GTA V PC - network blocked on True Internet?

neek

With great joy I paid for and downloaded GTA V for PC today with no problem, it downloaded the initial installer and got to launching the Rockstar Social Club app that downloads the full game, and it got stuck claiming the service was unavailable. Took me to a web page that told me all services were up with no problem. https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

I installed CyberGhost VPN http://www.cyberghostvpn.com/en_gb/download/windows and restarted GTA V (clicking Retry didn't work, but closing it and starting it again made progress), and it managed to download a Social Club update, let me log in, and is now downloading the 60Gb game (9 hours remaining, ho hum).

I have had trouble before with True Internet and Elite Dangerous https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=27028&p=1982867&viewfull=1#post1982867 which is still unplayable for me. Very busy work and family life, I haven't got around to calling out an engineer yet.

Can anyone else confirm problems with GTA V over True internet, and how did you solve it? Did you call out an engineer to change your public IP address range, as the Elite Dangerous forum suggested, or is VPN the way, or is there some other trick?

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the replies, guys. I left it a while because I got online next time I tried, but with CyberGhost VPN running. The game has run fine since, with CyberGhost loaded automatically beforehand. This evening the game failed to launch, claiming rockstar services could not be contacted, though the status web page showed everything online (so at least my internet connection was working :)) .. I closed down Cyberghost, still connection failed message. I quit the GTA launcher and restarted it, and the game loaded fine, even without CyberGhost running.

So ultimately I guess even my initial problem connecting was simply a quirky internet connection or bug in the launcher and didn't really need VPN to solve it.

Man this game is awesome :)

• 1 month later...

!. Go to your antivirus and search under quarantined files/items

2. See if you can find anything that looks like it belongs to GTA, especially if the file says .dll at the end of its name. If so reinstate it.

3. Then turn off your antivirus and reinstall the game. Good shooting. .

What IP address is your ISP issuing your router? (Is the ISP issuing your Router a WAN IP address that's in the Public Internet or one that's in the Private IP range: 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255; 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255; 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 that may require adapted software to do some Internet tasks)

Is the ISP running through any hidden proxy services, or double NATs?

Does your Game Service require UPnP or open ports?

• 1 year later...

Hello All,

I have the same problem with true online about one year ago...

Before GTA works fine but than they may change something.

I not play it about 6 month but than i want to start again and nothing work

Even in story mode cant connect Rockstar server so the stocks not work

and online mode was absolut impossible to connect...

( play on PS4 and PC now )

I try everything new set up the router "cisco epc3825" but nothing help-

The only way I get it to connect was over VPN

All the VPN service for free are limited or bad so i use www.vpn4games.com

from Thailand, easy just pay 150 Baht to get one month.

Thats only need to play GTA online, everything else work fine with true.

I still not try to phone them (true) to explain my problem

dont know they can or will do something...

Archived