Thai govt reiterates wish to cherish friendship with all countries

webfact

Govt reiterates wish to cherish friendship with all countries

BANGKOK, 9 April 2015 (NNT) – The government has reiterated its wish to strengthen friendship and cooperation with all nations, expressing thanks to those that continue to show amicable support for Thailand.

The statement came after the meeting between Mr. Dmitry Medvedev, Prime Minister of the Russian Federation and Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha. During the visit to Thailand, Russia expressed interest in buying 80,000 tons of Thai rubber in 2016 as she sees an opportunity to sell defense equipment to Thailand.

Speaking on behalf of the premier, Deputy Government Spokesperson, Col. Sansern Kaewkamnerd stressed the country’s appreciation for all the countries which have maintained friendly ties with the Thai government all along, despite cool reaction from certain countries whose stance Thailand respects.

According to the Deputy Government Spokesperson, the government’s active bids to boost ties with other countries are indeed a gesture of gratitude to those that understand the country’s situation and continue to cooperate with the government in a constructive manner, clearing up doubts as to whether the government is trying to compensate for the impact of reaction of some countries.

Col. Sansern said the country merely hoped for understanding from foreign countries as it carried on with the national reform, which should be based on trust and mutual respect.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-09 footer_n.gif

"...The government has reiterated its wish to strengthen friendship and cooperation with all nations, expressing thanks to those that continue to show amicable support for Thailand..."

Well that's a contrary statement if I ever heard one. And so what do they express to those nations that DO NOT show "amicable" support?

Edited by oneday
  • Like 1

Who shows amicable support?

China? North Korea?

You want amicable support?

Change your attitude....oh and here's a good idea....what about a constitution that is democratic and doesn't include a clause that says the military can regain control if we don't like what we see ( or what we get).

That's a good start.

Thai definition; "friendship" = "he" who gives us money

And if we donate enough we might even be named darling..............

But if the ATM runs dry

we are very quickly degraded to dac ling.......................coffee1.gif

In related news: the Thai government is facing a defamation lawsuit in the World Court today from several countries, after it named these countries on it's Facebook page as having stopped to show amicable support for Thailand. One country is quoted as saying "Thailand has tarnished our image and it is really, really unfair!".

• Like 1

..............I am leaning towards what the PM is saying. "if your not corrupt, not a thief, Why should you worry about rule 44. " Its intention is to stop crime, and prevent a re-accuring corruption in the Thai government. Lets not forget, he is a military man, not a double talking politician, and say's what you want to here.

He is the only PM in years, that every Friday reports to the Thai people of what is being done, what has been done, and what will be done. Unlike past PM he is a man of action and does listen to what the people are complaining about. I've lived here in Thailand for the past 6 years, and actions by the Military have not changed my life in any way.

...And all you peanut gallery hooligans that discredit him, LET ME REMIND YOU, that you are a guest here, and what goes on in Thailand Government is not of your concern or mine, ........don't like it.....then go back where ya came from!

• Like 2

..............I am leaning towards what the PM is saying. "if your not corrupt, not a thief, Why should you worry about rule 44. " Its intention is to stop crime, and prevent a re-accuring corruption in the Thai government. Lets not forget, he is a military man, not a double talking politician, and say's what you want to here.

He is the only PM in years, that every Friday reports to the Thai people of what is being done, what has been done, and what will be done. Unlike past PM he is a man of action and does listen to what the people are complaining about. I've lived here in Thailand for the past 6 years, and actions by the Military have not changed my life in any way.

...And all you peanut gallery hooligans that discredit him, LET ME REMIND YOU, that you are a guest here, and what goes on in Thailand Government is not of your concern or mine, ........don't like it.....then go back where ya came from!

That's exactly what I will do, get the F outta here before the place makes North Korea look like the democratic champ of Asia!

'He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.'

• Like 2

NONSENSE!!

• Like 1

Always a good idea to start at home BEFORE reaching out to others....

Thailand wasn't that peaceful since the last coup....

And I am certain you can explain that to the satisfaction of everyone....

Samak/Somchai: Yellow Mob

Abhisit: Red Mob

Yingluck: Yellow Mob

Army: No Mob...peaceful no Reds are shooting, no yellows are blocking the streets...

Just a guess, but it sounds like Thailand came up with zip from the Russians and Chinese. No money for Thailand. Probably only offered them a deal on the military version of day old bread.

Always a good idea to start at home BEFORE reaching out to others....

Thailand wasn't that peaceful since the last coup....

And I am certain you can explain that to the satisfaction of everyone....

Samak/Somchai: Yellow Mob

Abhisit: Red Mob

Yingluck: Yellow Mob

Army: No Mob...peaceful no Reds are shooting, no yellows are blocking the streets...

What about the police mob?

And what about the army mob whenever the general feels like throwing a tantrum.

• Like 1

Stop calling many of us guests. Maybe you are, but MANY foreigners are in Thailand because they are needed. If they leave, Thailand suffers. Do you get it? If the Japanese and German health researchers leave, Thailand's efforts to control malaria and dengue will collapse. If the US stops funding and supplying the experts to implement the the malaria and HIV programs, you will see thousands of Thais dead. If the foreigners who you claim are lucky guests leave, multiple large employers will quickly fall apart as those foreigners who provide the expertise in running Toyota,and Ford plants leave. Are you even aware that those foreign guests are the difference between a lurching along Thai real estate market and a collapse? Those foreign guests, whether they are exploited Burmese slaves or Danish tourists pump billions of baht into an otherwise moribund economy. Lose the Cambodian and Burmese labour and the construction sector collapses.

As for you nonsense about the Thai general reporting to the people, you are delusional. Do you even understand Thai? If so, listen to what he says. They are empty platitudes and a repeat of the same stories and slogans week after week. The actions by the military may not have changed your life, but they most certainly have for tens of millions of Thais. My friend who is no threat to the Thai government still lives under curfew and his elderly father has been searched without warrant and harassed at military checkpoints. It's an easy life for you because you are in a ghetto. Get out into Thai communities where the civil liberties are suspended and it is a different story. Live in the villages where infrastructure programs will be put off because the military budget is to be increased while potable water infrastructure denied.

You are an example of why revolutions happen. You sit there gleefully proclaiming hey, I'm doing fine, sucks to be you, so suck it up. Well, the majority of people are not happy and when they get to the boiling point, extremism takes root and flourishes. You are why foreigners get their throats slit when mobs go amuck. The military can only keep a lid on unrest for so long until a spark sets the smouldering debris of frustration alight, field by poverty, lack of opportunity and injustice.

Signed,

a conservative foreigner who has a comfortable lifestyle, but who isn't a clueless selfish person collecting more in pension than contributed.

Well said.

Article 44 will be used to quite any opposition against the current regime.

The real problem is the peanuts that don't speak up against injustice.