Online 90 day reporting and change of address

Hi there

My husband is on a WP and my son and I are on non-immigrant O visas. This will be our first reporting since moving to BKK and we've also moved from temp to perm accom since we got our visas, so need to change our address. Can we do all of this on the online reporting, or will we need to go in person? Or should we have already changed our address?!

Thanks very much!

Are all of you on extensions of stay you obtained at immigration?

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days with a visa you would not stay longer than 90 days.

If you are on extension of stay you will need to do a change of address in person and do your 90 day reports,

Your husband also has an extension of stay based upon working along with his work permit.

The address change must be done in person. Only one of you should need to go to immigration to do the address change and 90 day reports.

Your reports are not due until May if you applied for your extensions in February.

The Thai Immigration Act BE 2522 Section 37 & 38, requires Aliens to notify any change of address to Immigration within 24 hours, or where an Immigration office is not within their province, in person to the local Police Station of their province within 48 hours and then by mail or in person to your local Immigration Office using Form TM 28.

There is also a requirement for the home owner to notify Immigration of an alien taking residence in their home. They are required to follow the same procedure as above, but using Form TM 30.

Thai Immigration Act BE 2522.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

The Thai Immigration Act BE 2522 Section 37 & 38, requires Aliens to notify any change of address to Immigration within 24 hours, or where an Immigration office is not within their province, in person to the local Police Station of their province within 48 hours and then by mail or in person to your local Immigration Office using Form TM 28.

There is also a requirement for the home owner to notify Immigration of an alien taking residence in their home. They are required to follow the same procedure as above, but using Form TM 30.

I have never heard of a Thai official asking a Thai person for a TM-30. Have you?

I have never heard of a Thai official asking a Thai person for a TM-30. Have you?

Just some wives and girl friends. And of course hotels and etc.

The tenant or home owner can submit the TM30. So the OP could do both when she does the COA and report.
  • Like 1

Hotels and Guest House owners do it online.

The principal resident should do it for private dwellings. Landladies, landlords, wives, girlfriends, etc.

Some Immigration offices will insist on a TM30 to change address, others will just accept the TM28.

Instead of continually criticising others for trying to help, why don't you read the information for yourself in the links provided.

The principal resident should do it for private dwellings. Landladies, landlords, wives, girlfriends, etc.

Some Immigration offices will insist on a TM30 to change address, others will just accept the TM28.

Instead of continually criticising others for trying to help, why don't you read the information for yourself in the links provided.

I have never heard of a Thai official asking a Thai person (private person) for a TM-30 form. I think you are trying to stir up fear and put a new enforced regulation in place where there is none. Why don't you stop making up enforcement procedures where there are none? Just my opinion.

If you know of any Thai official that has asked a private person for a TM-30 feel free to mention it.

Should every Thai home owner who has an alien guest notify the Thai government? Obviously not. Unless you know of any Thai government official who has asked a private home owner for that information I believe I am correct and you are wrong.

But hey, feel free to correct me by your experience and let us know of the government asking a private person for this form.

If you know of any Thai official that has asked a private person for a TM-30 feel free to mention it.

Should every Thai home owner who has an alien guest notify the Thai government? Obviously not. Unless you know of any Thai government official who has asked a private home owner for that information I believe I am correct and you are wrong.

But hey, feel free to correct me by your experience and let us know of the government asking a private person for this form.

Immigration ("the government") are now insisting that the TM30 is completed and submitted with 1 year extensions. So yes they are asking private persons for this form.

Yes. It is law that either the tenant or homeowner submit the TM30 when the tenant moves in. Of course most don't do it, and no the Thai government aren't knocking on doors to check. The penalty is only 2,000 THB for not complying so no one needs to be concerned if they haven't done it.

It's only becoming an issue because of the exposure TM30 is getting due to the extension requirement.

I have never heard of a Thai official asking a Thai person (private person) for a TM-30 form. I think you are trying to stir up fear and put a new enforced regulation in place where there is none. Why don't you stop making up enforcement procedures where there are none? Just my opinion.

Dear Mr lostoday,

With the greatest of respect a member is asking for advise on changing address.

I am quoting what the law (Thai Immigration Act) states is the correct procedure.

