Six workers hurt as Phuket pick-up crashes at speed

webfact

Six workers hurt as Phuket pick-up crashes at speed
Eakkapop Thongtub

1430106813_1-org.jpg
The truck lies on its side at the scene

PHUKET: -- Six Myanmar workers were injured and taken to hospital yesterday evening (April 26) when the driver of the pick-up truck taking them to their camp crashed.

The truck was carrying nine workers when it crashed into a roadside restaurant near the turnoff to Cape Yamu on the Pa Khlok road.

Arriving at the secene, police and rescue workers found the Mitsubishi Triton pick-up truck lying on its side after crashing into the restaurant. The six injured, all Burmese workers, were lying scattered around the pick-up. They were taken to Thalang Hospital.

The driver, Krisada Kanta, 36, from Chiang Mai, told police “I picked the labourers up from Kamala and was taking them to their camp in Baan Para.”

He admitted, “I was driving at quite a speed when I lost control of the vehicle and crashed.”

Police arranged to have the vehicle towed away and went to visit the injured to get their versions of the story. The driver is likely to face a charge of reckless driving causing injury to others and to property.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/six-workers-hurt-as-phuket-pick-up-crashes-at-speed-52036.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-27

That part of the road has taken it's toll quite a few times. Now there is roadworks going on to build a centre divider.

But the speeding is getting worse and worse. The road from Bang Rong to the heroines monument used to be a pleasant ride. Not anymore. There is much more traffic and lots of crazy drivers.

I do know some thai drivers who drive carefully and responsibly. Well at least a few.

But then why is it that they put an idiot on the wheel who does not realise or care that there are people in the back whose life depend on him