Business/Investment Plan 7M Baht

I just had a chat with the lady who sells Döner Kebab in Pattaya. Her investment was about 50K. All you need is a small kiosk in a good location. With 1 kebab spit per day -she told me- she can sell 180-200 portions which is 10,800 to 12,000 Baht per day. Her daily costs are lower than 4K/per day. It's a monthly profit of more than 200K. Enough for you? If you want to see people who became millionaire by selling Kebab then go to Sukhumvit Soi 5 in Bkk. It's only 20 meters inside the Soi on the right hand side. They offer chicken and beef kebab and soft drinks and within 1 hour they sell approximately 20-25 kebab at 60 Baht each. In only 12 hrs they make about 15-18K plus the drinks.

Good example, I've done calculations for bubble tea and coffee stands at good location, its quite amazing to see the profit you can make, the margins for selling water is so high. Especially if you scale it up and have a handful of locations, nice little business with very few things that can go wrong. The only problem is money collection, many times it goes missing! But that can be solved by counting the number of cups.

You make it all sound so easy .... very unrealistically so.

The key is to find a good location, who says making money was easy? On the other hand, small business like this are really not as hard as it sounds, I have a friend who owns 3 coffee shops at 3 different office building and he makes decent money. It cost him around 300,000-400,000 baht to set up each coffee shop, his return on investment was less than a year. Opening your own business is not for everyone.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day I read about the Mee Tae Dai savings account of Krungsri Bank (Bank of Ayudhaya), currently paying interest of 2% p.a if the account balance is from THB 100,000 to THB 10 million, with the interest being calculated daily, paid monthly.

Annual interest: THB 140,000.00

Average monthly interest payments: THB 11666.65

Even though rates have dropped recently you can still beat that by nearly 1%.

and if you just want to invest your money in banks, the rate in thailand is ridiculous just put your money in any Indian bank thy give 9% interest there ,..................................... 7 million bht is little bit more then 200$k is not a lot of money but is ok

and if you just want to invest your money in banks, the rate in thailand is ridiculous just put your money in any Indian bank thy give 9% interest there ,..................................... 7 million bht is little bit more then 200$k is not a lot of money but is ok

-as a foreigner you can't easily invest in Indian Rupees,

-INR is a restricted currency and can't be held offshore,

-but if you manage to open an account in India your tax is ~35%,

last not least the Indian Rupee lost (last 5 years) 45.45% vs. USD, 51.56%, vs. EUR and vs. Thai Baht 43.14%, in other words not only a zero sum game but a huge net loss.

next intelligent advice please whistling.gif

If i had 7 Million Baht i would NOT invest it in anything! Just use about 15,000 baht a month and enjoy a fabulous lifestyle ( although i don't drink or smoke ) you can work it out for yourselves how long it would last you! who would want the " carry on & problems " with a bar ! Life is so short so just enjoy your money and enjoy Thailand ( oh and don't waste your life like many who just seem to " sit indoors all day " on the internet or watching Television.Get out there and enjoy it!

F.J wai2.gif x

The other day I read about the Mee Tae Dai savings account of Krungsri Bank (Bank of Ayudhaya), currently paying interest of 2% p.a if the account balance is from THB 100,000 to THB 10 million, with the interest being calculated daily, paid monthly.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/en/PersonalBanking/DepositProducts/SavingsDeposit/MeeTaeDaiSavings.html#RemarkLink523

attachicon.gifMee Tae Dai Savings Account _ Bank of Ayudhya (Krungsri).pdf

Annual interest: THB 140,000.00

Average monthly interest payments: THB 11666.65

less your tax of course

What they don't state is that they will have to deduct 15% from the interest earn for tax.

If there were a simple, easy way to make 100-150k/month here, then there wouldn't be any English teachers left in the country.

A lot of people think that a bar is the way to easy cash. Well it is, just not for who you were hoping it would be. I joked with a friend one night about why he didn't have a go-go like Baccara or Peppermint and he "huh'd" and replied that those clubs have to pull well over 2 mil/month just to pay the salaries and expenses. Of course a smaller place has lower costs, but lower revenue as well. Same guy also owns (leases) one of the (many) beer bars in one of the Simon complexes. He told me what that cost and I shook my head (sadly) as it seems you'd have to make almost a mil/month to break even (salaries/expenses and rent). Of course, the rent and expenses don't go down if there simply aren't any (paying) customers to fill the seats (but that's not a concern to the people that do the leasing - they get their money or their get their bar back and re-lease it to someone else).

As the old (very old) saying goes, if you want to make a small fortune in Thailand, start with a large one. Most high income options come with their own problems. High income employment (work permits/visa, qualifications, time and effort involved). High income business (company registration, trustworthy partners, fickle business models). High income "other" (which we don't discuss on TV but the downsides usually involve prison and/or death).

I've been hit up to invest in a number of ventures but it always seems to be the same thing. My cash and someone else's "time and effort". It's funny how many people seem to think it's a good deal for me to pay them to make money that they then keep for themselves ! Wow ! I should invest double in that and expect to get less than nothing in return ! Then it gets even more hilarious when they look at you and tell you that you don't know anything about "business" ! (I guess that explains why I have money in the bank and they don't.)

