Changing Schools

Mahseer

I have a niece who has been doing good at school in Central Thailand but is looking to move to Chiang Mai to complete her final years of education but I don't have a clue as to getting her placed in a suitable school. What are the basic steps? I realise her present school may be able to refer her across but I just want to make sure she gets into the best school for her level of ability. She is Thai and 17 years old.

All pointers gratefuly received.

Thanks very much.

I have a niece who has been doing good at school in Central Thailand but is looking to move to Chiang Mai to complete her final years of education but I don't have a clue as to getting her placed in a suitable school. What are the basic steps? I realise her present school may be able to refer her across but I just want to make sure she gets into the best school for her level of ability. She is Thai and 17 years old.

All pointers gratefuly received.

Thanks very much.

Maybe you should check out the government program that allows anyone over 15 to study at their convenience, meaning evening or weekend classes just for the degree. In my limited experience, it is great for some situations. It is called Gaw Sa Nor, the Thai nickname. I don't have a local number handy, but a search here will turn up my message a couple of years ago, which has a few local numbers for information