You appear to state 'not needed, never heard of it'.

Now if that OP followed your advise and then a TM30 was requested, what would be your answer to them.

On the other hand if they go prepared and a TM30 isn't requested, has it caused any harm.

It can make the difference between being successful as with an application for anything in Thailand and save time and money, as opposed to a refusal and then running around like a headless chicken to get the required document.

Law on Immigration

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place. 3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival. 4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time of arrival. 5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office. The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as prescribed by the Director General. In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General .

Section

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified. In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has

stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division. Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Section

In reply to your other question......Yes............every hotel or guest house owner submits the relevant TM30 forms by law.

When I moved to a private dwelling and reported my change of address to Immigration, they not only contacted my landlady, but handed me a TM30 for her to complete. Subsequently, other farangs who have moved into the area have all been asked to supply TM30's.

This is at Amnat Charoen which covers Roi Et, Yosothon and Amnat Charoen.

• Like 1

Immigration ("the government") are now insisting that the TM30 is completed and submitted with 1 year extensions. So yes they are asking private persons for this form.

Yes. It is law that either the tenant or homeowner submit the TM30 when the tenant moves in. Of course most don't do it, and no the Thai government aren't knocking on doors to check. The penalty is only 2,000 THB for not complying so no one needs to be concerned if they haven't done it.

It's only becoming an issue because of the exposure TM30 is getting due to the extension requirement.

The question I asked was, " If you know of any Thai official that has asked a Thai private person for a TM-30 feel free to mention it." I wrote Thai person not alien. But since you brought it up I believe it is rare that a TM30 is requested at a change of address or 90 day report. I believe in almost all cases that proof of residence is not requested or if it is a utility bill or rental agreement or hotel contract will suffice.

However this is only my experiene. If you know otherwise please let us know. I do realize Phuket and KK are laws onto themselves.

Dear Mr lostoday,

I am quoting what the law (Thai Immigration Act) states is the correct procedure.

Now if that OP followed your advise and then a TM30 was requested, what would be your answer to them.

On the other hand if they go prepared and a TM30 isn't requested, has it caused any harm.

It can make the difference between being successful as with an application for anything in Thailand and save time and money, as opposed to a refusal and then running around like a headless chicken to get the required document.

Law on Immigration

Section 37 : An alien having received a temporary entry permit into the Kingdom must comply with the following :

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place. 3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within twenty – four hours from the time of arrival. 4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time of arrival. 5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office. The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as prescribed by the Director General. In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General .

Section

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified. In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has

stayed under provision of Para.1 is located within the Bangkok area , such notification must be reported to the competent official at the Immigration Division. Making notification , in reference to the Para 1 and 2 of this Section , must comply with regulations prescribed by the Director General.

Section

In reply to your other question......Yes............every hotel or guest house owner submits the relevant TM30 forms by law.

When I moved to a private dwelling and reported my change of address to Immigration, they not only contacted my landlady, but handed me a TM30 for her to complete. Subsequently, other farangs who have moved into the area have all been asked to supply TM30's.

I wrote, "I have never heard of a Thai official asking a Thai person (private person) for a TM-30 form."

You said, "they not only contacted my landlady, but handed me a TM30 for her to complete. Subsequently, other farangs who have moved into the area have all been asked to supply TM30's."

I don't believe you. I don't think immigration would create that much new work for themselves. I've never seen a TM 30 form at any immigration office nor heard of immigration asking any Thai person to fill one out.

But you may be telling the truth and I'm wrong. I just don't believe you. No big deal. I'll never go to Amnat Charoen.

If a TM30 is a new requirement to change address or fill out a 90 day address report someone should pin a thread about it.

[...]

Just as Joe mentions, I live with a Thai friend in their house.

When I did my first 90-day report in-person the Immigration Officer asked my friend to fill in a house report.

All subsequent 90-day reports have been done by mail and include copies of the house book.

Don't know if this qualifies in your book as "a Thai official asking a Thai person for a TM-30."

[...]

Just as Joe mentions, I live with a Thai friend in their house.

When I did my first 90-day report in-person the Immigration Officer asked my friend to fill in a house report.

