Goodwill Group Foundation

BKKGuitar

An interesting bit of irony there... They will only help non-Thais as students/clients if they have a work permit, but yet they don't provide a work permit for their own staff that work there... :o

FAQ

Question: Do you allow non-Thai disadvantaged women to enroll [as students/clients]?

Answer: Our policy is to accept any female who meets our means test and has a work permit, regardless of nationality or religious affiliation.

I'm suspicious of this outfit as well. On their website, about two years ago, they acknowledged they hadn't done a very good job of placing students in employment, and stated their goal for the coming year, was to place 10% of their best students.

Their goal is to place 10% of their students?! Meaning, today, they place fewer than 10%?!?

I notice that all discussion of placement has now been excised. If you read the student comments, you'll see that few of the students quoted, have actually found employment.

Something very odd about this group, indeed.

:o

It appears they'd like you to work ( as a volunteer) while on a tourist visa ?

If one did have a work permit, it would be to permit work for some other organisation, would it not ?

I believe voluntary work requires a work permit, and this would be tied to the volunteer organisation.

Plus, as others have said, it just sounds fishy.

Edited by katnip