Officials take action against Siam Paragon's rejecting taxi list

webfact

Officials take action against Paragon's rejecting taxi list
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi_reject_list.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Transportation officials took action to suspend two drivers after the Siam Paragon shopping mall made public its own shit-list of drivers-who-said-no.

A list of 54 license plates titled “Taxis that rejected passengers - March 2015” displayed outside the shopping mall recently went viral, pushing the Department of Land Transport to announce last night it would punish the two worst offenders with a fine and suspension.

Thirty-one drivers reported themselves in to pay a fine, while the two suspended were guilty of rejecting passengers at least twice.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/04/28/officials-take-action-against-paragons-rejecting-taxi-list

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-04-28

Brilliant smile.png Can we now have a shit list for bad bus and van drivers, etc wink.png

Well the problem with most van and bus drivers is that they are paid on commission... so they are either driving at break neck speed to beat another bus or van to the next stop, or they are trolling along parking at bus stops and illegal street stops waiting for a fare.

It's one the worst places in Bkk to catch a taxi according to my wife...

Central World now use Grab Taxi - zero rejections

I think that's the future... But there is little chance that those drivers on the SP list are going to sign up. They will just go somewhere else.

Seems this government at least does something. The previous one did nothing. But of course these taxi crooks were the ones that voted for them and the ones getting ripped of just BKK people in general not supportive of the PTP.

Seems this government at least does something. The previous one did nothing. But of course these taxi crooks were the ones that voted for them and the ones getting ripped of just BKK people in general not supportive of the PTP.

try a Samui taxi, ask to put on the meter and think again

One more thread which will end in Taxi bashing.

If you re so upset with the profession why not hire a personnal driver, buy your own car or just walk?

I had very few problems with taxi and i am in bkk for more than 7 years now.

Once in a while some of them just don t put the meter on, i just tell them if there is no meter to stop and i wait for another one.

With so many taxis in this city, not finding one who is willing to take you is just more than bad luck.

Those taxis make a 12 hour shift in general 6 days a week and probably more, and yet some people here don t understand than some of them just don t have the time, patience, or don t see the point to drive to, let's say : pantip at 6pm a friday....

With such low fare unhappy taxi users should buy a car or walk..

Go have a look at Paris or London, the fare price and how many are willing to take you especially after 8pm

Gimme a break OK! Nothing would have happened to those drivers unless someone posted it online and it went VIRAL. Only pressure from their loss of face at not knowing about these drivers and about their inaction forced them to take action in this instance. If you recall many weeks ago they were bragging about 2 drivers getting warnings. Then nothing for all this time

If you re so upset with the profession why not hire a personnal driver, buy your own car or just walk?

Once in a while some of them just don t put the meter on, i just tell them if there is no meter to stop and i wait for another one.

With so many taxis in this city, not finding one who is willing to take you is just more than bad luck.

Those taxis make a 12 hour shift in general 6 days a week and probably more, and yet some people here don t understand than some of them just don t have the time, patience, or don t see the point to drive to, let's say : pantip at 6pm a friday....

Go have a look at Paris or London, the fare price and how many are willing to take you especially after 8pm

It's not bashing taxi drivers to expect them to do their jobs.

I do mind being refused by a cab, but it happens and I can live with it. I just wait for the next one.

However to not criticise them for this behaviour and other things {meters springing to mind] is unrealistic.

It's annoying and contrary to the rules governing taxi drivers as a profession.

In addition the fact that Siam Paragon is acting this way, the sign is in Thai and a Thai govt ministry is getting involved would suggest that this behaviour is unacceptable to Thais. Plus it helps them identify those who are doing their job correctly.

As for London and Paris. I don't live there so not really anything to do with me or the OP..

Sur eit is good...

but

A private company publishes a list, so the Government automaticly fines people because their name is on a list ?

Is this right ?

Same like people giving in information about taxi drivers.. still its the only way. Finally they are getting punished.

Don't know about Paris, but in London taxi drivers are legally banned from turning down a fare unless the destination is more than 6 miles away or outside the licensing area. (The driver can turn you down if you're obnoxiously drunk or violent, too, but that would never apply to a Thaivisa member.) Personally, I've never, ever been turned down by a London cabbie. Definitely can't say the same for Bangkok.

I am not in Paris or London. I live in Thailand.

I don't ask people to compare Paris or London to Bangkok, since they are in different continents, have different governments and don't share a common culture.

I don't suggest people hire a personal driver, buy a car or just walk. That's their business.

I don't know all the taxis drivers, therefore, I cannot speak for them concerning their patience, etc.

If I pay a person's way in life , then perhaps I may urge them to take a certain path or aspect in life.

I don't pay anyone's way in life and generally stay away from telling others what to do.

I do mind being refused by a cab, but it happens and I can live with it. I just wait for the next one.

However to not criticise them for this behaviour and other things {meters springing to mind] is unrealistic.

In addition the fact that Siam Paragon is acting this way, the sign is in Thai and a Thai govt ministry is getting involved would suggest that this behaviour is unacceptable to Thais. Plus it helps them identify those who are doing their job correctly.

As for London and Paris. I don't live there so not really anything to do with me or the OP..

Criticize them is ok...but those thread tend to end in "taxi scum" generalties and you know this too

Yes taxi driver is a profession, however in my profession, if a customer ask me something to do and i do not want to do it because of some reasons, i just tell him i do not want to do it...at the end i am the one losing moneu

As for london and paris yes it as to do with the OP as it can be a comparison with the actual situation in thailand;

In London taxi don t refuse to take you? maybe it s because you end with a loan if you take a taxi there

As for Paris, the taxis are horrible mostly and one time over two the answer they give you is "not my direction"

Also if it s a Paragon initiative and the government stepped in AFTER then i do not see the legal point of this at the beggining...not sure if there is any name on that sign, but if yes it can definitly be a material for defamation law

Criticize them is ok...but those thread tend to end in "taxi scum" generalties and you know this too

Yes taxi driver is a profession, however in my profession, if a customer ask me something to do and i do not want to do it because of some reasons, i just tell him i do not want to do it...at the end i am the one losing moneu

As for london and paris yes it as to do with the OP as it can be a comparison with the actual situation in thailand;

In London taxi don t refuse to take you? maybe it s because you end with a loan if you take a taxi there

As for Paris, the taxis are horrible mostly and one time over two the answer they give you is "not my direction"

Also if it s a Paragon initiative and the government stepped in AFTER then i do not see the legal point of this at the beggining...not sure if there is any name on that sign, but if yes it can definitly be a material for defamation law

I don't think there are names but then again, the print is too small to make out for my weary eyes.

Of those I can make out quite a few of them seem to have Thai after the number.

Not sure why.

Well said.

Archived