Golf GPS apps

watcharacters

Can anyone recommend one that works in a simple fashion.

A playing partner of mine has one that works well on his Android phone and I'd just like the same or similar. I'm Ok to pay for the app, but I see very few offered in the App Store.

I just want to be able to find the distance of the swing I make on the ball. Nothing fancy. A GPS kind of thing.

My phone is unlocked carrier wise but it is tethered to Apple.

It's a 4GS.

TIA

Golfshot GPS is a good app for yardages along with hazards shown and distances to front, middle and back of the green. It is available for IPhone and Android phones and there is a free one and one you purchase with a few more features. They can be customized for yards or meters, clubs you carry, etc. I have used around the world and rarely find a course not mapped on their system. Seems better than what I noticed on other people's phones. Note that it is essentially a GPS and you can use when playing without the need for a data connection which uses your monthly data allowance. Just turn off the data service and just use the GPS feature. You will need to turn on data to transmit the scores and results to your account or email. http://golfshot.com/

Golfshot GPS is a good app for yardages along with hazards shown and distances to front, middle and back of the green. It is available for IPhone and Android phones and there is a free one and one you purchase with a few more features. They can be customized for yards or meters, clubs you carry, etc. I have used around the world and rarely find a course not mapped on their system. Seems better than what I noticed on other people's phones. Note that it is essentially a GPS and you can use when playing without the need for a data connection which uses your monthly data allowance. Just turn off the data service and just use the GPS feature. You will need to turn on data to transmit the scores and results to your account or email. http://golfshot.com/

Thank you very much for the suggestion Qman. I appreciate it.

I've downloaded it now and am trying to digest it.

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, Sunnywind said:

Here you can find a review of cute GPS rangefinder under 100, https://golfclubguru.net/best-golf-rangefinder-under-100/ hope you find it good ????

You have replied to a 4 year old post with an answer that would not have helped the OP - he was looking for an app.....

Would have been better to make a new posting in the golf forum if you really wanted to share that.......