If You Weren't Here, Where Would You Be?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costa Rica for me. Not cheap though and does not have the same variety of food compared to all the dishes you can get here. T

. Food Sucks, if I ever see another Black Bean, il $&@&.

I believe you will find that aroz y frijoles are the staple of diet in most Central / South American countries... If you don't like the food, might be best to avoid latin America altogether... As for Costa Rica, I like the central valley and the east coast around Limon, but the northwest coast has been invaded by too many gringos searching for the eternal summer... Kind of like Thailand, but you don't hear them belly ache about the place as much as here...

Edited by Loptr

Have any of you been to the places you say you would go? Just wondering if you are all speaking from experience or hearsay. Seems most of you have not included that which is making this a dreadfully boring thread with people just rattling off country names. Maybe some actual information would spruce things up.

Been to Hawaii twice. Afook is correct, this place is paradise. Always a pleasant warm temperature, when it rains, it is just a little and then sun again. It is clean, beautiful, awesome restaurants, has gorgeous beaches. I hear that crime has risen a bit since I was there 25 years ago. But too expensive for a mere pauper like me to retire there. Aloha.

Probably in a bar back in the uk because couldnt afford heating costs.

If you couldn't afford the heating costs, you probably couldn't afford to be in a bar either! sad.png

Edited by Moonlover

If I weren't here, then I'd be there, now, wouldn't I? Silly question.

If I were 30 years younger, I'd like to spend several months a year in south-west India, Kerala state. Nice beaches, very laid back for the most part, cheap. Usual Third World hassles, and food variety limited, plus alcohol difficult to buy, but the locals are generally friendly towards westerners and don't interfere. A beach bum's life there is not too bad.

At my current age, I'd like to go back to my country and see out my years, but for reasons I won't go into now, it would be too difficult. Here is by far the best alternative I can think of.

Have any of you been to the places you say you would go? Just wondering if you are all speaking from experience or hearsay. Seems most of you have not included that which is making this a dreadfully boring thread with people just rattling off country names. Maybe some actual information would spruce things up.

Yes, I have been in the valley that scratched heaven and is now destroyed.

I was there in 1969, and now maybe I will never go there again.

Maybe the Gods made love there and crashed the bed, what do I know...

Farewell Khatmandu mon amour, still there in my dream.

Edited by micmichd