Printing The Tm.7 Form And Bank Letter For Renewing Retirement Visa

The TM.7 form, pinned in this forum, prints out as a 3 page form on my printer.

1. Should the completed TM.7 form be printed front and back on a sheet of paper (double sided) prior to being submitted, or is it ok to submit it as a 3 page (single side) document, when applying for extension of stay based on retirement?

2. If your pension income, as certified by your embassy, is more than sufficient to meet the income requirements, do Suan Phlu Immigration officials still request a bank letter certifying the balance in your Thai bank account?

Appreciate any input, and will post my experiences when I renew my retirment visa.

Thanks

1. The form is two page - front and back of one A4 sheet. I use the form provided by Immigration as I know it is accepted. If you can not print out on single sheet it will not be accepted I am quite sure. But it only takes about 5 minutes to fill it out in the office if you have to do that.

2. A letter of bank deposit account balance is always required AFAIK.

Glad to hear that as the US system is to use separate pages as cheap paper/ink tends to bleed through. But they used to be very fussy and would not even accept the TV form I used two years ago (but forms here have been updated).

However the Immigration web site still says it must be front and back on one page and I will continue to do as they say.

Note: In case of any 2-pages form, please print out in one paper(front and back page).

Thanks Lopburi, I'll just fill out the TM7 form at Suan Phlu, and get a certified bank letter from my local branch.

I would have thought Immigration would not be concerned about bank balances if the income requirement is met through pension requirements.

Immigration is not really concerned about the balance in your account, if the income is high enough to meet the requirements. However, they seem to want to know that you do have a bank account here.

Two years ago, when renewing my visa, I gave them letters from both banks I use. The immigration officer looked at them, kept one (the one with the highest balance) and handed the other back to me. Since the two accounts, combined, amounted to only about 100,000 baht, she clearly wasn't interested in the balances.