Songkran Festivities begin in Pattaya

Lite Beer

Songkran Festivities begin in Pattaya

son-4.jpg?baf06d

PATTAYA: -- The official Songkran Festival for Pattaya takes place on 19th April, however around Thailand Songkran begins on 12th April and in Pattaya the water fighting has already begun.

On Saturday traffic into Pattaya intensified as domestic tourists flocked to the City to enjoy their extended break. Many businesses around Thailand shutdown at this time of year giving workers an opportunity to rest and take a holiday.

Read More: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/183218/songkran-festivities-begin-in-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-11

Absolutely nothing in those POne photos tells me it was anything other than a normal Saturday afternoon during the worst high season in living memory. I dont know where the thousands of new arrivals are, but I'm heading out tonight in the hope that there might be some life in the bars.

• Like 1

Very strange report, as Pattaya is quieter this Songkran than any of the last 5 years I have lived here. Saturday night the roads into Pattaya where virtually empty, so I think the guy that wrote this article was already in the 'Songkran mood' after consuming too much Samsung!!!

• Like 1

That's something for Prayut and his mates.........bring back Songkran to the original dates of 13, 14 and 15 April.......PERIOD!!!

<deleted>......start on the 11th and finish on the 19th!!!

Nothing to do with Prayut - short of closing the bars I dont see how he could stop the madness that is confined to a single city. A city which just happens to consider corruption a virtue - money talks, joe, simple as that.

whistling.gif Just fro your information there was a ceremony here in Bangkok at one of the "official" venues they opened on Silom Road to celebrate Songkran .

There was a ceremony on television this afternoon when it was opened with a speech form some of the city officials.

Coincidentally, just after that site was opened a strong thunderstorm broke over Bangkok, with heavy rain and wind blowing the rain around.

Almost like it was staged on cue with the ceremony.

That's something for Prayut and his mates.........bring back Songkran to the original dates of 13, 14 and 15 April.......PERIOD!!!

<deleted>......start on the 11th and finish on the 19th!!!

Nothing to do with Prayut - short of closing the bars I dont see how he could stop the madness that is confined to a single city. A city which just happens to consider corruption a virtue - money talks, joe, simple as that.

Not only Pattaya Worldwide, its all over Thailand. In a couple of years April will be Songkran month with a kick off on Shakkri day (6-4)

Beware of a lady with big water gun in soi Chaiyapruek, Jomtien. She took me by surprise today, I was out bicycling and she hit me hard and I had no protection for my phone. Never expected they had started the water throwing here in the south end of Jomtien. Too early, not fun at all. Stay away .

It was great to see the younger Chinese tourists getting right into it yesterday in central Pattaya, even if the guys seemed to be having considerably more fun than their lady friends. Less enthused by the massage harpy who insisted on throwing ice cold water on the front of my shorts - at that stage I was dry and it was clearly designed to make me look like I'd just peed myself - hilarious stuff if we were both 12 years old and enrolled in a Special School. That effort aside, I had a surprisingly good time yesterday. Let's hope the overall happy vibe lasts for the remainder of this endless holiday.