All subsequent 90-day reports have been done by mail and include copies of the house book.

Don't know if this qualifies in your book as "a Thai official asking a Thai person for a TM-30."

If you don't mind. Where do you do your immigration reports and what is a house report? I have never done any business at immigration with a Thai person. I find people who do have more problems. But having said that if you were alone what do you think would have happened?

The question I asked was, " If you know of any Thai official that has asked a Thai private person for a TM-30 feel free to mention it." I wrote Thai person not alien. But since you brought it up I believe it is rare that a TM30 is requested at a change of address or 90 day report. I believe in almost all cases that proof of residence is not requested or if it is a utility bill or rental agreement or hotel contract will suffice.

However this is only my experiene. If you know otherwise please let us know. I do realize Phuket and KK are laws onto themselves.

I answered your question, and even though you've changed the question by adding 'Thai' the answer is the same. Thai officials are asking extension applicants to get the Thai owner it complete the TM30. Your question was not specific to COA.

The COA (TM28) notification doesn't require a TM30 to be completed. Whether or not immigration ask for the TM30 is irrelevant. The fact remains that it should be submitted within the same time frame as the TM28.

I don't know what "KK" refers to, but you are right that different offices sometimes follow different procedures, so it's not out of the question that an office could ask for the TM30. So it's better to be prepared.

As I pointed out the completion of the TM30 when applying for extensions now seems to be required by all offices. As the TM30 is becoming standard for that I expect it will follow that more and more offices will insist on it with COA.

I think Faz was informing the OP incase an official immigration officer asked for it when she submitted the TM28. Seems like pretty good advice to me.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

I answered your question, and even though you've changed the question by adding 'Thai' the answer is the same. Thai officials are asking extension applicants to get the Thai owner it complete the TM30. Your question was not specific to COA.

The COA (TM28) notification doesn't require a TM30 to be completed. Whether or not immigration ask for the TM30 is irrelevant. The fact remains that it should be submitted within the same time frame as the TM28.

I don't know what "KK" refers to, but you are right that different offices sometimes follow different procedures, so it's not out of the question that an office could ask for the TM30. So it's better to be prepared.

As I pointed out the completion of the TM30 when applying for extensions now seems to be required by all offices. As the TM30 is becoming standard for that I expect it will follow that more and more offices will insist on it with COA.

I think Faz was informing the OP incase an official immigration officer asked for it when she submitted the TM28. Seems like pretty good advice to me.

Sorry thought the Thai would be obvious. I know of no offices where a TM-30 is required. Where where you asked for one? See the difference? I said no offices and you said all offices.

I'll try again. Where were you asked to fill out a TM-30 and do you know of a Thai person who was asked by a Thai official to fill out a TM-30?

To my knowledge one or two people have mentioned a TM-30 on this forum how do you get from one or two to all?

A marriage visa is obviously a whole different ballgame as they sometimes require a house visit and get more into where you live. I don't believe this thread was discussing a marriage visa at all. If it was - I was not.

Edited by lostoday

As with all forms a TM30 can be downloaded from the Immigration Website.

The TM30 is the house owner responsibility to complete, not the aliens, but when doing extensions or changing addresses Immigration can and do ask the alien if they have this form when they submit their TM7 or a TM28 (notification of change of address).

It is law and part of the address reporting procedure.

As a foreigner living in Thailand, I would prefer to make myself aware of the rules and follow them to evade any problems.

If Immigration or an Immigration official doesn't want to follow the laws and rules, that's up to them.

There was a topic recently where a member couldn't get an extension because his landlord refused to complete the TM30 (also referred to as a house form).

Members advised him to move and find a better landlord.

Most individual Thais (private landlords, wives, girlfriends) are totally unaware of the requirement to notify Immigration of an alien living at their residence. Others are aware but don't want to complete one due to the tax implications. (Income from rent)

I don't believe you. I don't think immigration would create that much new work for themselves. I've never seen a TM 30 form at any immigration office nor heard of immigration asking any Thai person to fill one out.

In that case, why do Immigration have a TM30 form printable from their website.

http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Edited by Faz
  • Like 1

My reporting office is in Chiang Sean (for Chiang Khong district).

