18-year-old accidentally shoots himself in the leg in Phuket

webfact

18-year-old accidentally shoots himself in the leg in Phuket
Eakkapop Thongtub

1429463923_1.jpg
Anupong accidentally shot himself in the leg.

PHUKET: -- An 18-year-old man was taken to hospital on Saturday (April 18) after he accidently shot himself in the leg while assembling a homemade handgun at his home.

At 6pm, Tha Chatchai police were called to the scene to investigate the shooting where the victim, Anupong Pwongjan, 18, accidently fired a gun in his leg at his home in Moo 4 Baan, Mai Khao.

Police arrived with Kusoldharm rescue workers and found the victim lying on the floor calling for help.

The victim was treated with first aid before being taken to Thalang hospital.

On the floor, police discovered two homemade handguns as well as tools for assembling a gun including, 30 bullet casings and three unused bullets. Police seized all the items and took them to Tha Chatchai station.

Anupong told police at the hospital that he was making a Thai pradit gun from a BB gun, and while he tried to put the parts together he accidentally shot himself.

Anupong is facing the charge of illegal possession of firearm and ammunition. Police said that he would be taken to the police station once he’s out of hospital.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/18-year-old-accidentally-shoots-himself-in-the-leg-in-phuket-51934.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-20

" Anupong is facing a charge of illegal possession of firearm and ammunition. Police said that he would be taken to the police station once he’s out of hospital. "

Good. Regardless of the amount of either drugs or illegal weapons, each incident must be dealt with firmly. Keep the pressure on....

• Like 1

I love such a beautiful story to start my week. Just as I read the education system is changing and teachers are allowing children to teach themselves by doing. This young man is practicing to become a politician by first shooting himself in the leg, before qualifying as a politician to then go on to shoot himself in the foot.

This is called outcomes based education.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

He was lucky. He could have been seriously injured. The bullet must have come very close to his brain

His brain was protected, he was sitting on it.

My apologies, I didnt consider him that intelligent to have a brain so far from the bullet wound. I guess both his brain cells must have been active at the same time

I expect his parents bought the parts for him too. No words can explain this stupidity other than its in the genes. At least this stray bullet hit the owner. I do hope as someone else said he takes a career change. I doubt it though next gun will be a regular hand gun.. ::-((

only following the new teachings - teaching himself to be a gunsmith. where he went wrong was, he should have looked down the barrel of the gun to make sure, and then pulled the trigger.. 1 loaded gun + 1 idiot = disaster. he he