whats the cheapest way to phone oz?

bbabythai

Line premium call is way cheaper than Skype and far better quality.

All other VOIP services are way cheaper than Skype, but quality can vary.

Should add, Line premium call also use about 1/3th of the data Skype uses.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

One option is let the people from the nanny state of oz call you instead of you calling them. I can guarantee you its cheaper.

If the people your calling are friends then ask them to install whatsapp or line and call them using whatsapp or line.

• Like 1

One option is let the people from the nanny state of oz call you instead of you calling them. I can guarantee you its cheaper.

If the people your calling are friends then ask them to install whatsapp or line and call them using whatsapp or line.

I use "Tango" an lot and it works great

As many posters have written, if you want to save MONEY then try getting people in OZ to use a Chat/Voice Chat application. There are many: WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, WeChat, Skype, Viber, LINE, Hangouts, iMessage, Tango, QQ and other instant messaging apps.

The drawback of using MOST of these services is they

require the person you want to Chat, Voice Chat or Video Chat with to run the SAME application,

are NOT guaranteed delivery services

don't connect to the telephone Exchange (so you can't just call someone on their landline or mobile number and connect)

BUT they do offer free Chat Voice Video

If you have to have direct landline/mobile calling ability, then...

Pre-Paid Calling Cards

SIP or VoIP Internet telephony service with an Australian-based Phone Number

Specialty WiFi/Internet -based calling app with an Australian-based Phone Number

also, some of the App-to-App services also offer connection to landline/mobile network for a fee.

• Like 1

Application name Voip, use to allow free calls to landlines with every top up. Do not recall the conditions but really was free and a good few hours free

I would ask that you do a little better than that.

What OS, what store, what exact name of app. Voip is a method, not an app name. There are over 500 apps in the Google Play Store with VoIP in the name.

Most would not allow FREE calls to Australia.

It might be VoipStunt.

What OS, what store, what exact name of app. Voip is a method, not an app name. There are over 500 apps in the Google Play Store with VoIP in the name.

Most would not allow FREE calls to Australia.

You must be on Skype Pay as You Go.

If you get a Skype subscription, you get unlimited and untimed calls to landlines and mobiles.

unlimited calls to mobiles in 8 countries, from which Australia isn't one.

You can now call Australian mobiles, as well as landlines, as part of the Skype Premium subscription. The calls are unlimited and untimed. They have a fair use policy, but it's very generous.

I realise you may struggle with basics or may be IT is not your forte, so will try again.

There USE TO BE an application which was called VOIP.

I did not make it nor did I name it.

If I wanted an English lesson, I would be visiting a school instead of listening to your drivel.

So, there use to be an application called VOIP. But now there isn't?

So how is your original post even helpful, except to say "maybe" there was once a application out there that allowed free calls?

Were the free calls to Australia or Thailand, this is what I'm asking you to clarify.

Have you tried searching the mobile app stores for that name so see how many apps return with that name?

If you get a Skype subscription, you get unlimited and untimed calls to landlines and mobiles.

You can now call Australian mobiles, as well as landlines, as part of the Skype Premium subscription. The calls are unlimited and untimed. They have a fair use policy, but it's very generous.

According to the Skype website the unlimited calls is only to landlines in Austarlia

http://www.skype.com/en/rates/

Best rate for calls to mobiles is 0.037 US$ if the package of 400 minutes is chosen.

I realise you may struggle with basics or may be IT is not your forte, so will try again.

There USE TO BE an application which was called VOIP.

I did not make it nor did I name it.

If I wanted an English lesson, I would be visiting a school instead of listening to your drivel.

So, there use to be an application called VOIP. But now there isn't?

So how is your original post even helpful, except to say "maybe" there was once a application out there that allowed free calls?

Were the free calls to Australia or Thailand, this is what I'm asking you to clarify.

Have you tried searching the mobile app stores for that name so see how many apps return with that name?

VOIP is a generic term associated with a technology (voice over internet protocol) and has been around for quite a while. Usually the technology is implemented via a service provider or a point to point app. There are apps for android and iOS.

According to the Skype website the unlimited calls is only to landlines in Austarlia

Best rate for calls to mobiles is 0.037 US$ if the package of 400 minutes is chosen.

Check out this link.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12370/what-is-the-new-skype-premium-subscriptions-offer-available-in-australia-brazil-and-italy

Unfortunately, when you click on the "supported countries" it takes you to your sign in page.

You will see it says: "Calling to mobiles in 52 countries and to landlines in 80 countries."

The old "One World Subscription" was mobiles to only 8 countries. It's now mobiles to 52 countries, and Australia is one of the 52 countries.

Check out this link.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12370/what-is-the-new-skype-premium-subscriptions-offer-available-in-australia-brazil-and-italy

Unfortunately, when you click on the "supported countries" it takes you to your sign in page.

You will see it says: "Calling to mobiles in 52 countries and to landlines in 80 countries."

