Maejo Mansion ?

davehowden

Looked at a few units here.

The buildings look pretty edgy and I think very few farang live there. A few good reno's have been done and there are bargains to be had- well cheap units at least! With hindsight they may not be bargains...

Best to take a look at various times of day -and night to get a feel for it. Unless you want to be that far out probably not the best game in town.

You can rent a cheaper unit in a more pleasant location at Towan Mansion-less than 2k a month incl cable internet and 64 tv channels.

Almost next door to the now defunct burned out nightclub, Belive, left off the 2nd lights from MJ Mansion as you head back to the city.

• Like 1

I looked at a unit there last year. Price was right, view was great, area decent, but too far from central CM. The two main reasons I disqualified the unit were the neighbor across the alley with about five attack dogs caged up, barking all day, and also there was a huge heap of garbage on the side of the building, clearly a health issue. Since neither one of those items could have been addressed by me, I just said "no." I think it is also a case of maintenance fees being too low at 200 thb per month. The unit I looked at was 380K, on the top floor, but I think I could have got it for 325K..........MU seemed to be very nice, but there isn't a lot out there, but that will change over time. The area around Udon Rachabat University was a lot better, IMO.

• Like 1

I was almost sold until I walked the perimeter....I know of a studio condo in a much better location listed for 650K...by CMU, which is prime land/area. All roads do seem to lead to PP Condo for those trying to get a cheapie, under 500K. The options are much more numerous in non-BTS/MRT areas of BKK.