Residence Letter Jomtien Immigration

Robroona

But you pay extra if you want it the same day.

I got mine last week at Jomtien. Handed over documents at 0825, had the letter in my hand at 0835. Far back over the years, as I can remember, the fee was 300 baht which I think is pretty reasonable for any kind of admin work.

My original question was only about the time frame which it was valid for

Jomtien wants 300B for the same day, 200B for the next day and they will do them for free if you dont mind waiting a week or so.

But I see nothing at all reasonable about this iniquitous and degrading bit of out and out extortion.

Officially the form is free. Don't believe me? Just ask for an official receipt.

As for the validity, I would never count on more than 30 days though for a friend's new car they accepted one that was 7 weeks old.

Jomtien wants 300B for the same day, 200B for the next day and they will do them for free if you dont mind waiting a week or so.

But I see nothing at all reasonable about this iniquitous and degrading bit of out and out extortion.

Officially the form is free. Don't believe me? Just ask for an official receipt.

As for the validity, I would never count on more than 30 days though for a friend's new car they accepted one that was 7 weeks old.

Well, as I stay 21 Kim's from the immigration office, I was quite happy to pay the 300 baht for "same day service". Mind you, prices were never discussed, I just thought that 300 was normal

validity of the letter depends on your visa expiry date,EG: if your visa runs out on 20 September thats when the letter runs out

When I got my year Visa i got a few residence letters for the year, just used one of them last week when I sold a bike, this was 7 months after I got it

Out of interest. I am buying a car on HP through the bank. I've nearly finished paying for it.

Does anyone know if I have to have a residents letter when the bank transfers ownership to me after the final payment.

The only thing I can get from the bank clerk is that the 'process' of transfer will take about 2 weeks.

Thanks.

validity of the letter depends on your visa expiry date,EG: if your visa runs out on 20 September thats when the letter runs out

When I got my year Visa i got a few residence letters for the year, just used one of them last week when I sold a bike, this was 7 months after I got it

Like many things here, it seems to depend on the mood of the person at the office that wants the letter on the day you go there.

I had one refused for being more than two months old which is why I wont count on more than 30 days now.

Out of interest. I am buying a car on HP through the bank. I've nearly finished paying for it.

Does anyone know if I have to have a residents letter when the bank transfers ownership to me after the final payment.

The only thing I can get from the bank clerk is that the 'process' of transfer will take about 2 weeks.

Thanks.

yes you will need to provide letter , I would provide it same time as you pay the balance

• Like 1

Like many things here, it seems to depend on the mood of the person at the office that wants the letter on the day you go there.

I had one refused for being more than two months old which is why I wont count on more than 30 days now.

mabe your visa had run out on the residence letter

I think it's obsolete information. Since they reorganize the Jomtien office (in early March?) the Residence Letter is now delivered "immediately" (10-15 minutes?) for a unique price of 300 baht. AFAIK, there is no more "next day" or "next week" option, but still no receipt of course. wink.png

I think it's obsolete information. Since they reorganize the Jomtien office (in early March?) the Residence Letter is now delivered "immediately" (10-15 minutes?) for a unique price of 300 baht. AFAIK, there is no more "next day" or "next week" option, but still no receipt of course.

Well, I'll be able to test that personally in 4 years' time. If I'm lucky they may even have stopped the scam altogether by then.

But you pay extra if you want it the same day.

I got mine last week at Jomtien. Handed over documents at 0825, had the letter in my hand at 0835. Far back over the years, as I can remember, the fee was 300 baht which I think is pretty reasonable for any kind of admin work.

My original question was only about the time frame which it was valid for

Not reasonable if it's free, did they give you a receipt?