The old "One World Subscription" was mobiles to only 8 countries. It's now mobiles to 52 countries, and Australia is one of the 52 countries.

post-222439-0-39131200-1430120142_thumb. post-222439-0-60864700-1430120152_thumb.

So you can call mobiles in Australia, but not through the unlimited plan, only at a pay per minute plan.

Edited by Anthony5

@ Anthony5

Australian mobiles are included in Skype Premium.

I bought up the list of the 52 countries for mobiles, but I had to go into my account to find the list.

I am having difficultly finding a link for the list, outside of my account, but I am posting accurate information.

For $209AUD a year, I can call mobiles in 52 countries and landlines in 80 countries, unlimited and untimed.

@ Anthony5

I bought up the list of the 52 countries for mobiles, but I had to go into my account to find the list.

I am having difficultly finding a link for the list, outside of my account, but I am posting accurate information.

For $209AUD a year, I can call mobiles in 52 countries and landlines in 80 countries, unlimited and untimed.

I don't want to argue with you, but clearly it's not possible to find info on Skype webpage, because I logged in and didn't get any other info than the pages I posted a screenshot of in my earlier post.So If you can find a page that shows the info feel free to post it.

The link you posted earlier however says the following:

What is the new Skype Premium subscriptions offer (available in Australia, Brazil, and Italy)?

So no use for the OP since he isn't in any of the 3 countries where it is available.

Edit to add: Reason I actually don't care what Skype has to offer is that I have Skype call credit in my account but, since I found Line premium call, I don't bother to use my paid up credit with Skype because the it isn't comparable with Line in call quality.

Edited by Anthony5

@ Anthony5

I don't want to argue with you, but clearly it's not possible to find info on Skype webpage, because I logged in and didn't get any other info than the pages I posted a screenshot of in my earlier post.So If you can find a page that shows the info feel free to post it.

What is the new Skype Premium subscriptions offer (available in Australia, Brazil, and Italy)?

So no use for the OP since he isn't in any of the 3 countries where it is available.

Edit to add: Reason I actually don't care what Skype has to offer is that I have Skype call credit in my account but, since I found Line premium call, I don't bother to use my paid up credit with Skype because the it isn't comparable with Line in call quality.

I have no idea why this information is not redily available, without signing into your account, but yes, I can not find a link to post on this thread.

If you go to this link, the one I previously posted, and scroll down to "supported countries" it will take you to a sign in page. Sign in from there and you should see the 52 countries for mobiles and the 80 countries for landlines. You will see Australia is listed for mobiles and landlines, unlimited and untimed.

"Available in Australia, Brazil and Italy" I think was meant to read "Now availabe in Australia, Brazil and Italy." The OP's location isn't really a problem, and if it is, a VPN can be used to buy Skype Premium, whilst appearing the OP is in Australia.

Call quality is based on the quality of your internet, which we all know can be unreliable in Thailand, but my experience with Skype is, when the internet is ok, my call quality is great.

I had a look at Line Premium Call.

From what I can see, it's all pay as you go. I am looking at this website. Is it the correct website?

http://line.me/en/call

It says $0.02 a minute to Australian landlines and $0.09 a minute to mobiles.

I pay $209AUD a year for unlimited to mobile and landlines in 52 countries, and unlimited to landlines in 80 countries.

Skype Premium is definately cheaper.

@ Anthony5

I have no idea why this information is not redily available, without signing into your account, but yes, I can not find a link to post on this thread.

If you go to this link, the one I previously posted, and scroll down to "supported countries" it will take you to a sign in page. Sign in from there and you should see the 52 countries for mobiles and the 80 countries for landlines. You will see Australia is listed for mobiles and landlines, unlimited and untimed.

"Available in Australia, Brazil and Italy" I think was meant to read "Now availabe in Australia, Brazil and Italy." The OP's location isn't really a problem, and if it is, a VPN can be used to buy Skype Premium, whilst appearing the OP is in Australia.

Call quality is based on the quality of your internet, which we all know can be unreliable in Thailand, but my experience with Skype is, when the internet is ok, my call quality is great.

From what I can see, it's all pay as you go. I am looking at this website. Is it the correct website?

I pay $209AUD a year for unlimited to mobile and landlines in 52 countries, and unlimited to landlines in 80 countries.

I wonder why you keep posting misinformation, going to the link and sign in to my Skype account, brings me to the page from which I posted screenshots and which in no way shows that calling Australian mobiles can be called in the unlimited plan.

Since you have a Skype account, you also can log in and post a screenshot of the page that says what you claim. Everyone can do that, so I wonder why you can't.

And indeed Line premium has no unlimited call plans like Skype, but it also has no connection charges like Skype, and as I said earlier the call quality is superb over Skype. I know since I have both the apps and credit on my phone, and the 8.45USD left on my Skype account I won't even bother with anymore.

With a 30 day plan you pay 5.83 cents to mobiles and landlines, that mean for the amount you pay to Skype you can call 298 minutes or 5 hours a month to Australian mobile, without a connection charge each call you make as is charged by Skype. If you call more than 5 hours every month to Australia I only can say you're a heavy user.

