water proofing concrete (epoxy) paint

Dirk_brijs

Looking for a 100% water proofing (epoxy) paint to make a concrete structure water proof.

We will be using already a water proofed mixture but still need to put a layer (maybe a few) of water proofing paint.

It would be used for a concrete aquarium feature actually.

Looking for a pain t like "DRYLOK" but where is a paint like that available in Thailand?

Thanks

Every Drylock product I know of is latex based. The best system I know of is to spray and then roll on hot tar and immediately apply and adhere a rubber membrane. The next best is cold soft tar and a membrane. Next best is just the asphalt product and next best is latex.

Maybe there is an engineer here who knows better.

Using a roller creates a pressure point that forces it into the pores. Even when sprayed on it is back rolled and spraying is just an application convenience.

I've seen epoxy used as a wear surface such as on concrete flooring but I don't think it will waterproof if there's any later cracking.

make the same way as a swimming pool

you can spray on new clean concrete a product like crystal lock /or radcon

locks the cement molecules together [or something along those lines]

then , tank the structure [render/plaster the structure with water proof plaster

then water proof the wall/floor with your choice of waterproofing product

fill with water and test before final finish

if done correctly no leaks

good luck

I am a technical director of an industrial flooring company Sika is the product they have outlets here

Sika should have something like the HVPO from Ispo Concretin, a two component resin with a specific weight of 2.2., which can be applied to concrete. It will dig into the capillaries of the concrete preferably when the concrete is slightly wet. The perfect solution.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Every Drylock product I know of is latex based. The best system I know of is to spray and then roll on hot tar and immediately apply and adhere a rubber membrane. The next best is cold soft tar and a membrane. Next best is just the asphalt product and next best is latex.

Maybe there is an engineer here who knows better.

Using a roller creates a pressure point that forces it into the pores. Even when sprayed on it is back rolled and spraying is just an application convenience.

I've seen epoxy used as a wear surface such as on concrete flooring but I don't think it will waterproof if there's any later cracking.

What you suggest is about as good as it gets in reality

• 1 year later...

Make sure the concrete was cured for at least a month (Longer is better) if it's a new structure. If it is an existing structure sandblast it to clean or use an acid to etch the surface. Then use an epoxy primer (water bond types can be thinned with water, otherwise there are dedicated thinners for epoxy). If the surface will be in the shade you can use an epoxy topcoat. If it's in the sun use a polyurethane topcoat, as that will withstand the UV much better. Use different dedicated thinner for polyurethane. Follow the coating instructions carefully for the best result.