Hex Drive Twist Drills in CM?

Dazinoz

Just a note. Your picture is of brad point wood bits for cutting accurate holes for dowels. They cut a beautiful hole but they won't cut metal.

I've never seen hex drill bits for metal but maybe they make them. My Bosch hammer drill takes a keyed bit like the ones below but it's proprietary for the Bosch. There are slightly different ones for other brands. Just be sure you get what you really want.

51Q57GD1GSL_zpsbvbs3lh9.jpg

Yes you are right. I am after wood and metal drills. I have a drill that takes SDS drill like in your pic but I sometimes use battery driver that only takes 1/4" hex drive bits. I just want a few drills to do pilot holes for screws etc for small jobs around the house.

Another pic added here.

post-146165-0-89477200-1429250166_thumb.

Edited by Dazinoz

My best guess is to check out Nana Screw....the branch thats on the way to JJ market. They have lots of stuff in there but as I havent been particularly looking for these I cant say if they have them or not.

Might pop in there this arvo and have a look see...

Just a note. Your picture is of brad point wood bits for cutting accurate holes for dowels. They cut a beautiful hole but they won't cut metal.

I've never seen hex drill bits for metal but maybe they make them. My Bosch hammer drill takes a keyed bit like the ones below but it's proprietary for the Bosch. There are slightly different ones for other brands. Just be sure you get what you really want.

51Q57GD1GSL_zpsbvbs3lh9.jpg

Just a note: Your picture is masonry drills which also are not suitable for metal. Bosch also make similar drills for metal drilling.

Hard to park around Nana Screw on the inside of the moat just west (maybe just East --- someone help here, please) of the Chang Puac Gate, as I recall. Although very good, they don't actually have everything. Try a HomePro first. But good luck finding bits that last a long time. Cheap bits are favored around here, but the price is cheap so mai phen rai.

Edited by Mapguy

Yes you are right. I am after wood and metal drills. I have a drill that takes SDS drill like in your pic but I sometimes use battery driver that only takes 1/4" hex drive bits. I just want a few drills to do pilot holes for screws etc for small jobs around the house.

Another pic added here.

Ouch. Old age is getting to me, LOL. I have some of those and also a magnetic holder for quick change. tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6xztydMD

Hard to park around Nana Screw on the inside of the moat just west (maybe just East --- someone help here, please) of the Chang Puac Gate, as I recall. Although very good, they don't actually have everything. Try a HomePro first. But good luck finding bits that last a long time. Cheap bits are favored around here, but the price is cheap so mai phen rai.

Yes that Nana Screw can be a bit hit and miss regarding parking, thats why I generally use the other Nana Screw. Plus I think the other one has better selection and more items.

Went there (The JJ market road branch) yesterday, and although I didnt see the hex shaft type bits I did manage to pick up what I thought was a bargain.

Bosch 10.8 volt Li Ion cordless drill c/w 2 batteries. Just 3850 baht whereas other places seem to be around the 5000 baht range. The only possible false sense of the bargain (If there is such a thing) is that perhaps this isnt the top model. Ive seen this brand in a lot of places and all with different prices. They look the same but I think some of the motors are different, ie speed torque etc. However in saying that Im happy enough.... German design but made in Malaysia.

Yes that Nana Screw can be a bit hit and miss regarding parking, thats why I generally use the other Nana Screw. Plus I think the other one has better selection and more items.

Went there (The JJ market road branch) yesterday, and although I didnt see the hex shaft type bits I did manage to pick up what I thought was a bargain.

Bosch 10.8 volt Li Ion cordless drill c/w 2 batteries. Just 3850 baht whereas other places seem to be around the 5000 baht range. The only possible false sense of the bargain (If there is such a thing) is that perhaps this isnt the top model. Ive seen this brand in a lot of places and all with different prices. They look the same but I think some of the motors are different, ie speed torque etc. However in saying that Im happy enough.... German design but made in Malaysia.

That branch of Nana Screw is where I bought my hex-base drill bits. They weren't on display. I had to ask for them.