Glad you have use for the 209 AUS$ plan, but I don't call 5300 Baht a year to a single country, so it would be a waste of money for me.

Edited by Anthony5

@ Anthony5

I wonder why you keep posting misinformation, going to the link and sign in to my Skype account, brings me to the page from which I posted screenshots and which in no way shows that calling Australian mobiles can be called in the unlimited plan.

Since you have a Skype account, you also can log in and post a screenshot of the page that says what you claim. Everyone can do that, so I wonder why you can't.

And indeed Line premium has no unlimited call plans like Skype, but it also has no connection charges like Skype, and as I said earlier the call quality is superb over Skype. I know since I have both the apps and credit on my phone, and the 8.45USD left on my Skype account I won't even bother with anymore.

With a 30 day plan you pay 5.83 cents to mobiles and landlines, that mean for the amount you pay to Skype you can call 298 minutes or 5 hours a month to Australian mobile, without a connection charge each call you make as is charged by Skype. If you call more than 5 hours every month to Australia I only can say you're a heavy user.

Glad you have use for the 209 AUS$ plan, but I don't call 5300 Baht a year to a single country, so it would be a waste of money for me.

I am not posting misinformation, you are.

I made a call to an Australian mobile as recently as last night. I spoke for approximately 20 minutes and my Skype credit didn't decrease by 1 cent. When the call connected, it says "covered by subscription."

I only have some Skype credit to pay for some Australian 1300 numbers that do not supply a number for overseas callers.

I don't know how to do a screen shot so I tried a cut and paste but the Thaivisa website said I posted more images than I am allowed to. The images were the flags of all the countries.

Maybe Skype doesn't offer this product anymore, but I doubt it, because it was only released mid 2014.

Perhaps another member can confirm my information.

I have no reason to mislead anyone.

I am not posting misinformation, you are.

I made a call to an Australian mobile as recently as last night. I spoke for approximately 20 minutes and my Skype credit didn't decrease by 1 cent. When the call connected, it says "covered by subscription."

I only have some Skype credit to pay for some Australian 1300 numbers that do not supply a number for overseas callers.

I don't know how to do a screen shot so I tried a cut and paste but the Thaivisa website said I posted more images than I am allowed to. The images were the flags of all the countries.

Maybe Skype doesn't offer this product anymore, but I doubt it, because it was only released mid 2014.

Perhaps another member can confirm my information.

I have no reason to mislead anyone.

It is simple, if what you claim is available with Skype, it will be published on their website.

I posted screen shots of what is available and published on the Skype website, and I got there only by clicking on the link you provided.

Screen shot is in Windows under programs> accessories>snipping tool. Make the screen shot, save as jpeg, and upload to Thaivisa.

post-222439-0-31834700-1430155718_thumb.

Edited by Anthony5

@ Anthony5

I will try a screen shot tomorrow.

This is what you said in Post No. 7. "unlimited calls to mobiles in 8 countries, from which Australia isn't one."

Look at this Skype webpage link again.

Scroll down to this heading, "What Skype features and benefits does the new Skype Premium subscription include?"

Under this heading you will see: "Calling to mobiles in 52 countries and to landlines in 80 countries." Do you see it?

Now, why would they say that????

Mobiles in 52 countries is a lot more than 8, as you claim.

I can assure you, and other members, Australian mobiles are included in the 52 countries under Skype Premium.

@ Anthony5

I will try a screen shot tomorrow.

This is what you said in Post No. 7. "unlimited calls to mobiles in 8 countries, from which Australia isn't one."

Look at this Skype webpage link again.

Scroll down to this heading, "What Skype features and benefits does the new Skype Premium subscription include?"

Under this heading you will see: "Calling to mobiles in 52 countries and to landlines in 80 countries." Do you see it?

Now, why would they say that????

Mobiles in 52 countries is a lot more than 8, as you claim.

I can assure you, and other members, Australian mobiles are included in the 52 countries under Skype Premium.

I made clear already in another post that you can call mobiles in 52 countries, with the pay as you go or monthly plans where you buy 60 - 120 - or 400 minutes, but not with the unlimited plan.

The screen shots I posted in post #21 point that out pretty clear.Here they are again.Do you notice that under the Australia unlimited subscription it clearly says Landlines ONLY, and that under the tab Landlines and Mobiles there is no unlimited plan?

post-222439-0-31389500-1430156189_thumb.post-222439-0-50343900-1430156191_thumb.

You may have a look also at the screenshot I just added to post #32, which shows the countries that you can call mobiles under an unlimited subscription.

Of course, if you tomorrow post a screen shot that clearly confirms your claims, I'll agree to apologize to you and the whole forum.

By the way, it may be an advertising trick from Skype. You can call mobiles around the world, if they have Skype installed on their mobile. A trick that is used by every VOIP provider by the way.

Edited by Anthony5