best international schools in bangkok

Schools like Bangkok Patana and International School Bangko which charge huge fees like 700,000 THB per year and they pay their staff very handsomely with all the bells and whistles you might expect. There is a very extensive discussion elsewhere on international schools in this sub-forum. I think someone posted in it that when other costs are factored in, insurance, deposits, school trips, transportation etc that the real cost of sending a child to a top school is around 1 million THB a year. Ouch!

Assumption or Bangkok Christian for Non- International school but from the creme de LA creme of Thais socials. Most thai politicians high-so kids go there.

Salary for teachers was between 80,000 baht to 120,000

Edited by thesetat2013

For the younger set (pre-school and early primary), the Early Learning Centre (ELC) is quite good, and bloody expensive. Each class has one expat teacher and one local assistant teacher. I presume if they are expats they get paid rates competive internationally.

• Like 1

Schools like Bangkok Patana and International School Bangko which charge huge fees like 700,000 THB per year and they pay their staff very handsomely with all the bells and whistles you might expect. There is a very extensive discussion elsewhere on international schools in this sub-forum. I think someone posted in it that when other costs are factored in, insurance, deposits, school trips, transportation etc that the real cost of sending a child to a top school is around 1 million THB a year. Ouch!

The very informative post was moved into the news section, I've now moved it back to the Primary & Secondary Education section though, and pinned it :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/800429-international-schools-in-thailand-an-inside-look/

Maybe we can add Pattaya, to the discussion...

To teach them what ? How to use your dick and keep your ATM and Credit cards safe from your Thai bar girlfriend or perhaps how to handle the situation should you get assaulted or robbed ?

A perusal of the internet shows the following salaries of teachers at govt. schools in nsw, australia (approx). ( $1 = 25 baht).

New graduate on commencent, then rising incremently up to 10 years service 125,000 to 175,000 baht per month.

Head teacher/deputy headmaster 250,000 baht per month.

Headmaster 320,000 baht per month.

These are before tax wages and other deductions. Of course, it begs the question why any qualified teacher in australia (or other western country for that matter) would teach in thailand unless it was with a commensurate salary at a top tier school. The provision of good quality professional development would be crucial too.

A perusal of the internet shows the following salaries of teachers at govt. schools in nsw, australia (approx). ( $1 = 25 baht).

New graduate on commencent, then rising incremently up to 10 years service 125,000 to 175,000 baht per month.

Head teacher/deputy headmaster 250,000 baht per month.

Headmaster 320,000 baht per month.

These are before tax wages and other deductions. Of course, it begs the question why any qualified teacher in australia (or other western country for that matter) would teach in thailand unless it was with a commensurate salary at a top tier school. The provision of good quality professional development would be crucial too.

For the experience and the lower cost of living!

Or just because they can!

Harrow Don Muang application cost 5,000 baht admin fee, 200,000 to join the school, then it starts at 352,000 a year going up about 30,000 baht a year to something like 770,000 in the final year. This is for school fees only, residential posts will obviously be more than that. They increase their fees every year, so if you aren't prepared to invest 5-10 million Baht in your child's education then it's not for you. Starting salary for teachers was 150,000 two years ago, it will have increased a little by then.

Is it worth it? That's a very difficult question to answer and is relative to your income. The difference between what I saw there and a run of the mill Bi-lingual school was astronomical, as the children are taught to think from an early age and they struck me as being far ahead of any I had come across in the Bi-lingual schools I had visited. The ethos of the school and general professionalism by the staff was also in line with a good school back home, and overall I was very impressed.

It's definitely worth it if you have the money but you will need at least 5 million baht spare to put your child through 12 years of schooling at such places.

• Like 1

Expat packages that include housing and schooling help.

A friend currently has 240k baht p/m expenses paid for H+S. It pays for their rent and 2 kids' Int. school fees.

Edited by DLang