KRUSAPA New heads so what is the next hurdle ?

With a new board what is next for foreign teachers regarding the hurdles to be jumped to remain teaching in Thailand. This could/should be a good thing but who really knows what to expect. They will probably want to sit up & beat their chests for the PM & make yet more changes to application criteria which could be anything. IMO if they turn around & push for teachers with teaching degrees I think they will find schools with no teachers. I came here for the lifestyle not the money. I certainly don't think with regards to the 39,000 government schools in Thailand with I don't know but say 80,000 foreign teachers that they would find the numbers that just wanted the Thai life. I mean 30,000 baht for a qualified teacher isn't that attractive really thus a massive shortfall could be seen.......then OOPs.

My comments are directed primarily at ESL Teachers not Maths or Science Teachers. Although how many of them would work for 30,000 baht when they could command much more elsewhere.

I have now been an ESL Teacher with a degree (Non-Education) for the last 2 years & have just renewed my contract with my school for a 3rd year. I will be requesting my 2nd waiver mid June which would have been fine prior to the reshuffle but who knows now.

Khrusapah are a bunch of idiots, no matter who's in charge. That's indisputable.

What's next? Probably an Indonesia-style language requirement, or more likely a BS compulsory course that makes the Teachers' Council people gain face and foreign teachers hand over more cash.

I'm so glad that I got my teacher's license as soon as possible when I arrived in LOS. I did it the old-fashioned way, taking nonsensical tests and waiting for an eternity. Now it seems that they are just taking the piss, whilst already legendary piss-takers.

• Like 1

Neither the gloved guy at Khurusapha, nor my out of his mind ( still director), or anything else that might change, will really surprise me anymore.

Fact is that they usually don't get what they're looking for by offering 15 K/month. If the shit starts to hit the fan even more, I'll do all I can to take my family to Germany.

Whatever they decide, introducing new rules, laws, etc...

I'd still like to know how that fits when people have a teaching history of ten + years.

Not just that, but once you've got various certificates that you taught Thai English teachers in seminars, how to teach English most effectively, in addition to various seminars for the big shots, in form of school directors, to prepare them for the upcoming ASEAN Community, seminars for all employees of an educational area office, including the boss and the guy who's working for Khurusapha, ( each office has at least one employee, who's directly working for the TCT) and you're all in a sudden not qualified anymore, then it's really time to move on.

More and more admins of schools approach me to do them a favor to find native English speaking teachers with experience, offering not more than 20 K.

Of course always having the same lame excuse that they don't have more money to pay a foreigner. Do they not know how expensive life has become here?

And all of them, I'm on about have some houses, brand new cars, always drink expensive whiskey, a Mia Noi, or two, etc....

Our Thai English teachers have to sit their CEFR examination on the 28th of this month and i already know how good the results will be.

The general on the other hand knows quite a lot about education and should become the head of Khurusapha, once his time has come.

Looking ten years back, Thailand was a nice place to teach English, or any subjects, but almost all has gotten worse.

I had the bad luck that i started six months too late, otherwise I'd be grandfathered. Does that make sense?

Foreigners were really welcome and appreciated and the salary was almost the same, if not even higher at some schools.

P.S. The sad part would be to leave your Thai family and friends behind you, to be able to move on.

Nope, I'd never go to teach in China, just to support a family I might be able to visit once a year. No, no and one more no. wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Not just that, but once you've got various certificates that you taught Thai English teachers in seminars, how to teach English most effectively, in addition to various seminars for the big shots, in form of school directors, to prepare them for the upcoming ASEAN Community, seminars for all employees of an educational area office, including the boss and the guy who's working for Khurusapha, ( each office has at least one employee, who's directly working for the TCT) and you're all in a sudden not qualified anymore, then it's really time to move on.

All most important when you have to apply for a teacher license renewal. :)

New directors or new members on Krusapa are all usually bad news for us, as each time they change something, it usually makes things more difficult for foreign teachers.

But in saying that, you never know, sometimes change can be good (e.g. online 90 day reports, which is nothing to do with krusapa, but shows that not all changes made by the Thai government organisations are bad).

I'm just going to hope that they either don't make any changes, or if they do change something, it's at least not something which screws me over lol

Hoping for positive changes would simply be too much to hope for, and would result in bitter disappointment :(