Rooster in residential area

question for fellow members or even ask the lawyer

live in a moo baan, separated into different area's...

one <deleted> neighbor a few houses away deceided suddenly that it would be a great idea to get some roosters

this is not a farm, but a residential housing estate with houses from 5 to 30 million baht

the roosters start making noise sometimes at 4-5 AM before the sun is even up

is this legal to keep farm animals ? is there any ground to get the removed as they wake up everybody and inhuman hours ?

you know thai people, they prefer to endure or ignore the problem

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure you won't be able to get rid of the roosters, they are part of the lifestyle here. Even in a 30 million Baht house.... Ever been to Russia? They care for chicken in apartments on the balcony.... Get used to the roosters songs and safe your nerves, it could be worse (pla raa factory next door for example)...

Fatfather

You propose to change the habits of thousands of years, how exactly?

I doubt you will garner support from your Thai neighbours to the extent that they will stick their necks out on the matter, and if you do so yourself you run the risk of becoming a target for what could prove to be an escalating and ugly fight.

Move if you can't tolerate it.

move, lol ... moved in a few months ago in a 15 million baht house

the rooster problem just came 2 weeks ago

we had a problem of water tank station that was build between we and neighbors bought our house and before we moved in .... in the most expensive part of the whole moo baan ...

you could not open a window or let your cloths hang to dry, or go for a peacefull walk, as you would get smoked by old carcinogenic exhausts

most people would also blabla, just move and live with it

we didn't... one day, there was a questionnaire in all the mailboxes of the whole moo baan (about 800 houses) ... guess what ... that was the day I printed out my letter in Thai to all the neighbors, complaining about this crappy situation and ask them also to go complain and note that in the questionnaire ....

guess what..... last time we went to the office, as we needed "permission" to renovate a carport in our old house that was for sale, and asked about those pesky trucks... apparently, some other people also complained ...

we got an appology and a week later, no more stinking pollution water trucks in our precious half hi so mini area ....

May be a battle that can't be won. A 15MM THB home should have reasonable sound proofing with windows, doors, and the like. My modest condo in BKK is 4th floor and facing the pool. When kids are frolicking about..., can't tell them to be quiet..., they're excited and having fun..., I leave balcony where I spend a lot of time. Can't hear a thing when I go inside.

A rarity in LoS? Perhaps, but mine is well constructed with quality materials and workmanship.

Perhaps a neighbor campaign to see if you can gather some consensus with other residents? Good luck. I'm not laughing at your predicament but I confess I did have to subdue a chuckle or two.

I suggest you try with earplugs. If it's not enough, they sell special sleeping headphones (either Bluetooth or wired) that you can use in combination with white noise and/or special sleeping frequencies or music. If you Google it, you will find them. I can guarantee you with these you will not hear anything, even if the rooster comes into your bedroom.

Good luck!

Give it time and you will get used to it. After a while you will not hear them anymore and they will not wake you up anymore.

But that will only happen if you get past your "anger and frustration". Go to sleep relax and all will be well.

Some years ago I had a similar problem in a similar type moo baan.

I sought legal recourse and found there is no law that prevents anyone from having animals of any type on their personal property in the entire country.

Noise has no effect on local people as they grow up with it. You might say it is part of their culture.

My situation was resolved to my satisfaction shortly thereafter as the rooster and one hen died of lead poisoning and the remaining hens were dispatched by several soi dogs who managed to find their way into the hen house. All under the cover of darkness of course.

The neighbor, a very religious man accepted it as karma and now grows banana and mango trees.

I love big dogs and hate centipedes, scorpions and roosters.

Jolly Roger

I gave my Rooster crowing Neighbor 500 baht and thanked him for his "Lucky" Rooster.

I told him I won winning the lottery by writting down the time A.M he startes to "Crow" in the moring

and divide that by the number of times He does it until 5pm.

a few months later the exhusted broke bloak BBQ the rooster. crimechicken_1317907504.jpg

Geez, i have heard rooster kakadoodldoo in every part of this country, even in bangkok i can hear a rooster early in the morning and even a distant mosk(sic) in the background.. Frogs when it rains is like 20 times more noisy, do you want the frogs banned as well? When i lived in a moobaan in pattaya i heard of farangs complain about every little thing that theThais consider part of a peaceful life, one doesn't like the dogs, one thinks the nearby shantytown is too close (that one was embarassing, he actually went over there and told these impoverished people to move their shacks that were on someone elses property! One wanted the weeds cutdown in an empty lot (fine you doit then) If something as trivial as animal noise bothers you, then this isn't the country for you, this is a tropical country and it's full of critters, just goback to sleep when they crow, lotta people in this country have to deal with car noise or a nearby karaoke bar.. But bird noise comon..

And don't listen to this fool who's telling you to go kill this guys animals with poison, unless you want to wake up to the jail guard running his billyclub against the bars.

I have exactly the same problem. First, I close the sliding glass door and all the windows to my bedroom. Next, I have a floor fan and have taken an old washcloth, tie a knot in one corner and slip it through the guard so, when the fan is turned on, it makes a light sound like a playing card in the spokes of a push bike. It takes a few attempts to find the right balance between a light sound and the washcloth getting sucked into the fan.

post-119784-0-28035400-1429441960_thumb.

When I wake up now, I open up the sliding glass door and hear that damned roster that DIDN'T wake me up. Watch your fingers and good luck!

Oh yes, that IS a genuine Gibson SG doubleneck in the background! Couldn't help myself.

Could be worst. I moved into a place once which lasted 6 weeks where across from my Balcony and a few shops down they opened one of those sing-a-long bars of all Thai Music. They were open every night and didn't shut down until the Roosters started to crow.

Ever hear a Drunk Thai Man Sing a Thai Song, after song, when he didn't know the words?

Invest in a few pairs of wax earplugs. They did the trick for me until I could move.

Immediately pack and move to the Philippines. There are roosters everywhere so never need to move again. #1. Perfect Thai solution. #2. Perfect falang solution, bitch and moan and work up to a heart attack. The choice is clear. Start packing, Cebupacificair has a special deal for you. Leave the dog, he would be missed.wai2.gif

Get a fan...an air purifier...some ear plugs...turn the machines on and insert the ear plugs when you go to bed...the steady hum of the fan and air purifier motors will lull you to sleep and drown out the roosters...the ear plugs will filter out any remaining sounds...

Now...what else can we do to make you stay here in Thailand more comfortable...

This is the home of Thais you know...we are just tolerated guests...expected to quietly contribute to the local economy...

move, lol ... moved in a few months ago in a 15 million baht house

the rooster problem just came 2 weeks ago

we had a problem of water tank station that was build between we and neighbors bought our house and before we moved in .... in the most expensive part of the whole moo baan ...

you could not open a window or let your cloths hang to dry, or go for a peacefull walk, as you would get smoked by old carcinogenic exhausts

most people would also blabla, just move and live with it

we didn't... one day, there was a questionnaire in all the mailboxes of the whole moo baan (about 800 houses) ... guess what ... that was the day I printed out my letter in Thai to all the neighbors, complaining about this crappy situation and ask them also to go complain and note that in the questionnaire ....

guess what..... last time we went to the office, as we needed "permission" to renovate a carport in our old house that was for sale, and asked about those pesky trucks... apparently, some other people also complained ...

we got an appology and a week later, no more stinking pollution water trucks in our precious half hi so mini area ....

You are not for real!

Anyway you can have another apology if it makes you feel better. I'm sorry you have got roosters outside your half hiso mini area house.

Get a petition going.

Archived