Female staff for national police chief killed

Thaivisa News

Bangkok: – Thung Song Hong police are investigating the killing of Sergeant Napapat Nuan-iad, a female staff officer for national police chief General Somyos Pumpanmuang.

After the discovery of Napapat’s death yesterday, police close to the investigation said Somyos had ordered to hush up the case, Thairath newspaper reported.

The newspaper quoted an anonymous police source as saying that Thung Song Hong superintendent Colonel Termphao Siriphuban received a complaint about lingering foul smell for the past two days at the Police Flat located under his jurisdiction.

At the scene, Termphao and forensic officials found Napapat’s body in her flat unit.

Napapat reportedly had been brutally killed. The estimated time of her death was about two days ago. The hot weather was believed to have caused her body to decompose quickly.

Police neighbours gave statement and police were tight-lipped about the details.

Based on the newspaper report, investigators have launched a manhunt for a policeman who is the victim’s boyfriend.

The boyfriend is a team member of the special force from the Police Aerial Reinforcement Unit. The victim is an officer of the Border Patrol Police seconded to work in the national police chief’s staff.

The two has been known to live together for months at the victim’s flat unit.

Flat residents said they have not seen the boyfriend recently.

Before her death, the victim is seen as a sociable and outgoing officer. She had a part time job selling vegetable juice on her Facebook page.

Staff members of Somyos said they heard rumour that the victim and her boyfriend had several arguments lately although they did not know the details.

They also said the victim had missed work for two days and that they could not contact her because her mobile phone was turned off.

A couple of good reports on the BP website with the national police chief doing his damnedest to distance himself from suggestions he was involved with he deceased lady and surprise, surprise making a mess of things,

He's quoted as saying although she worked in his office he never knew her name until after her death. Great boss, doesn't know the names of his own staff. He scoffed at the idea of an affair as only married female officers are assigned to his office, so married women don't have affairs ?

• Like 1

Something tells me that this is as far as the matter will go. She's dead, He's dead, and the business card pinned to the tree by a knife - well just one of those things!.

Case closed.

• Like 2

I don't know if this link will be allowed, but there is much more to this case than the posters on this forum seem to be aware.

https://www.facebook.com/CSILA90210/posts/827196357358091:0

The wife's body was found in Laksi, the husband was found hanging from a tree in Korat with suspicious bruising and burns to his legs and feet. His car was not found. He allegedly hung himself yet he could have killed himself with his service revolver. For those who say "case closed" you need to get all the facts or refrain from commenting altogether.

I don't know if this link will be allowed, but there is much more to this case than the posters on this forum seem to be aware.

The wife's body was found in Laksi, the husband was found hanging from a tree in Korat with suspicious bruising and burns to his legs and feet. His car was not found. He allegedly hung himself yet he could have killed himself with his service revolver. For those who say "case closed" you need to get all the facts or refrain from commenting altogether.

From the pictures in this link, I think I can safely say there is no way in hell this man hung himself, and no way in hell he did that to his body before he hung himself. This was murder, clear as day

I was referring to what will probably happen, which I suspect is a very long way from what should happen!

• Like 1

Aside from the brutal nature of the case, the thing that struck me in the report was 'She had a part time job selling vegetable juice on her Facebook page.' This is a damning indictment on the rates of police and other government services pay in Thailand in my opinion, and, is the reason for the myriad problems within the system of government in Thailand. (Note, I use the word 'service', which in the Thai context is non-existent). Raise the pay, raise the bar, remove the time servers and crooks now! They could start by using the word 'service' to define the role of such agencies ie. Royal Thai Police Service.

jdinasia over to you to let us know that he hung himself pure and simple. You are an expert on these sorts of deaths. And maybe you can tell us why he didn't tie his hands behind his back before he hung himself, and also how he managed to hang himself while his feet were still touching the floor.

• Like 2

Why exactly did this make the news? This seems to me to be the national pastime for Thai males who are told to take a hike...

Check out the link I posted, look at the gruesome pictures, then you tell me if you think this guy hung himself.

Why exactly did this make the news? This seems to me to be the national pastime for Thai males who are told to take a hike...

Check out the link I posted, look at the gruesome pictures, then you tell me if you think this guy hung himself.

In another photo of the man hanging, with his feet on the ground and severe wounds on his legs. He also had bruises on his wrists, like his hand were tied at one time. It is also very odd how he got to this remote location so far from his home. His vehicle was not found in the area, so I guess he walked a very long distance to hang himself instead of using his service weapon to do himself in, directly after he killed his wife.

You're wasting your time asking him to think.

Aside from the brutal nature of the case, the thing that struck me in the report was 'She had a part time job selling vegetable juice on her Facebook page.' This is a damning indictment on the rates of police and other government services pay in Thailand in my opinion, and, is the reason for the myriad problems within the system of government in Thailand. (Note, I use the word 'service', which in the Thai context is non-existent). Raise the pay, raise the bar, remove the time servers and crooks now! They could start by using the word 'service' to define the role of such agencies ie. Royal Thai Police Service.

In Thailand, are female police officers not allowed to take bribes?? That would explain the need for extra jobs and compensated dating...

Edited by bangon04