Dog Training in CM?

seesip

Dog training only work is the trainer will work with the dog owner at its side....to learn how to keep the dog education. If not, it is a waste of time and money. Dogs are a lot smarter than people....They learn very fast who is "really" in control.

Dogs are very good "training" people.

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

You'll get plenty of opinions.

Apart from Immigration, the dogs of this nation cause more irritation to expats than anything else.

The fact is the majority (of Thai) owners have no desire or inclination to train their dogs. The government could make a start by limiting the number of pooches per household.

...hoping to find other *options* not "opinions"

OK...The other option, and the best..., is to get a book..and do the training by your self.

And...I am a dog trainer...but not in Chiang Mai.

Edited by Muzarella

...hoping to find other *options* not "opinions"

OK...The other option, and the best..., is to get a book..and do the training by your self.

And...I am a dog trainer...but not in Chiang Mai.

Exactly what I did, I also live in CM and could not find anyone.

there is an Army Camp near Maejo on the way to Phrao. There you can let training your dog - I think 3 weeks and the last week with owner together. The price is at about Baht 4000 (for 5 years)

The Soldier make trainings mostly for police dogs (drugs) but everybody can bring a dog to him. I forgot the name from the camp - but it should easy to ask somebody from the locals.

In my past years I had some 18 dogs and all responded to my home bred training which consisted of yelling a command repeatedly while wielding a folded up paper -- so did my wife !

Another wasted post, guess nothing better to do

You must be involved in the training from start to finish (you're never finished) or you will be wasting your money. For the best results, I recommend any trainers who follow Cesar Milan's or Sylvia Wilson's methods. Barring that, there are books and videos available to help you with your dog. I was a professional dog trainer before I retired. PM me if you have any questions.

• Like 1

We visited Nienke at Lucky Dogs (see also post 8) and decided to let her train our three Thai dogs of which two 6 months olds.

I am sure they will come out as non-barking disciplined dogs.
The owners should come for the training so they can learn to work together with the dogs.

I found the area she has to be well laid out and it has good professional kennels, newly build and clean.

Also the dog handlers seem to be professional.

Nienke said she can train any dog, so no restrictions to pure breads as I found earlier in Pattaya.

Drove a bit in circles though before I found it first time.

Good luck.

Edited by KKr

We visited Nienke at Lucky Dogs (see also post 8) and decided to let her train our three Thai dogs of which two 6 months olds.

I am sure they will come out as non-barking disciplined dogs.

The owners should come for the training so they can learn to work together with the dogs.

I found the area she has to be well laid out and it has good professional kennels, newly build and clean.

Also the dog handlers seem to be professional.

Nienke said she can train any dog, so no restrictions to pure breads as I found earlier in Pattaya.

Drove a bit in circles though before I found it first time.

Good luck.

Location please. GPS coordinates from Google maps will do.