Yogert And Kefir

swain

Hello,

I make my own yogurt or I did... I need to find kefir grains so that I can start the process. Does anyone know where I can get this or where I should begin to look.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this topic.

Edited by swain

yogert

No idea what this is! :o

Fine fine.. so I can't spell yogurt

I haven't seen anything like that in Chiang Mai - I've been looking for something vaguely similar - Kombucha for making Kombucha tea. There are a few people who are willing to supply Keffir and Kombuch from Malaysia and Singapore. This may be the best way to get hold of them here unless Thai people start becoming interested in these two things.

Cheers,

Fraktalkid

• 2 years later...
There are a few people who are willing to supply Keffir and Kombuch from Malaysia and Singapore. This may be the best way to get hold of them here unless Thai people start becoming interested in these two things.

Cheers,

Fraktalkid

Does anyone know who the suppliers are?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in Bkk and have some milk kefir grains to share. I'm currently brewing my own kombucha too, so I'll probably have a scoby to share pretty soon. If anyone's interested, send me a PM in here. Anyone who has water kefir grains, I'd be interested in acquiring some of them.

• Like 1

yogert

No idea what this is! :o

Fine fine.. so I can't spell yogurt

I haven't seen anything like that in Chiang Mai - I've been looking for something vaguely similar - Kombucha for making Kombucha tea. There are a few people who are willing to supply Keffir and Kombuch from Malaysia and Singapore. This may be the best way to get hold of them here unless Thai people start becoming interested in these two things.

Cheers,

Fraktalkid

Helmut at Cafe Dada makes Kombucha - I keep meaning to go down and get a culture from him, I asked him months ago when he was still living in our building. I imagine he would sell them. Address is Ratmakka Rd, Phra Singh, Chiang Mai 053-449 718

• 9 months later...

You can get a kombucha starter SCOBY at Ban Suan Pak Store, 419/27 Vitchayanan Road, Chiang Mai, just outside of the old city. Telephone 053-4331357. They gave me a starter for free when I asked. They also have a good quality pro-biotic for a low price.