Rooster in residential area

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone is entitled to quiet enjoyment of their property. That said people, including farangs, will tolerate this situation as there is nothing that can be done about it through legal means. You could appeal to common sense and common courtesy for neighbors but my experience is that neither exist here. You could deal with it the hard way and try to lobby to add restrictive bylaws into your moo bahn contract. These work well in the moo bahn that I reside. Or you could do it the easy way and consider having a fox (or similar) for a pet. Nobody is going to blame a fox for being a fox.

Are foxes even native to Thailand? If you are going for the kill on the sly, let loose a monitor lizard but you'll want to keep any cats inside and don't get bit yourself, it kills with bacteria.

It is illegal to make nuisance noise in the early hours and with a whole lot of perseverance I recently got police to get a new neighbor to move roosters far enough from my home I could not hear them any more. It's a real turd of a neighbor to subject anyone to that racket. Don't put up with it if you reside here legally.

Everyone is entitled to quiet enjoyment of their property. That said people, including farangs, will tolerate this situation as there is nothing that can be done about it through legal means. You could appeal to common sense and common courtesy for neighbors but my experience is that neither exist here. You could deal with it the hard way and try to lobby to add restrictive bylaws into your moo bahn contract. These work well in the moo bahn that I reside. Or you could do it the easy way and consider having a fox (or similar) for a pet. Nobody is going to blame a fox for being a fox.

Are foxes even native to Thailand? If you are going for the kill on the sly, let loose a monitor lizard but you'll want to keep any cats inside and don't get bit yourself, it kills with bacteria.

It is illegal to make nuisance noise in the early hours and with a whole lot of perseverance I recently got police to get a new neighbor to move roosters far enough from my home I could not hear them any more. It's a real turd of a neighbor to subject anyone to that racket. Don't put up with it if you reside here legally.

I don't think the type of monitor lizards Thailand has will go after chickens or foul such as geese and ducks that swim in canals. I say that because in my moobaan which has a lot of canals with plenty of monitor lizards (some of them longer than a person) and quite a few people having geese, ducks and even a few swans which swim these canals all the time, I never heard of any of those geese, ducks or swans getting killed by a monitor lizard. Usually those gesse/ducks get taken out by maybe a very hungry dog or the ducks/geese are on land crossing the road when a vehicle gets them. But unfortunately, monitor lizards will go after puppies of a soi dog which are many times are born in hidden/covered areas near the canals...I have seen that.

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2015 at 6:12 AM, godden said:

Had the same problem 2yrs ago with the neighbour opposite, wife wrote a letter unsigned of course and dropped it in their mail box 3 days later they were gone. Needless to say we don't speak any more.

So did they guess it was the Falang as the Thais would just bury their head in the sand

Lucky thats the on recoarse you had to deal with, a bit different when they can hurl things over the fence during the night into a pool or something 

So who ya gona call

On 4/19/2015 at 11:49 PM, chilli42 said:

Agree with the above except the Moo Baan contract as it means nothing to them otherwise they would not of had the farm animals in the first place 

Also they musnt know anything about the building code either' as they all have to put extensions on that go right up to the fence with window (it good as i'm a smoker & dont care if it drifts into the window ) they are good neighbours

The only thing i've come across was nothing outside the fence & must have guttering

On 4/20/2015 at 2:15 PM, maidee said:

good tips maybe with some white noise

but i am the one person that never sleeps on intercontinental flights

i am used to quietness, tought a 15M baht house neighborhood would buy me that

it was quiet before

it takes one ass hole to spoil it for everyone

i am not used and will never be used of my ear getting raped every 20-30 seconds

it just pierces my ear to the bone

i did not have this sensitivity, till my daughers were born (10 years ago), and than you have to sleep with one ear open :)

other neighbors already complained also, at the "sales" office

but as other people said : anyone can do anything in this country, no zoning, no protection

for those pesky people with their not so funny remarks, i wish you an illegal karaoke bar opening near you and forced to listen till 4-5 in the morning to the bom bom bom

post it, than i can also go reply with : MOVE, get earplugs, or whatever

Agree at the moment i would say that the only one people are complaining to is the developer 

Just wait till he sells all the houses then its open slather

Archived