Building Contractor

naammanow

In order to build my house I am looking for a Building Contractor. Alternatively, a project manager, which I have been told will be a cheaper deal.

Ideally I would like to employ a person who supervises the whole construction process from beginning to end. Anybody can recommend a reliable General Contractor or Project Manager or has had any dealings and experience?

By the way, have been told by my architect that the costs of making the housing plans will be in the region of 7% of construction costs, which sounds rather steep, isn’t it?

In order to build my house I am looking for a Building Contractor. Alternatively, a project manager, which I have been told will be a cheaper deal.

Ideally I would like to employ a person who supervises the whole construction process from beginning to end. Anybody can recommend a reliable General Contractor or Project Manager or has had any dealings and experience?

By the way, have been told by my architect that the costs of making the housing plans will be in the region of 7% of construction costs, which sounds rather steep, isn’t it?

+Who you need depends a lot on what you are building. One story, two story, typical Thai construction or more western kind of construction, location .......requirements for non-typical components. You will get better recomendations if you tell your needs in a bit more detail.

in the west, i heard that the architects company charges about 10% of construction cost,

for that you get designs, revisions to design, securing permission, and overseeing of all conastruction until the house is done and more. sounds fair to me because they have to babysit the whole project.

i talked to one american architect in bangkok and that was his deal as well.

there are some famous architects will charge more, and some archs will charge less.

but the thing to be aware of is that the thai contractor/architectthat offers to do it for less will generally make his money back on side deals and kick-backs for all the materials,, substituting the cheapest crap instead of quality just to make some baht.

Will build 2 story house, each floor about 350 sq.m. This just the house, no walkway, garage, garden etc. included. If including the entrance, garage etc, total will be about 950 sq.m including the 2 floors. A bit modern contemporary style.

My architect will charge me 7% of total building cost – just for making the plans, no supervision, no checking. And I really want to have somebody in charge as recommended, from day one till the finished product. Not living on-site but going and tracking things each and every day of the building stages. My architect recommended a Project Manager instead of a Building Contractor as the Project Manager will be cheaper; however will require more involvement of myself, for which I hardly have time.

Of course money plays a large part, but rather will pay a bit more for quality hassle-free work. Have followed some leads recommended and hope to get some replies from these. If anybody can recommend any reliable people or suggest a way, please let me know. Thanks!

Will build 2 story house, each floor about 350 sq.m. This just the house, no walkway, garage, garden etc. included. If including the entrance, garage etc, total will be about 950 sq.m including the 2 floors. A bit modern contemporary style.

My architect will charge me 7% of total building cost – just for making the plans, no supervision, no checking. And I really want to have somebody in charge as recommended, from day one till the finished product. Not living on-site but going and tracking things each and every day of the building stages. My architect recommended a Project Manager instead of a Building Contractor as the Project Manager will be cheaper; however will require more involvement of myself, for which I hardly have time.

Of course money plays a large part, but rather will pay a bit more for quality hassle-free work. Have followed some leads recommended and hope to get some replies from these. If anybody can recommend any reliable people or suggest a way, please let me know. Thanks!

Given the floor space it sounds more like a mansion than a house but I guess it will be a great place for parties.

I did a complete renovation a few years back and used a “main contractor” who worked out a bit expensive but as a single point of contact it worked fine. Originally the wife didn’t like the idea but when she saw that for any issue or problem we only had to deal with one man she realised the value of this. I’ve looked around but I’m sorry to say that I can’t find his telephone number anywhere.

However, I have seen adverts for this lot

http://www.euro-designandbuild.com/

but have never spoken to anyone about the quality of services offered. Looks okay so if you do speak to them please could you post a comment or two?

Good luck.