Briton fined Bt100 for walking naked in Bangkok on Songkran Day

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- Police have located and fined a 25-year-old Briton for exposing himself on Khaosarn Road on Songkran Day, Daily News reported.

After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no clothes on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night.

Pol Lt Somyos Udomraksasup, deputy commander of the Chana Songkram police station, told Daily News that police officers from his station found the man on Khaosarn Road at 11pm Monday.

The man appeared drunk and was spotted walking around with his shorts in his right hand and with nothing to imagination.

Somyos said the man walked around and caused disturbance to Songkran revelers at the spot with unacceptable behavior.

Police found out that he is a Briton and is 25 years old. Somyos declined to give the name of the man.

The Briton was told to put on his shorts and the officers fined him Bt100 for acting indecently in public place and released him.

Following the incident, the Chana Songkram station stepped up measures to keep order on the Khaosarn Road, Somyos added.

After the news of the Bt100 was reported, several Thai Facebook users posted comments on Daily News page, criticizing police for their "too lenient" action.

For example, Pijuk Singtogeaw, a Facebook user, said Thais were fined Bt500 each for exposing their breast but the Briton was fined only Bt100.

Another Facebook user, Burana Kobutr, said the fine was worth the publicity the Briton had received.

Nong Fai said in a post that the man should have been banned from entering Thailand for six months.

You beat me to it ggold, I was going to say is the fine based on baht/millimeter ? I hope I would have been hit a bit harder than that ! cheesy.gif

I was thinking 10 baht per millimeter allowing for the cold water giggle.gif

Not sure about the hard hitting, I think a fly swat would have done the trick thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

A three dollar fine for public for public drunk and indecency? Are you kidding me?

Nobody's kidding you... this is Bangkok, not Singapore.

If it was, he would have gotten a few strokes of the cane.

Edited by JingerBen

A three dollar fine for public for public drunk and indecency? Are you kidding me?

Nobody's kidding you... this is Bangkok, not Singapore.

If it was, he would have gotten a few strokes of the cane.

I've lived here for ten years... but It's ceased to be amazed me. I say: cane his willie.

Edited by Local Drunk

"After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no cloth on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night.

Pol Lt Somyos Udomraksasup, deputy commander of the Chana Songkram police station, told Daily News that police officers from his station found the man on Khaosarn Road at 11pm Monday.
The man appeared drunk and was spotted walking around with his shorts in his right hand and with nothing to imagination."
So, he was doing it again?
After the clip had been posted?

Show off maybe?

• Like 1

"After the YouTube clip showing the young farang man walking with no cloth on went viral, police from the Chana Songkram police station went to inspect the scene late Monday night.

The man appeared drunk and was spotted walking around with his shorts in his right hand and with nothing to imagination."

So, he was doing it again?

After the clip had been posted?

Show off maybe?

or repeat offender maybe...

• Like 1

I like the way the Daily News is now using random social media commentary in their report.

Soon we'll be seeing things like

FarangKeeNok1964 on ThaiVisa said "It's just a bit of balls, what's wrong with balls - political correctness gone maaaad!"

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Nong Fai said in a post that the man should had been banned from entering Thailand for six months.

To give her time to hit the gym and asked authorities to let the man know that her Line ID was HornyFai69 and she lived in Bang Na but had her own car so picking him up wouldn't be a problem,

• Like 1

Same rate as a Thai. No to tier pricing here.

Not long ago some Thai guy was fined 100 Baht for the same kind of offence.