(I'm almost surprised that a bunch of different people haven't already offered to sell the OP half-interest in the various high-end business's that they don't actually own. This is the time of year when bar owners who were suckered into buying loser bars at the end of the last high season, now try and dump those same bars on starry-eyed new arrivals with tropical dreams and bulging bank accounts, before they learn what "low season" means !)

Anybody wanting to open a bar or restaurant in Thailand should read this before investing one bath.,....Great one.....! and all so true.

Best regards.

There are many business opportunities in Thailand that might return over 15% . But you are going to have to place at risk your entire savings in a high risk environment. But those who ask should not take any such risk. And pray tell, why would you need such a high monthly income?

Walen will tell you how. Plus he'll guarantee you a visa. Where is he when we need him? Oh ya, you have to pay him 1200 THB first.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811854-walen-school-of-investing/page-31#entry9338814

Yes indeed. I could teach the OP how to put his 7 mil to good use. The course is 1,200 USD per year. There is no visa with this course, just learning how to make money on the stock market. Glad you feel you need me.

Walen School of Investing - learn to multiply your money

It is possible making those kind of returns via trading, as I presently am doing.

However, trading needs discipline and patience. If you do possess those qualities, you may try

Ha ha, and you can make a lot more gambling, just a quick trip to Cambodia. Really bad advice.

There are many business opportunities in Thailand that might return over 15%

Like what? I don't like the word "might". Most farangs lose money through those "business opportunities". Not yet another kebab shop or motorbike rental shop please. If you want to do business you really need to know something about what u want to do and preferably be good at it and have experience running a business. Working with Thais is not easy and it will take time to learn that too. Not easy for sure.

17% a year?

Throw it in Berkshire Hathaway. Its annual ROR for the last 40 years is 19%.

Warren Buffett has beaten the market to such an extreme degree that comparing his success to everyone else can't be done using a normal line chart.

Hm..., very interesting comment but hard to argue with that. Ok, for 7 mil you will just about buy one share. Warren might not live much longer so who knows what decisions will be made after he is gone.

Edit: You will get more of class B shares, they go for around 142 USD now, I have forgotten about it.

Edited by MacWalen

If i had 7 Million Baht i would NOT invest it in anything! Just use about 15,000 baht a month and enjoy a fabulous lifestyle ( although i don't drink or smoke ) you can work it out for yourselves how long it would last you! who would want the " carry on & problems " with a bar ! Life is so short so just enjoy your money and enjoy Thailand ( oh and don't waste your life like many who just seem to " sit indoors all day " on the internet or watching Television.Get out there and enjoy it!

F.J wai2.gif x

This is very bad advice, unless you are terminally ill. It would not last even 4 years. Thinking how to make money with the money you have is the way to go. 7 mil is a lot of money so if you put it to good use you will do well.

I just had a chat with the lady who sells Döner Kebab in Pattaya. Her investment was about 50K. All you need is a small kiosk in a good location. With 1 kebab spit per day -she told me- she can sell 180-200 portions which is 10,800 to 12,000 Baht per day. Her daily costs are lower than 4K/per day. It's a monthly profit of more than 200K. Enough for you? If you want to see people who became millionaire by selling Kebab then go to Sukhumvit Soi 5 in Bkk. It's only 20 meters inside the Soi on the right hand side. They offer chicken and beef kebab and soft drinks and within 1 hour they sell approximately 20-25 kebab at 60 Baht each. In only 12 hrs they make about 15-18K plus the drinks.

In theory everything is much easier than in practice. Glad she is doing well but getting the same results for the OP is not very likely.

F.J wai2.gif x

This is very bad advice, unless you are terminally ill. It would not last even 4 years. Thinking how to make money with the money you have is the way to go. 7 mil is a lot of money so if you put it to good use you will do well.
Think your Maths is a little out Mac, with 7Mil 15,000 per month should last you 38 years...

Lord knows how you live on that though [emoji15]

Edit:I believe canarysun lives on around 5-6,000 per month (by choice, not necessity) so is being genuine when he says 15,000 would give a great lifestyle.

Edited by JB300

-as a foreigner you can't easily invest in Indian Rupees,

-INR is a restricted currency and can't be held offshore,

-but if you manage to open an account in India your tax is ~35%,

last not least the Indian Rupee lost (last 5 years) 45.45% vs. USD, 51.56%, vs. EUR and vs. Thai Baht 43.14%, in other words not only a zero sum game but a huge net loss.

next intelligent advice please whistling.gif

Puppy forgot to add the last part of his post...and move to India :)

Good example, I've done calculations for bubble tea and coffee stands at good location, its quite amazing to see the profit you can make, the margins for selling water is so high. Especially if you scale it up and have a handful of locations, nice little business with very few things that can go wrong. The only problem is money collection, many times it goes missing! But that can be solved by counting the number of cups.

the first day they see you counting cups, they will go out and buy some.