Samui attack: Car bomb 'the work of people who lost power'

webfact

SAMUI ATTACK
Car bomb 'the work of people who lost power'

THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THE car bomb in Koh Samui was masterminded by people who have lost power and want to destroy the Songkran atmosphere, along with the country's image and economy, Defence Ministry spokesman Maj General Kongsheep Tantrawanit said yesterday.

Asked to respond to the comment by former People's Democratic Reform Committee chief Suthep Thaugsuban that a person who lives abroad funded the bomb, Kongsheep said he believed that - as he did not think Thais would hurt one another because of different ideologies. "The bomb is about losing interests.''

National police chief Pol General Somyos Pumpanmuang said police analysed the Samui car bomb and believed the motive of the perpetrators was to instigate turmoil. Masterminds hired assailants to carry out the attack. The Samui blast and motivation was similar to the blast in Ramkhamhaeng in Bangkok in 2013.

Six people suspected of being involved in the Samui car bomb are being held at Vibhavadi Rangsit camp, pending interrogation by military officials from Surat Thani.

But police said they had cleared a man in blue shirt - seen on surveillance cameras and suspected of having driven the pickup laden with explosives last Friday morning. The man was identified as Weera Pancharoen, 39, a resident of Samui. He had no link to the bomb, they said.

To restore confidence in business and tourism on Samui, police strictly checked visitors on all ferry piers to Samui and scanned every person and car entering and exiting the island.

Samui Provincial Police commander Pol Maj General Apichart Bunsriroj said sniffer dogs and Explosive Ordnance Disposal officials were on standby to carry out checks at all piers to Samui.

Sources said police had made "80 per cent progress" before they issued warrants for people linked to the bomb. Police are also continuing to look into the fire that broke out at Surat Thani Cooperative about the same time when the Samui bombing took place on Friday night. The investigation had been suspended after it rained heavily and because of a staff shortage due to the Songkran break.

Police said they have not ruled out arson but gave weight to the possibility of it being a short circuit, as the building was over 20 years old.

Meanwhile, Noppadon led five police and EOD officials, plus sniffer dogs from Chumphon to search for bombs at Surat Thani train station - to boost confidence among visitors and local revelers. No suspicious items were found.

The same team checked for bombs in department stores in Surat Thani, such as Central Plaza.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Car-bomb-the-work-of-people-who-lost-power-30258018.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-15

>> The investigation had been suspended after it rained heavily and because of a staff shortage due to the Songkran break.<< Quote

Welcome to Disneyland!!

Investigation suspended because of rain!!

And for Thailands finest it is more important to party, than to solve crimes.

Anyone surprised??

• Like 2

He did not think Thais would hurt one another because of different ideologies ! Where has he been for the past few years ?

This man is a Major General and holds the post of Deputy Defence Minister, does a lot for confidence in those supposedly running the country.

Is a political motive now the final word as yesterday his boss, the Defence Minister, was hedging his bets and giving equal weight to the political aspect and a local conflict as suggested by the BIB.

It's bad enough that senior officials open their mouths without thinking or evidence to back their comments but when the top people are talking at cross purposes there really is little hope.

Don't confuse them with logic; they've already made up their minds...

• Like 2

>> The investigation had been suspended after it rained heavily and because of a staff shortage due to the Songkran break.<< Quote

Welcome to Disneyland!!

Investigation suspended because of rain!!

And for Thailands finest it is more important to party, than to solve crimes.

Anyone surprised??

Probably rain has the same effect on the job as getting a haircut on wednesday does.

• Like 2

Expect more.

It is not just that they lost power but that they lost it to an illegal military takeover that won't even listen to their grievances.

They are setting up rigged elections to assure that the Thai elite retain their privileges.

It won't be too long (I suspect within 5 years) before their is a counter revolution and the beat goes on.

• Like 1

"...The car bomb in Koh Samui was masterminded by people who have lost power and want to destroy the Songkran atmosphere, along with the country's image and economy, Defence Ministry spokesman Maj General Kongsheep Tantrawanit said yesterday..."

The accusations are getting more and more blatant with zero evidence.

"...analysed the Samui car bomb and believed the motive of the perpetrators was to instigate turmoil..."

Isn't the aim of all bombers to scare, destroy and kill. You can't set a bomb off without expecting someone may get killed. I don't know who the children are here...the police giving these statements or the reporters reporting this drivel.

"...Six people suspected of being involved in the Samui car bomb are being held at Vibhavadi Rangsit camp, pending interrogation by military officials from Surat Thani..."

Pending VIGOROUS interrogation...

>>To restore confidence in business and tourism on Samui, police strictly checked visitors on all ferry piers to Samui and scanned every person and car entering and exiting the island.<<Quote

According to a long Thai tradition the gate is closed after the horse has bolted.......................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Clearly a topic to bring out the minority on TVF, JOC 4 posts, and counting. instead of 1 --Pilot ed, newbie straight at the PMs throat.

