The people decide, not MPs: PM Prayut

webfact

It's true the people decide. Only as long as they are willing to protest on mass in the streets and lay their lives on the line against soldiers with war weapons in an event that would be akin to civil war. And to organize that they'll need to find another way to communicate and mobilize because all communications in thailand are monitored and any dissenters are promptly arrested as enemies of the state.

So yes the thai people really have chosen General Prayut to control every aspect of their lives and country.

Edited by Time Traveller

How can the people decide?

Sent from my c64

Well...you have a referendum to 'decide' if you want a referendum to 'decide' if you want an election ..OMG.

I think the easiest way is to use that polling organisation from the university......that guarantees 87.235% or something. Who could then reasonably argue with that decision.? Or you ask the 200 village leaders, or whatever they are.

Seriously, I have never read such a rambling load of nonsense from a country's leader - elected or not.

Obviously you haven't read any of Yinglucks attempts to speak intelligently

"THE PEOPLE and not the politicians have the right to decide whether the current government should relinquish power or postpone the general election"

... but unfortunately there's currently no mechanism for the people to decide, now is there ? wink.png

well it's not up to a hand full of politicians - redshirt leaders - or a small number of political loud mouth activists either,

he has a point

Apparently it was up to a small number of loud mouth activists, because that's how we got here.

really ? that is not what I saw in Bangkok when close to 1 million people (if not more) were demanding change and reforms before elections. While certain people wanted things to stay as they were and go right to elections and were willing to kill and murder to get their way, Thailand is being reformed like it or not, anything has to be better than what existed this time last year.

Interesting quote from another headline today...............

NRC whip spokesman Wanchai Sornsiri

Corrupt politicians would fear the new charter because there were effective mechanisms to eradicate, block and punish them, he said.

Wanchai was responding to criticism made by politicians that the charter draft aimed to maintain dictatorial power.

"Good politicians are not perturbed by the new charter."

He said the new charter was meant to promote and protect the interests of the public and not vested interest groups.

I happen to agree 100% with the above, there are a few people who don't want to see any changes - anyone like to guess who they are ?[/quote

1 million? Did you count them or just SWAG it? You personally saw 1 million out of an electorate of what 47 million and yet you don't consider that to be a small number? There was never 1 million on the street at any one time. Have you been on the yoghurt again?

The people did try to have their choice but that small number prevented them from doing so, but but but vote buying blah blah blah.

Spare me the flipancy of your comments, elections were called as per the constitution, not once but twice, once having been given royal decree, and the one time there was a chance to prove that the PTP were a spent force, the PDRC and the democrats bottled it!!

So yes it was a small number, even 10% Is still a small number, maybe you went to a different school that made what? 2% the voting population based on your claim of 1 million on the streets is classed as a high and significant number?

getting anywhere near a million people onto the streets in protest is not to be ignored and you know it

why is it that people on these forums resort to personal slights to make an argument or a point, I thought you were above that mate

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Putting the cart before the horse is always a problem.

Especially if you haven't got a horse..................... or a cart.

I think it's more the case of running the tank over both the horse and cart that's the problem.

• Like 1

There's much truth in what you say Haggis, apart from the ridiculous and totally unsubstantiated claim to have the biggest tadger in Thailand. You should know that it is against forum rules to make wild and inflammatory claims, which will only antagonise more sensitive posters.

I however have frequently been told that I...........

• Like 1

I see a lot of growling, or critics, but ask yourself, did the last government of

Mr. or Ms., rich family in power work for you? Did all the problems associated with

them work for you. Oh I know that some think the Mr. and Ms. last family in power

were voted in with some help, but If Thailand wants a cleaner Democracy without the

population getting paid to vote, then I think the country has to clean up its voting practices,

before trying again for a democratic, people vote for the next government.

Just my 2 cents of opinion on this matter.

I see a lot of growling, or critics, but ask yourself, did the last government of

Mr. or Ms., rich family in power work for you? Did all the problems associated with

them work for you. Oh I know that some think the Mr. and Ms. last family in power

were voted in with some help, but If Thailand wants a cleaner Democracy without the

population getting paid to vote, then I think the country has to clean up its voting practices,

And cleaned up it is!

Yeeeeeha...not a voting practice in sight!coffee1.gif

Yeah it s better for the elite to keep thinking the thais are kids...and even better to have a guy as PM who say he wants to adjust the press and tell them they are stupid while threaten them

Smedly no intention of slight in my part it was merely pointing out that a million of that and I'd haphazard the most on the streets at any one time was 250-300K nowhere near 1 million, really is a small number when there's 47 millions on the electorate.

You yourself said it wasn't a small number, 2% being generous at that is intact a very small number and the poster you criticised was figuratively speaking was correct.

But after months that number dropped drastically anticipating the collapse of Yingluck and it simply didn't happen.

Staging such a large protest which I supported initially was indeed brilliant, but the constant final final final pushes wore even the ardent supporters out, they had lost the momentum and the protests stalled.

I stopped the support after the blockading of the polling stations, the one chance the PDRC and the Dems had of proving beyond all their claims that they had the majority of support of the country fell apart like a paper canoe in a bucket of acid!! The Dems threw teddies and a coup was always going to be the only way to resolve it.

Had they allowed the elections to go unimpeded and the Dems grew a backbone, they could have proven they had the majority, but the blunt truth is that it's merely hearsay, it's like me claiming I have the biggest tadger in Thailand, it's never likely to be proven false or true!! ?

Then they had the opportunity again for July elections but the PDRC were spent, even blind pew could see that it was becoming farcical, it was when Surhep started making the threats about seizing the government house and imposing his own government chosen by his people there wasn't much more Prayuth could do, if he allowed that to happen the Reds would have kicked off ten times worse.

The attacks on the protests had not increased at all, they remained almost a constant, and the fatalities were the same, less people on the streets, less targets, simple logic really.

But we are straying off topic as the subject is 2010 and the MIB out of which only 5 have been detained nobody seems to be spilling their guts like many on here claimed they would, their case has been put back till July now as well O believe.

Why do you think that now the BIB have been rained in, only 5 are in detention out of how many? 20-30+.

You ever considered the fact that perhaps the MIB are Not meant to be found as it could be "rather embarrassing" if it was found out they were on both sides of the divide? It's a possibility that needs to be kept in thought, dismissing it it folly, as history is full of such duplicity!! ?

it's like me claiming I have the biggest tadger in Thailand, it's never likely to be proven false or true!! ?

I have to agree with you there, everything your missus told me (which pointed to the opposite) is still only ¨hear say¨ I guess whistling.gif

• Like 1