Survey: Will Thailand Regain its Lead as a Regional Economic Leader?

Scott

Will Thailand regain its economic standing in the region?  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Regain it's lead? That would mean at some stage Thailand was indeed the region's economic leader. When?

Yes indeed between year 2001-2006. Our reserve double, stock exchange outperformed regional, budget balance and fiscal surplus achieved, income inequality was the narrowest and debt to GDP declined from 51% to 40%. Thaksin was the PM then.

"Thaksin was the PM then."

Lol. clap2.gif I just KNEW there had to be a punch line.

Don't let facts get in the way of your laughter.

• Like 1

If they continue to clean-up the corruption and subdue the local mafias and improve education and revise investment laws ... yes Thailand will attract foreign investment and will be the regional leader. IF ...

• Like 1

On the contrary I am a 4th generation foreigner living in South East Asia and have worked as VP Asian Marketing with a multinational company.

Despite my "colonial" background and "western" upbringing I have enough knowledge and more impotently understanding of Asian affairs and the Asian psyche to admit that the days of Western hegemony and US post war imperialism are over.

Thanks for the info on the Spartly Islands. Can you explain to me why if the Islands have been inhabited by Chinese settlers since 250 BC they should belong to the Philippines bearing in mind that the first Philippino that set foot on the islands did so in 1956 and that this US vassal state only started making claims in 1968 after oil and gas was discovered there?

i'm guessing your Thai with limited knowledge of international affairs.

Edited by asiamaster