Phuket Gov: 'We are not facing a draught'

webfact

"This is sufficient to last until the end of this year even without rainfall." Do these people EVER do the maths, before commenting, total requirements, his figures, 11624200 cubic metres, total capacity (currently), once again, his figures 7790000, as we can see it doesn't "add" up, even now he mentions trucking water in, so one must assume, Phuket is in serious water shortage. If they get to the point of trucking in water, can you image the continuous stream of trucks required to supply enough water for the island. All this and they still allow the filling in of lakes...looks like someone is in the water carting business.

Required on a yearly basis 12.5, available at the moment 7.8, considering we're in mid April that will last almost till the end of the year.

He did not mention trucking water in, he mentioned trucking water to people that don't receive communal water at the moment.

So no, I agree with the governor, Phuket does not have a serious water shortage.

There is NOTHING in the OP that says trucking water ONLY to communal areas, I don't know where you get your info from, but it certainly isn't from the OP. Now as for your first paragraph, did you not read/understand the governors own words, he clearly stated, in the OP, which I CLEARLY quoted "This is sufficient to last until the end of this year even without rainfall." Hence why I said " Do these people EVER do the maths" I thought any fool, not that I am calling you one (some people are rather sensitive) would understand what I wrote. I admit getting my own maths wrong, of course it's yearly requirement is 12553000, this more so supports my comment.
Still required for the remainder of the year based on average usage throughout the year would be about 9030000 cubic meters, so yes, almost enough already in the reservoirs. Now take into account that we're comping up to 6 months low season, so far less people and therefore usage than in high season, and the present stock would easily last until beginning of 2016.

And yes, he is talking about trucking water to areas that need it, he is only talking about trucking water in to Phuket as an emergency, which as he states and the calculations clearly show is not necessary if we don't have any rains at all.

Your conclusion "even now he mentions trucking water in, so one must assume, Phuket is in serious water shortage." is based on loose sand at best.

My comment was based on the governors ON words, your replies are based on your ASSUMPTIONS. Once again, as you seem unable to comprehend sometime very simple, he clearly stated "This is sufficient to last until the end of this year even without rainfall." I would have thought any simpleton could understand this, but obviously I was wrong, I'm sorry for your failings. Also, the governor CLEARLY said the figures are YEARLY requirements, NOTHING to do with high or low season, I really don't know what you read but it certainly doesn't seem to be what the rest of us read.

Required on a yearly basis 12.5, available at the moment 7.8, considering we're in mid April that will last almost till the end of the year.

He did not mention trucking water in, he mentioned trucking water to people that don't receive communal water at the moment.

So no, I agree with the governor, Phuket does not have a serious water shortage.

There is NOTHING in the OP that says trucking water ONLY to communal areas, I don't know where you get your info from, but it certainly isn't from the OP. Now as for your first paragraph, did you not read/understand the governors own words, he clearly stated, in the OP, which I CLEARLY quoted "This is sufficient to last until the end of this year even without rainfall." Hence why I said " Do these people EVER do the maths" I thought any fool, not that I am calling you one (some people are rather sensitive) would understand what I wrote. I admit getting my own maths wrong, of course it's yearly requirement is 12553000, this more so supports my comment.
Still required for the remainder of the year based on average usage throughout the year would be about 9030000 cubic meters, so yes, almost enough already in the reservoirs. Now take into account that we're comping up to 6 months low season, so far less people and therefore usage than in high season, and the present stock would easily last until beginning of 2016.

And yes, he is talking about trucking water to areas that need it, he is only talking about trucking water in to Phuket as an emergency, which as he states and the calculations clearly show is not necessary if we don't have any rains at all.

Your conclusion "even now he mentions trucking water in, so one must assume, Phuket is in serious water shortage." is based on loose sand at best.

My comment was based on the governors ON words, your replies are based on your ASSUMPTIONS. Once again, as you seem unable to comprehend sometime very simple, he clearly stated "This is sufficient to last until the end of this year even without rainfall." I would have thought any simpleton could understand this, but obviously I was wrong, I'm sorry for your failings. Also, the governor CLEARLY said the figures are YEARLY requirements, NOTHING to do with high or low season, I really don't know what you read but it certainly doesn't seem to be what the rest of us read.
Uhm, no, my reply is simple maths. a pity you don't understand that. Also a pity that you don't understand that if there are only 8 months left in a year and 6 of those months are low season months, the requirement for those months will be lower than the monthly average for the whole year.

I speak for myself BTW, and I would presume you do as well, who is 'us' exactly? I can't imagine many others agreeing with your assumption that a yearly requirement means the same usage every month.

That is my last contribution to this discussion BTW, I am not talking to people who insult me.

Edited by stevenl

Rorri calm down. You're getting hysterical. Phuket is not going to run out of water! Go and stock up on some large water containers if it will make you feel better, then have a cup of hot, sweet tea and take a chill pill. All is well (pun intended). coffee1.gif

Rorri calm down. You're getting hysterical. Phuket is not going to run out of water! Go and stock up on some large water containers if it will make you feel better, then have a cup of hot, sweet tea and take a chill pill. All is well (pun intended). coffee1.gif

I agree.

We should all have every confidence in what the Phuket Gov tells us. cheesy.gif

Edited by NamKangMan

I agree.

We should all have every confidence in what the Phuket Gov tells us. cheesy.gif

Yeh - right ....

I must say, I believe the government officials here do seem to have the water supply as a high priority.

Restrengthening Bang Wad dam has been going on for over a year.

And the new dam being built near Phunaka.

Between the two projects, it must cost a fortune.

One day I counted 17 of the large backhoes running at the new Phunaka dam.