Relationship counslors in Thailand

Guitar God

A good friend of mine has been married to a Thai woman for 3-4 years, they have a good relationship but occasionally his wife seems to get a bit bi-polar and starts arguments over the most insignificant things.

In the U.S. and Europe there are marriage and relationship counslors who help couples avoid and deal with these situations before they escalate.

I mentioned it to him and he thought it was a good idea but when he asked where he could go, I drew a blank. I asked a few Thais and the concept seemed unknown to them.

Any ideas where to find bi-lingual relationship counslors or psychologists who specialize in that field in the vicinity of Ubon?

And as soon as his wife realises he thinks she has a bipolar condition, she will defend her 'face' by saying he's crazy..........and start another argument.

It takes two to argue, follow MaeJoMTB's advice and take a short leave of absence.

If that doesn't work take a permanent leave of absence.

• Like 2

Long time ago I assisted to a seminar in the US, and a very well known speaker shows that arguments between people just get more intense, never ends, if people's mind do not get away from the issue. The speaker shows that, if during an argument, a distraction happens, that breaks the circle, ending the discussion. Sometimes creating a better energy to resolve it.

Back home, I try it with my wife, that seems to have the same kind of problem than yours. Just saying or asking anything, in casual way, totally unrelated to the discussion, was enough to end it. Anyway, we got divorced later, but I used in other occasions and with other people and works very well....sometimes even resolving the issue.

Bipolar disorder very often comes with impulsive - compulsive disorder behavior, and can be very negative if the person not focus all that "energy" in something positive and demanding that requires a lot of concentration and dedication. Most inventors and innovators, artist and actors, some very famous people like Steve Jobs and Robin Williams were suffering from bipolar disorder. Are not easy people. Frustration and non satisfaction with life, sometimes with simple things, makes them very aggressive, and demanding with them and other people. In extreme cases, them can be very violent and destructive. Confrontations and discussions never have a god ending with them. Understanding and compassion works better

Unfortunately is not a cure for that condition. Calm surroundings, meditation, gardening, art, and some natural herbal products may help. Thai people with behavior problems get counseling with monks, and some are really good in that.

Take care.

• Like 1

My misses started a pointless argument yesterday morning, I got on my scooter and went out for the day.

When I came home argument gone.

Works every time.

+1..... Works for me too

If I may misquote maidee ....... "crazy needs an audience"

Edited by bbbbooboo
  • Like 1

If your friend or anyone else needs a counselor to help fix a marriage, it's already beyond repair.

In my opinion nothing but a waste of money. What on earth can they tell you, that you probably don't already know.

If your mate can't sit down and sort this sh!te out, best he give her an ultimatum, shape up or ship out!!

Ann O. White

http://www.annowhite.com/

Confidential Marriage and Family Counseling Services for Individuals, Couples and Families.

Specializing in: Relationship Issues; Culture Shock; Life Transitions; Personal Growth; Parenting; Communication Skills; Grief and Loss.

Centrally located in the heart of Bangkok near Central Chidlom.

I'm guessing there are cultural reasons why there seem to be so few options available. This isn't the only story I've heard where a couple could benefit from an objective analysis and professional recommendations.

My wife's best friend was having marital issues, married for 8 years, three kids, controlling Thai husband. I suggested to my wife that they go talk to someone to help sort out their issues and the concept seemed foreign to her.

I'm sure some relationships are beyond repair but I have heard of other couples in the US and Europe who were able to get some good advice, put it in practice and benefited from it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll pass them along.

I'm guessing there are cultural reasons why there seem to be so few options available.

You are correct with that statement. Most Thais would probably look upon counseling as some kind of "loss of face" issue?

However, Bumrungrad Hospital, has psychiatrists on staff. About 10 0f them. So, someone must be using them???

I'm guessing there are cultural reasons why there seem to be so few options available.

You are correct with that statement. Most Thais would probably look upon counseling as some kind of "loss of face" issue?

However, Bumrungrad Hospital, has psychiatrists on staff. About 10 0f them. So, someone must be using them???

This is not a psychiatric problem he is talking about, it is for a psychologist to resolve nobody. Is saying the female has mental health problems.

no amount of talking will take the crazy out of a woman or men

if there is a chemical inbalance in the brain

The reason Jesus Christ never got married is because his Dad gave him the Eye Eye he f*^#*^d up with the moulds.

This is not a psychiatric problem he is talking about, it is for a psychologist to resolve nobody. Is saying the female has mental health problems.

Yes, I realize that ableguy. However, it has been my experience, most psychiatrists, will know the name of a competent psychologist, and vice versa.

IMO. The most difficult issue will be convincing the female to seek, and accept health.

Guitar God, someone mentioned a monk. What about a minister, pastor, priest, rabbi, etc.? Many different religions and spiritual disciplines here in Thailand, other than Buddhism.

If your friend or anyone else needs a counselor to help fix a marriage, it's already beyond repair.

In my opinion nothing but a waste of money. What on earth can they tell you, that you probably don't already know.

If your mate can't sit down and sort this sh!te out, best he give her an ultimatum, shape up or ship out!!

Ignorance at its finest! Everyone has problems to some degree. The smart ones admit it and seek help. To say a relationship is beyond repair if one considers counseling is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

Absolute crap !!!