I got asked just as they were converting all of the offices over to computerized reporting.

Could have been they were trying to follow the official process (just once).

I was aware of the legal requirement for reporting foreigners via TM-30.

Notification Form for House Master, Owner, or the Possessor of The Residence Where Aliens Have Stay

I was not the possessor of the residence (not renting, not single occupancy), so they asked my friend to fill out the report as House Master.

Also,

Hopefully the OP got what they created this topic for.

Sorry thought the Thai would be obvious. I know of no offices where a TM-30 is required. Where where you asked for one? See the difference? I said no offices and you said all offices.

I'll try again. Where were you asked to fill out a TM-30 and do you know of a Thai person who was asked by a Thai official to fill out a TM-30?

To my knowledge one or two people have mentioned a TM-30 on this forum how do you get from one or two to all?

I said, "seems to be required by all offices". Seems; 'appears to be'. See the difference? And I was specifically talking about extension applications.

You said, "I know of no offices". Well now you know about at least one because I can confirm that my local office asked for a TM30.

"Where you asked to fill out a TM-30 and do you know of a Thai person who was asked by a Thai official to fill out a TM-30?"

No.

Yes. I was asked by the immigration officer at my local office to get the owner of my house to fill out a TM30.

I'm really at a loss as to why you feel the need to be so pedantic. You're going way off the point of discussion which is that when someone moves into a new home a TM30 is supposed to be filed with the local immigration office. Whether or not the tenant/owner follow procedure is up to them. However, it has been reported that some members have been asked for the TM30 when filing the TM28, and because of that Faz was trying to help this lady out by fully preparing her with all the forms that may be asked for when she files her COA.

You on the other had seem obsessed with trying to discredit that advice on the basis that you have no direct experience or knowledge of such a request. Before you climb back on your high horse, try reading all that has gone before and see if you can find any advice given that is detrimental to the OP concerning her COA. If you can then please point it out.

• Like 2

[quote name=lostoday" post="9312619"

timestamp="1429251742]

Stop the tit for tat bickering, its like being back at school with u two.

Dear Mr lostoday,

Law on Immigration

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place. 3. Shall notify the police official of the local police station where such alien resides, within twenty four hours from the time of arrival. In the case of change in residence in which new residence is not located the same area with the former police stations , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within twenty four hours from the time of arrival. 4. If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty four hours , such alien must notify the police official of the police station for that area within forty eight hours from the time of arrival. 5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office. The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as prescribed by the Director General. In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the Director General .

Section

Section 38 : The house master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified. In case the house , dwelling place , or hotel where the alien has

Section

I wrote, "I have never heard of a Thai official asking a Thai person (private person) for a TM-30 form."

You said, "they not only contacted my landlady, but handed me a TM30 for her to complete. Subsequently, other farangs who have moved into the area have all been asked to supply TM30's."

But you may be telling the truth and I'm wrong. I just don't believe you. No big deal. I'll never go to Amnat Charoen.

If a TM30 is a new requirement to change address or fill out a 90 day address report someone should pin a thread about it.

I said, "seems to be required by all offices". Seems; 'appears to be'. See the difference? And I was specifically talking about extension applications.

You said, "I know of no offices". Well now you know about at least one because I can confirm that my local office asked for a TM30.

"Where you asked to fill out a TM-30 and do you know of a Thai person who was asked by a Thai official to fill out a TM-30?"

No.

Yes. I was asked by the immigration officer at my local office to get the owner of my house to fill out a TM30.

I'm really at a loss as to why you feel the need to be so pedantic. You're going way off the point of discussion which is that when someone moves into a new home a TM30 is supposed to be filed with the local immigration office. Whether or not the tenant/owner follow procedure is up to them. However, it has been reported that some members have been asked for the TM30 when filing the TM28, and because of that Faz was trying to help this lady out by fully preparing her with all the forms that may be asked for when she files her COA.

You on the other had seem obsessed with trying to discredit that advice on the basis that you have no direct experience or knowledge of such a request. Before you climb back on your high horse, try reading all that has gone before and see if you can find any advice given that is detrimental to the OP concerning her COA. If you can then please point it out.

