Are you a member of the enlarged prostrate club?

steveb6

Just about every man over 50 is going to have an enlarged prostate.

There are many many options that can help with an enlarged prostate without going down the very dangerous route of surgery.

Best friend of mine had surgery on his enlarged prostate in Oz last year and is still in agony when he urinates.

A supposed quick overnight operation ended up with him hospitalised for 10 days and he nearly died of kidney failure because of wrong medication and he has more prostate problems that before he went in for the operation..

My opinion...

Prostate surgery ONLY if you do not care about losing sexual performance and fertility, because those are very common side effects.

...and the sucking or blowing effect disturbes me greatly,mind when the woman looks and no wetness suppose it might be free

Your comments make no sense at all.

There are many many options that can help with an enlarged prostate without going down the very dangerous route of surgery.

Best friend of mine had surgery on his enlarged prostate in Oz last year and is still in agony when he urinates.

A supposed quick overnight operation ended up with him hospitalised for 10 days and he nearly died of kidney failure because of wrong medication and he has more prostate problems that before he went in for the operation..

I don't know if your friend's case is common, but for me it was painless and no complications ( 5 years already ) ; I stayed two nights in hospital, just to look if everything was ok

the operation lasted a little bit more than one hour ; at one time, I told the nurse I was a little bit warm , so she took the blanket away and I saw every thing on a screen

Edited by Aforek

Your friend was very unlucky...No doubt on it. TURP or new Laser procedures for enlargement prostate are very safe.

In most of the case, the erection improves. The only side effect could be retrograde ejaculation, but in some case, as for Mr. Aforek , the normal ejaculation can remain.

I did operation when I was 45, now I'm 50, never have problem on sexual issue except for ejaculation. My erection is 100 % the same as before, and so it is for my friend, 70 years old from USA who did TURP on B.P.Hospital. He still banging girls on Soi 6.

I think some people in this forum don't have a clear idea about Prostate Operations. If someone got prostate cancer,TURP in not effective because the entire gland must be removed...In this case , with a complete prostate removal ( radical prostatectomy), more side effect could be involved (Incontinence,impotence,etc.etc.). However, also in this case, new robotic and laparoscopic procedures with the nerve-sparing technique, give a lot of hope in terms of keeping a decent sexual life.

Cheers.

As was explained to me by my doctor, there are factors that can cause retrograde ejaculation from TURP surgery. Many doctors cut too deep during the operation and use a standard size cutting tool. There is a smaller size cutting tool which takes more skill and is time consuming, but leaves the patient with minimal pain and no side effects such as retrograde ejaculation as was the result in my case. I think this is something most of us are unaware of. But with all surgery there are risks.

Your friend was very unlucky...No doubt on it. TURP or new Laser procedures for enlargement prostate are very safe.

In most of the case, the erection improves. The only side effect could be retrograde ejaculation, but in some case, as for Mr. Aforek , the normal ejaculation can remain.

I did operation when I was 45, now I'm 50, never have problem on sexual issue except for ejaculation. My erection is 100 % the same as before, and so it is for my friend, 70 years old from USA who did TURP on B.P.Hospital. He still banging girls on Soi 6.

I think some people in this forum don't have a clear idea about Prostate Operations. If someone got prostate cancer,TURP in not effective because the entire gland must be removed...In this case , with a complete prostate removal ( radical prostatectomy), more side effect could be involved (Incontinence,impotence,etc.etc.). However, also in this case, new robotic and laparoscopic procedures with the nerve-sparing technique, give a lot of hope in terms of keeping a decent sexual life.

Cheers.

I guess the point is that there are risks in any sort of operation and for enlarged prostate there are many other options that can help without having to take unnecessary risks with surgery.

I guess the point is that there are risks in any sort of operation and for enlarged prostate there are many other options that can help without having to take unnecessary risks with surgery.

I can tell you ( but it's my opinion ), because my operation was with no problems, that I prefer one and a half hour of surgery, two days in hospital than to take medecine every day during many years

as for retrograde ejaculation, it's not a problem, pleasure is exactly the same, the only difference is that the sperm goes in the blender and no child possible ( but at my age, I don't want to be a father )

I will find out on Thursday when I go to see the doctor again as I have just been in hospital with a urinary tract infection, I have been home two day now and still have bladder control problems and a sore back from the bloody hard beds they have.

I guess the point is how bad your symptoms are....If the obstruction , caused by prostatic hypertrophy , does not allow you to empty the bladder to 50%, it's more risky than surgery. Would you like to live with a catheter or going to the bathroom every 30 minutes , damaging your bladder walls, compromising your kidney ?

It's a question of point of view...

I guess the point is how bad your symptoms are....If the obstruction , caused by prostatic hypertrophy , does not allow you to empty the bladder to 50%, it's more risky than surgery. Would you like to live with a catheter or going to the bathroom every 30 minutes , damaging your bladder walls, compromising your kidney ?

It's a question of point of view...

It is not a question of how bad the symptoms are it is whether or not those symptoms respond to other less invasive treatments than surgery.

Surgery should be a last resort.

It is not a question of how bad the symptoms are it is whether or not those symptoms respond to other less invasive treatments than surgery.

Surgery should be a last resort.

I thought was clear that if the symptoms are real bad , it does mean that all the drug therapies have failed.

I was on Alphalytic drugs for almost 2 years, until I got to the point to urinate only a few drops at a time. My post voiding residual was almost 100 ml... My creatinine level was so high because the urine stucked in the bladder was backing on my kidney

What I'm trying to say is that sometime waiting too long could be a wrong choice.

