Dog ticks in my condo

bkk7

for those trolls suggesting to burn/throw away my clothes, thanks for the fantastic idea. why don't i just burn 200k worth of clothing...? will only take 200k and personal time to replace!

does anybody have recommendations for professional exterminators? at this point, that would be the most useful.

I suggested throwing them away as a serious answer. If my place was as infected and overran with ticks as you describe I would most definitely throw them and suitcases away before the move. This is tick season right now they are out in full force all over the country. If you dont think they are laying eggs in them, you need to look again. Perfect place for them to do it. Some things are replaceable, and clothes are one of those things. But whatever, seems like you dont want to listen to anyones suggestions anyways.....

I suggested throwing them away as a serious answer. If my place was as infected and overran with ticks as you describe I would most definitely throw them and suitcases away before the move. This is tick season right now they are out in full force all over the country. If you dont think they are laying eggs in them, you need to look again. Perfect place for them to do it. Some things are replaceable, and clothes are one of those things. But whatever, seems like you dont want to listen to anyones suggestions anyways.....

Great answer. I don't think that you are worth listening to either. We got rid of ticks that were running amok in our house although we do occasionally still get one or two. You are living in the tropics, scorpions, snakes and ticks are a part of the way of life here. Nobody took much notice of my post above even though many people later on repeated more or less what I had written. I didn't find it necessary to respond the way you did here. Cockroach spray, shampoo if you have dogs, Bayticol. The cockroach spray necessitates your absence (and that of your pets) for a few hours, Bayticol is relatively harmless and is hardly absorbed through the skin.

Hanging the clothes up in the sun is also a very valid solution, but never think that the problem has gone away, you have to keep it in mind all the time. It's not a big deal.

So I moving out in 9 days. I already had a problem with my landlord and so I am dealing with this on my own. These dog ticks just showed up in numbers within the past week. I killed 20 of them yesterday alone. Today, probably 10. I don't know where they are coming from. But, most of my stuff is packed up in suitcases, and some of them have come out from the piles of dirty clothes, so they are likely hiding in the suitcases as well. I don't plan to re-wash EVERYTHING before I leave because that's... well... a LOT.

So what should my plan be to deal with this? Should I deal with it now in my current condo or wait until I move into the new place? I am concerned that an exterminator wouldn't be able to kill everything because my stuff is mostly in suitcases so the alternative would be to attack the problem after I unpack in a new (larger) place.

Right now I am in a large 1 bedroom condo - about 80sqm. Modern style but still lots of places for the ticks to hide. New place is a much larger 2 bedroom townhouse or a 110sqm 2 bedroom condo. Both are modern style as well, although the townhouse is closer to greenery.

Either way, does anybody have any recommendations on companies that can treat this? And cost estimates? Because I have NO idea.

Heres the original post. Please read again....

He has said ticks are coming out of his clothes and his suitcases.

He has said he doesnt plan on washing everything as its a lot.

He has asked should he deal with it now before he moves out or wait until he moves into new one. Has said he has too much to unpack so he is asking if its ok if he takes his companions with him to his new digs and deal with it later.

Im not a smart man but no way in heck would I take my own personal tick infestation from a "dirty" apartment to a new, larger "clean" one, that's just a dumb idea all the way around. He has to get his old apartment cleaned before he moves out so he needs to take care of everything first before he moves anyways.

So to answer your original question....ask Dr Google for advice on exterminators in Bangkok. I just googled it and there are a number of them.

Burn you clothes whatever but, dont take your problem with you. That just doesnt make any sense at all :)