Elviajero, thanks for your support.

I thought this lostoday was just trying to flame me all day and cause an argument, but evidently he has a serious problem with anyone who has a different opinion or experience than he has. He even argues with the law that's under his nose. Don't take the bait.

• Like 1

I honestly don't know what you guys are trying to pull. The thread is not abut a marriage extension. There is no requirement to fill out a TM 30 at a 90 day address reporting for any address reporting that I know of. I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce a TM- 30 at any immigration office that I go to to report my address for an extension based or retirement.

I'll start a thread about it. Feel free to participate.

I honestly don't know what you guys are trying to pull. The thread is not abut a marriage extension. There is no requirement to fill out a TM 30 at a 90 day address reporting for any address reporting that I know of. I have never heard of anyone being asked to produce a TM- 30 at any immigration office that I go to to report my address for an extension based or retirement.

Seriously are you on some form of medication.

The OP posted they have recently moved to BKK and need to do a 90 day report AND report a change in their address.

The OP will have to complete a TM28 form, change of address, and documents to support that, such as a copy of their landlords ID and Tabian Ban and even a Rental Agreement. Immigration at this point may ask the Op if they have the TM30 form that the landlord should have completed to inform Immigration of an alien living at their residence. Not having this form could delay Immigration making the change.

The TM30 should only be requested once for any address you live at.

It may be requested during a visit to change address, or a visit to do an extension if they do not already have one on file.

It has absolutely nothing to do with making 90 day reports.

• Like 1

Seriously are you on some form of medication.

The OP posted they have recently moved to BKK and need to do a 90 day report AND report a change in their address.

The OP will have to complete a TM28 form, change of address, and documents to support that, such as a copy of their landlords ID and Tabian Ban and even a Rental Agreement. Immigration at this point may ask the Op if they have the TM30 form that the landlord should have completed to inform Immigration of an alien living at their residence. Not having this form could delay Immigration making the change.

The TM30 should only be requested once for any address you live at.

It may be requested during a visit to change address, or a visit to do an extension if they do not already have one on file.

It has absolutely nothing to do with making 90 day reports.

Do you honestly think anyone submits a TM-28 form when staying away from home for 24 hours?

So I go to the family home for 3 days at Song Kran and I have to go to immigration and give them a TM-28 form and have mother in law fill out a TM-30 form to submit to them just in case?

Of course they are closed for the holidays so there is no way I could go to immigration but I do find one cop soaked from the people shooting water and do you think he is going to take my TM-28 and TM-30 for my 3 day visit to the in laws home?

I have never met anyone on a retirement extension who has ever filled out a TM-28 form. You do the change of address when you get the next extension. Or are you guys ln a different reality?

Do you honestly think anyone submits a TM-28 form when staying away from home for 24 hours?

So I go to the family home for 3 days at Song Kran and I have to go to immigration and give them a TM-28 form and have mother in law fill out a TM-30 form to submit to them just in case?

Of course they are closed for the holidays so there is no way I could go to immigration but I do find one cop soaked from the people shooting water and do you think he is going to take my TM-28 and TM-30 for my 3 day visit to the in laws home?

I have never met anyone on a retirement extension who has ever filled out a TM-28 form. You do the change of address when you get the next extension. Or are you guys ln a different reality?

TM28 is only needed for a permanent change of address.

No, when you go visit the family and stay more than 24 hours you should inform the local police within 48 hours not immigration. No TM28 or TM30 required.

Then I assume no one you know has ever reported a COA. And?

Yes, that is an option. Just lie on your 90 report about your address and wait until the next extension. No argument there!

TM28 is only needed for a permanent change of address.

No, when you go visit the family and stay more than 24 hours you should inform the local police within 48 hours not immigration. No TM28 or TM30 required.

Then I assume no one you know has ever reported a COA. And?

Yes, that is an option. Just lie on your 90 report about your address and wait until the next extension. No argument there!

TM-28 form says, "

FORM FOR ALIENS TO NOTIFY THEIR CHANGE OF ADDRESS

OR THEIR STAY IN THE PROVINCE FOR OVER 24 HOURS.

Does that not mean you need to report a stay in the province for over 24 hours?