UFUN ringleaders sought as number of complaints rises to 193

Lite Beer

UFUN ringleaders sought as number of complaints rises to 193
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- AT LEAST 193 people have come forward to lodge complaints against UFUN Thailand over its alleged operation of a fraudulent scheme.

"Their reported damages are over Bt55.9 million," assistant national police chief Lt-General Suwira Songmetta said yesterday.

Since the scandal broke, the authorities have frozen Bt559 million of the firm's assets.

Suwira said police were trying to track down Malaysians Tay Kim Leng, 40, Lee Kuan Ming, 38, and Won Sing Hua, 42, who were facing arrest warrants for their role in UFUN's alleged public fraud.

"We have heard that Lee and Won have already fled Malaysia," Suwira said.

Earlier this week, Tay cancelled a meeting with media from both Thailand and Malaysia.

In the video posted on Wednesday, which was translated into English and Chinese, a man claiming to be Tay, who is also known as Daniel Tay, said that it was inappropriate for him to be interviewed by the media as he had hired a lawyer to settle the case in Thailand.

A Thai woman in her 40s said her friends introduced her to UFUN and she ended up investing Bt1.2 million.

"I was told that I would be able to earn returns of between Bt50,000 and Bt60,000 a month. But after I made the investment in December, the return rate was much different," she said.

She said when she tried to take back the investment, the firm told her she could not get the cash back but promised to give her gold or a car instead.

"I agreed to such conditions but the firm still has not provided me with the gold or a car," she claimed.

Another woman, identified only as Sam-ang, said she invested Bt100,000 in UFUN about five months ago.

"Since I made the investment, I've never got any returns.

"When I called the [uFUN] agent, she turned off her cell phone," Sam-ang said.

Despite the increasing frequencies of these types of stories, a woman in Chiang Mai still trusts UFUN.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said she suspected that some members of UFUN had engaged in alleged fraudulent activities but the company was clean.

"I can still conduct transactions with UFUN as usual," she said.

She admitted the ongoing scandal had affected existing UFUN members.

"Suddenly, we've become culprits in the eyes of the public," she said.

She urged relevant authorities to find out whether the alleged fraud was committed by UFUN or just some UFUN members.

She said she had never suffered any damage from her dealings with UFUN.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/UFUN-ringleaders-sought-as-number-of-complaints-ri-30258731.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-25

"Despite the increasing frequencies of these types of stories, a woman in Chiang Mai still trusts UFUN.

Speaking on condition of anonymity, she said she suspected that some members of UFUN had engaged in alleged fraudulent activities but the company was clean.

"I can still conduct transactions with UFUN as usual," she said."

Sounds like a UFUN agent to me.

• Like 1

A man's greed is like a snake that wants to swallow an elephant.

(Chinese Proverb) wai2.gif

This analogy is exceptionally profound, without it, I wouldn't have been able to understand the nature of greed.

Did you think this proverb up or did someone explain it to you?

How about this

Greed is like a man in a burger shop who orders all the burgers on the menu.

Is that the same? whistling.gif

Major scam and people being rounded up wholesale it seems but it's all gone quiet about the retired army officer of senior rank and his wife who left the country just as the story broke. Could be a coincidence of course.

• Like 1