Get a Little Bang for Your Baht: 10 Nearly Free Things to Do in Chiang Mai

CMfoodie

Our old friend canarysun will be very interested in this, I'm sure. I bet he'll be hitch-hiking in your direction very soon. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png (Haven't seen you posting for a while, mate.)

Ran out of money and returned to the UK.

Sad thing is that almost nothing that you posted is actually free and most require transportation to get to. There is nothing new or original on your list. The entrance fee to doi suthep cost more than a few meals so that is not nearly free. Waterfalls, I find it ironic that you claim them not to be slippery just a few weeks after a death there. The lake cottages are not free at all. Perhaps you have people paying your way for things and mooch off others so you think they are free.

I had expected to read at least one interesting thing that wasn't common knowledge.

The waterfall mentioned in the article isn't slippery at all. There is still a bit of danger especially when the water is flowing quickly. You can actually walk up it. Here's a video someone made:

Not free over Songkran..

Price to enter??

"Up to you" was the answer!

Paid 40 baht....

Quote : "The town of Chiang Mai is perfectly rectangular"

When I walked around the moat with my Garmin GPS (ie inside the moat but on the pathway along the moat's bank) I measured each side as 1 mile on each side (Give or take +/-). Does this make it square and not rectangular?

all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares...f.y.i.