rimping no more all day 10 liter alcahol buys

dave2

i was in nim city this afternoon and saw this new rule that I didn't know about

in don't need to explain it coz its in English

I doubt this will affect rimping much but ill bet macro are crying in their boots coz I know a few bar owners who get their booze there in the afternoons to sell at night and there are probably dozens of others as well

on the way home I poped into one of my mom and pop shops for three beers and he told me my beer had gone up 1 baht a bottle from today ... ok I said no problem

then I showed him the sign from rimping on my phone and he laughed his socks off and said no problem for you david

we no have this rule here :) .... meaning I or anyone else could buy ten liters or 20 boxes anytime I wanted :)

dave2

pc ... nim city have got headiv breakfast tea bags in at the mo at 168 baht and mc vities chocolate digestive biscuits at 68 baht a box

post-42592-0-28574000-1430221137_thumb.j

post-42592-0-17621200-1430221181_thumb.j

It seems that businesses that need to buy stock can apply for an exemption certificate for use at Makro (and probably elsewhere). Seems to me that the previous arrangement was a fairly sane way of doing things - if the aim is to limit the hours workers can buy alcohol, then setting a high minimum quantity to prevent casual consumption should work pretty well you'd think. I suspect there's some attraction in the additional layer of license issuing bureaucracy and that maybe there's a charge for the certificate on top.

i was in nim city this afternoon and saw this new rule that I didn't know about

in don't need to explain it coz its in English

I doubt this will affect rimping much but ill bet macro are crying in their boots coz I know a few bar owners who get their booze there in the afternoons to sell at night and there are probably dozens of others as well

on the way home I poped into one of my mom and pop shops for three beers and he told me my beer had gone up 1 baht a bottle from today ... ok I said no problem

then I showed him the sign from rimping on my phone and he laughed his socks off and said no problem for you david

we no have this rule here :) .... meaning I or anyone else could buy ten liters or 20 boxes anytime I wanted :)

dave2

pc ... nim city have got headiv breakfast tea bags in at the mo at 168 baht and mc vities chocolate digestive biscuits at 68 baht a box

what is coz?

It seems that businesses that need to buy stock can apply for an exemption certificate for use at Makro (and probably elsewhere). Seems to me that the previous arrangement was a fairly sane way of doing things - if the aim is to limit the hours workers can buy alcohol, then setting a high minimum quantity to prevent casual consumption should work pretty well you'd think. I suspect there's some attraction in the additional layer of license issuing bureaucracy and that maybe there's a charge for the certificate on top.

All they need is an alcohol reseller's license. Then they can buy anytime.

Most bars around the red light district are on such a tight budget that they only buy from the local liquor store or barrow a few bottles from their next door neighbor. They can not afford to drive the 20 km return. Besides there are those bars and reassurance that do a very good business that they get a better break from their local.

Edited by khwaibah

The reason for the law was to keep children from getting alcohol. