denied visa at cambodian border,need advice

ill just be honest..I've been living in thailand roughly a year now doing visa runs for the single entry visa....my last 3 visa have been from doing land border runs in cambodia...i should have taken the immigration officer's advice when he told me ""no come back to cambodia..go get visa"" i thought he was just being rude/having a bad day..and wasn't totally aware of the new strict policy cracking down on foreigners using multiple single entry visas to live in thailand..let alone border runs...

i tried several times to fly back to bkk for the 30 day on arrival visa...since my visa was cancelled and had a lot of problems with that obtaining a ticket as the airlines didnt want to sell me one giving me all manner of confusing reasons...

i went to a travel agency here and paid for 60 day visa single entry visa...will take about 2 days..and bought a one way ticket to bkk....

my question is...with my new single entry stamp and my ticket paid for will i have any problem flying back to BKK either at the airport or arriving in bkk with immigration police?

im currently stuck in cambodia with money running out and this is my last option.... :(

I have removed you other topic since this one has more info than the other one you did.

Since you will have a tourist visa instead of trying to do another visa exempt entry (it is not a visa) you will not have a problem entering the country.

You cannot do back to back visa exempt entries now. That started in May of last year.

im sorry im about confused and also a bit ignornant about all of this..after i get back i will try and obtain a marriage visa or education visa

ive been reading that foreigners doing back to back tourist visa are even having problems....will i encounter similiar problems with a tourist visa in the future?

There are many people that have stayed here for years on tourist visas. The only restriction on tourist visas is how many you can get from one embassy or consulate.

The problem is that people call visa exempt entries tourist visas and this causes a lot of confusion between the 2.

If you are married to a Thai you can get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. The visa would give you unlimited 90 day entries for a year. Or you could apply for a one year extension of stay if you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Get the Tourist visa with multiple entries, do the same routine you always do with going into cambodia and re-entering thailand. You will actually save a lot of money and time. Remember you can always extend the tourist visa 30 days at any immigration office. If you are running into cambodia from Aranyapratet, there is an immigration center right there in the city center, just ask a tuktuk driver to take you to Dtaw maw.

You can get 2 entries which are 60 days so a total of 120 days, more if you do extensions.

Hi Jay. From now on you can pretty much forget the idea of 30 day visa exempt entries. You are going to have to start playing the visa game and use the system as best you can. Where there's a will there's a way. Usually!

Your new 60 day tourist visa can be extended by 30 days so you're good for 90 days or so with that. When the time is up you'll need to get another tourist visa, non-immigration visa if qualified, or shell out for a 5 year elite visa.

The embassies seem to be allowing 3 or 4 tourist visas before they start asking questions so unless things change in the near future you will probably be able to last 1 to 2 years with tourist visas. Try for a double entry next time as that can be padded out for 6 months.

The best thing to do is to check the options with TV members before applying for a new visa. Experts like Ubonjoe will always point you in the right direction, and will be up to date with regulations.

how do i qualify for the 1 year extension...

just be married and have 400,000 baht in the bank?

can i do that every year?

thanks for all the help guys..seems like being married and getting back to back 1 year extensions is the cheapest and most hassle free way to go?

how do i qualify for the 1 year extension...

just be married and have 400,000 baht in the bank?

can i do that every year?

thanks for all the help guys..seems like being married and getting back to back 1 year extensions is the cheapest and most hassle free way to go?

You will need to get a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage to apply for the first extension and the have 400k baht in the bank in your name only for 2 months.

You can get a new one year extension of stay every year for infinity. Just apply for a new one every year before the current one ends.

Tourist visas back to back has some chance of being questioned & has happened to a few people recently including myself at swampy.

Don't get married just for sake of a visa :-O

Multi O or extension of stay on marriage is good though, I like multi O as flexible & no money tied up in Thailands awful banking.

Would be easy for you grab a double entry tourist from savannakhet laos as current fix & use the time to plan your options & educate yourself on visas etc or you going end up in a awful mess.