What work would you do in Thailand if you were allowed to?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What job?..... I'd be a 'magical'....'Miracle', (dead ancestor backed and endorsed by some guy in a lab coat) purveyor of 150% 'what does you good'........Guaranteed to put lead in the pencil, make you the biggest lotto winner in history or best act on Thai X-factor in years.........Only 10 bottles left.....How much? How much you got, the more you pay, the better this stuff works.

Don't hate the player........Just the game.

All I have to do is wait until my Khun Yai croaks. She owns an estimated 80 million thb of real estate and has four heirs. 80 million divided by four equals 20 million thb per person. Yeah I have full citizenship, so it looks like my future career will be landlord. Until then I don't feel the need to get an extra job as I'm content with my current job, which I consider to be more of a "paid hobby" than a job.

Feels good to be born into a wealthy family and have a secured future doesn't it?cool.png

Being realistic and guessing that most Thai visa members cannot speak or read and write even one word of Thai, and many are like fish out of water without their Thai wives or girlfriends to do all their bidding and daily business for them here, than the chances of being able to work in Thailand, even if the laws permitted it, are non-existent.

For those who fall into the category I have mentioned above, what type of work do you think it is possible for you to do in Thailand? It would be the same as it has been for decades, having to use Thais to do all the translating and as upfront people for you.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Back in the old country I was an accountant but I always wanted to be a pimp and manage many girls.

Unfortunately all the positions have been taken in Thailand, so I can't see that I will ever fulfil my dream.

Shame on you.

There are people volunteering all over Thailand and they don't have work permits.

Radio presenter. Done it for 47 years in the USA. Not possible here, unless you do it for no pay.

Wrong. You still need a work permit whether you get paid or not. If I lived in one of the cities, I would get to know people, and when they found

out I was a musician, and can also sing, I would have to turn down requests to perform.

I suppose I have been a naughty boy sometimes, when I go to Pattaya with some Farang friends, I have quite often went on stage and did a

couple of songs while playing the bass guitar.

• 2 months later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If I were allowed, I'd be a PM, I bet I can clean this country up better than any Thai! alt=w00t.gif>

No, you would be dead if you tried it the farang way.

The Thai way keeps account with a lot more factors, and it seems to work. slowly but it works without rocking the boat to much...

What is it with the Farangs ? always thinking they can do any job better than a Thai...?

Like the US trying to control the middle east ! without knowing the delicate connections between different factions...what a mess they have made of it !!!

Cant disagree with you over the way the US handles things. If you look at statistics they have started a lot of conflict but have never won a war outside of the USA

what would you call the spanish american war?