Edited by jonnyramone

• 3 weeks later...

I had TURP two years ago and I haven't lost sexual life... TURP is a very safe procedure, the nerves responsible for erection are not affected. The only thing I have lost is the ejaculation , infact the sperm goes to the bladder instead of going out (retrograde ejaculation)...Not a big thing....The orgasm is still the same, nothing's changed .

I suggest anyone with enlargement prostate to consider in having The post-void residual (PVR) urine test wich measures the amount of urine left in the bladder after urination. It is very dangerous if your residual is more than 30 ml. because you can compromise your kidney function .

I had the operation in Switzerland but a friend of mine had it here at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Very simple operation , you'll be home the next day and you will be fine in two weeks.

Good side of retrograde ejaculation is : no more worries about girls pretending you're the father, and discount on happy ending massage....because "she didn't let you come"....rolleyes.gif

Cheers.

Remarkable. I bet the girls at SOL love you.

Do you know whow much your friend paid at BKK Pattaya Hospital?

So I asked him, he said it was 70,000 baht, including after surgery recovery, medication and consulting after the operation.

I suggest you to take a look at Sirikith Hospital in Satahip. Most of the doctors working there are the ones that you find at International or Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Anything is extremely cheap there and the service is more than acceptable. I went there with a friend of mine who had a cystoscopy from the Urologist working at International Hospital too. Price on International Hosp. was 20,000 baht while he paid just 2,300 baht at Sirikith in Satahip...Procedure and Doctor exactly the same, so I guess TURP operation will be much cheaper in Satahip as well.

Thanks very much for the info. Is the procedure done under a local or general anaesthetic? I must admit "going under the knife" so to speak terrifies me. Never had anything done more serious than an ingrown toenail.

I wouldn't worry. I was terrified of getting a vasectomy, but it wasn't that bad.

Thanks for this thread. I seem to remember from a TV questionnaire that most TV users are male over 50, so this thread is pretty relevant!

Anyway, a few months ago I had my first general health checkup (crazy really at my age), and the ultrasound showed an enlarged prostate, BUN & creatinine "unremarkable". At night I get up once to pee, but I remember having a conversation with my doc about that a few decades ago in my eary 20s.

My question is, was your PSA count "high" (ie out of the normal range) before you started BPH treatment, and has your PSA count been affected by your BPH treatments (surgical or otherwise).

Thanks.

By the way.....people from Hill tribes in Thailand, not only live longer, they do not have any idea what it is prostate problems, breast cancer, or sexual organs problems, and after serious investigation about it in 1997, was found that they use to slice and eat roots of Kwao Krua, original from North Thailand. Now it is sold in capsules and creams. Unfortunately there are a lot of fakes products using the name. If you are interested in know more, let me know. I am kind of expert on that, and also had prostate problem before moving to Thailand, and rejecting laser surgery. Not anymore. It is natural and totally safe. Collateral effects? Yes..and may be a problem for some people...Kwao Kua is also an aphrodisiac for men and woman. I am 70..and married with a lot younger Thai. Just perfect!

could you please pm me some link or info on where to buy, anybody, thanks

By the way.....people from Hill tribes in Thailand, not only live longer, they do not have any idea what it is prostate problems, breast cancer, or sexual organs problems, and after serious investigation about it in 1997, was found that they use to slice and eat roots of Kwao Krua, original from North Thailand. Now it is sold in capsules and creams. Unfortunately there are a lot of fakes products using the name. If you are interested in know more, let me know. I am kind of expert on that, and also had prostate problem before moving to Thailand, and rejecting laser surgery. Not anymore. It is natural and totally safe. Collateral effects? Yes..and may be a problem for some people...Kwao Kua is also an aphrodisiac for men and woman. I am 70..and married with a lot younger Thai. Just perfect!

could you please pm me some link or info on where to buy, anybody, thanks

Butea Superba is the type of Puerariam Mirifica for males. The Thai name of Pueraria Mirifica is Kwao Krua. Kwao Krua Kao for females, Kwao Krua Deng for males. In thailand the best brand is from the Asoke Pharmacy and Lampang Herb Conservation Center, from the US is Nature Answer or Bio-Botanica.

I had my enlarged prostate removed 8 years ago by laser at Bumrungrad which was around 300,000 and was not happy with the outcome at the time but over time back to normal.

As for erection and sensation issues it has not changed.

Edited by thaipod

I remember Vietnam few years ago ,lying there,promise of payment,trying like fury to make me cum,4 of them in the end,could not cum,but then again always had good control, fact is had my cock slapped for not cumming quick enough a few times

I remember Vietnam few years ago ,lying there,promise of payment,trying like fury to make me cum,4 of them in the end,could not cum,but then again always had good control, fact is had my cock slapped for not cumming quick enough a few times

Some talk above about losing sex drive and how the wife will deal with it. Id say for the majority (not all) of cases the average Thai wife of older farang would be relieved. It's funny when farangs marry a bar girl or a Thai lady looking for a better life and believe that woman actually enjoys sex with them... They can be very good actors.

Some talk above about losing sex drive and how the wife will deal with it. Id say for the majority (not all) of cases the average Thai wife of older farang would be relieved. It's funny when farangs marry a bar girl or a Thai lady looking for a better life and believe that woman actually enjoys sex with them... They can be very good actors.

As long as they are good actors who really cares.biggrin.png