How do we know who interpreted the headline ?? this work doe's look like a bad case of sour grapes---BUT The spokesperson is, if the translation is correct a bit hasty.

If I was investigating I would naturally assume it MAY WELL be anti army government control, it has to be high on the list.

Has anyone of the minority TVF posters mentioned who they think is behind the bombings ?? if not why ?? instead of bashing the Authorities.

Had this happened to the PTP government it would be the Yellows who did it ?? So we say a definite disruptive act to unstable the present situation. anti army---southern escalation of violence--outside element interference--Big business rivalry-----choose.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

Another perfect investigation by the RTP!!

Can you prove, that those arrested are not guilty?? If you can, provide a link.

You are nothing but conspiracy theorists ............

(posted on behalf of a poster, who sadly didn't have the time to join us today)

Round up the usual suspects. Who do we know that has a predilection for bombs and explosive ordnance? Oh, yeah........

Please tell us as you seem to know all the facts!

I remember BOTH sides being armed last year, and in previous years!

Your posts are predicable and boring,get a life outside of your computer.

Clearly a topic to bring out the minority on TVF, JOC 4 posts, and counting. instead of 1 --Pilot ed, newbie straight at the PMs throat.

How do we know who interpreted the headline ?? this work doe's look like a bad case of sour grapes---BUT The spokesperson is, if the translation is correct a bit hasty.

If I was investigating I would naturally assume it MAY WELL be anti army government control, it has to be high on the list.

Has anyone of the minority TVF posters mentioned who they think is behind the bombings ?? if not why ?? instead of bashing the Authorities.

Had this happened to the PTP government it would be the Yellows who did it ?? So we say a definite disruptive act to unstable the present situation. anti army---southern escalation of violence--outside element interference--Big business rivalry-----choose.

Okay...I'll bite!

A timed car-bomb, with a stolen car from Yala, goes of at night in an empty park-house.

a) insurgents from the deep South: not likely, because after hundreds they already killed there, I find it unlikely, that they time a bomb to go off at night, in an empty parking lot, with little to no chance of hurting anybody. Terrorists aim to strike fear, kill and maim. So: no insurgents!

B) Red shirts: with a car from Yala (not really the stronghold of the reds), on Samui (not really the stronghold of the reds), announced by a guy on a recently re-opened FB-page named M Redshirt? Not even the reds are that kind of stupid...so: no red shirts.

C) laid of workers: yep...go, get a car, bomb an empty parking-space...as so many laid off workers do today! Not a chance in hell!

So I conclude: mafia-related; someone sent a warning, THIS TIME without anyone killed!

OR...false-flag operation, to blame political rivals!

You pick!

• Like 1

Another dig at a newbie! What is wrong with you?

Won't he join in your playground gang?

How many different theories have we had in the last couple of days?

Why don't you ask the general for a work permit and head the investigation? As you seem to know everything and already have the answers!

• Like 1

Not only are you good looking, you are intelligent too!!
Has anyone of the minority TVF posters mentioned who they think is behind the bombings ??
Personally I believe The Supreme Leader of Iran is behind it.........
To send a message to the Sunni running the kebab-stall in the mall.

Another perfect investigation by the RTP!!

Can you prove, that those arrested are not guilty?? If you can, provide a link.

You are nothing but conspiracy theorists ............

(posted on behalf of a poster, who sadly didn't have the time to join us today)

The last government and this have persons that come out immediately and spew anything out. It takes time ex., The London bombings---Marathon USA---Bali-----let the people who do the investigations get on with their work for gods sake.

Here there are maybe NOT a handful of suspected Nutter organizations to pick from. It is just having suspects and getting info from them, individually Thais are at their weakest. Someone will GRASS for the smallest amount of money.

Edited by ginjag

Okay...I'll bite!

A timed car-bomb, with a stolen car from Yala, goes of at night in an empty park-house.

a) insurgents from the deep South: not likely, because after hundreds they already killed there, I find it unlikely, that they time a bomb to go off at night, in an empty parking lot, with little to no chance of hurting anybody. Terrorists aim to strike fear, kill and maim. So: no insurgents!

B) Red shirts: with a car from Yala (not really the stronghold of the reds), on Samui (not really the stronghold of the reds), announced by a guy on a recently re-opened FB-page named M Redshirt? Not even the reds are that kind of stupid...so: no red shirts.

C) laid of workers: yep...go, get a car, bomb an empty parking-space...as so many laid off workers do today! Not a chance in hell!

So I conclude: mafia-related; someone sent a warning, THIS TIME without anyone killed!

OR...false-flag operation, to blame political rivals!

You pick!

post-170405-14290668868_thumb.jpg

Not only are you good looking, you are intelligent too!!
Has anyone of the minority TVF posters mentioned who they think is behind the bombings ??
Personally I believe The Supreme Leader of Iran is behind it.........
To send a message to the Sunni running the kebab-stall in the mall.

Have a good look at your and your associates posts on this topic, Most regular posters will steer clear of a topic like this not wanting to get involved just a waste of time arguing the toss with anti PM posters.