Chiang Mai Golf Festival 2015

sticklee

Golf is nothing more to you than a way to kill a few hours each day. Stop acting like you love the game, are a natural, are sociable, have patience, or understand the great game. You have done nothing to devote yourself to playing the game properly, or even having the disposition to do so.

Stop giving your opinion on what private business owners should charge in order to make the less than casual golfer-you happy. Give it up. No one cares what the guy who took uo golf because he retired and was bored thinks.

Thankfully the 60,000 unique annual visitors to the website think differently to you.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm there's a difference between 60 000 hits or IP address and visitors. In any case, just like it's Alpine's prerogative to set fees and for golfers to decide if they want to pay. The same goes to a blog's content and its visitors. Alpine is still doing well without my patronage and I imagine your blog will continue to do well even without particular users. I love free markets and I respect the choices that are made even if I don't agree with them.

From a business point of view, if Alpine makes more money with less users, it's a good business decision and I would do the same. They are the only ones with the numbers so I can't criticise their decision, I simply decide not to play there.

Mmm there's a difference between 60 000 hits or IP address and visitors. In any case, just like it's Alpine's prerogative to set fees and for golfers to decide if they want to pay. The same goes to a blog's content and its visitors. Alpine is still doing well without my patronage and I imagine your blog will continue to do well even without particular users. I love free markets and I respect the choices that are made even if I don't agree with them.

From a business point of view, if Alpine makes more money with less users, it's a good business decision and I would do the same. They are the only ones with the numbers so I can't criticise their decision, I simply decide not to play there.

Yes there is.

Unique visitors * <= 59,564

Visits 115,239

Pages 549,126

Hits 1,175,271

Edited by Thailand

I think the Chiang Mai Golf Classic has made Alpine the must play course, particularly for visitors, and they simply take advantage of it, as you said,sound business.

I also choose not to play there but then it's never been my favourite "top" course in Chiang Mai, I doubt if they will miss us.

As for the blog, it's for info only,it's free,and generally the opinions are my own. But then that's what most blogs are?

Alpine was my favorite course with Highlands. They are in my opinion the most challenging with good course conditions but I will simply not play golf in a cart.

Yes, no room to swing the clubs!

Highland and Inthanon are mine.

Yes this refers to the number of IP addresses so if I were to access your site from two different devices, I would then count as two unique visitors. Visitor really refers to a device and not a person.

Yes there is.

Visits 115,239

Pages 549,126

Hits 1,175,271

Yes this refers to the number of IP addresses so if I were to access your site from two different devices, I would then count as two unique visitors. Visitor really refers to a device and not a person.

Yes there is.

Visits 115,239

Pages 549,126

Hits 1,175,271

I do have a small amount of knowledge relating to what makes a successful and valuable website/domain but yet again we are going off topic.

I started this thread to provide some helpful information for those who might be interested and, as is becoming all too frequent on TV, an annoying boor comes along to spoil it. If you have useful, valid information please share it. If you intend to be a tedious irritant please find another thread where you may be able to goad someone into a pointless argument.

< Off topic deflection comments removed to avoid continued arguments. >

Edited by metisdead

• 4 weeks later...

I read a banner at my local range today stating from 31/5 to some time in oct you can pay 100 b and then you can golf play at the Gassan Kwantan course for 900 b 18 holes with single cart or 500 walking sounds interesting will give a go on wed

wen to gassan khuntan and played today 100 b registration then 900 b cart and caddy course in excellent condition a real treat after inthanon yesterday only one slight issue I would say the greens were cored about 4-5 weeks ago still a little bumpy never mind the deal runs until the end of sept well worth the money

Was at Highlands Friday, 26 June. 3pm found dozens (100s?) of buggies lined up full of Koreans/Japanese & others, eager to go. Might be cheap but how many holes would someone starting off at 4 pm get in?

It's probably uncommon for that to happen, and also, the staff at Highlands are excellent and would probably start you off somewhere else so you can play some golf uninterrupted.

Mae Moh today greenfees !00 b so with caddy fee 500 not bad the fairways are in good nick but have been coring and sanding there greens so they are a bit bumpy a bit of gur on the fair ways with a bit of turf replacement but all in all well worth forking out 500 clams