Songkhla Zoo proves more popular after facelift

Lite Beer

Songkhla Zoo proves more popular after facelift

SONGKHLA, 25 April 2015 (NNT) - Songkhla Zoo has attracted a lot more visitors this weekend especially those from the three southernmost provinces after a 12-million-baht sky walk has been added, enabling visitors to go round the zoo with greater convenience.

Songkhla Zoo houses many kinds of wildlife, both in Thailand and from abroad such as camels, banteng, tapis, lama, giraffes, tigers, antelopes, macaws, and flamingo. Moreover, the zoo has a large water park with a 7-meter high slider from where tourists can see the panoramic view of Songkhla.

Highlight of the zoo that visitors couldn’t afford to miss was the exciting show of talanted seals and tiger feeding.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-25 footer_n.gif

12 million baht so lazy visitors can walk easier ? Better spent on nicer cages for the residents. Just my opinion.

Which enclosures did you think were in need of improvement? I'm no zoo expert but Songkhla Zoo seems to me to be above average by SE Asian standards. (Which, I know, are not the highest.)

The Sky Walk is now being promoted to Malaysian tourists, who provide plenty of business to Songkhla Zoo, especially at the inflated rate they (and we white fellas too) have to pay to get in. So it may well be a smart investment.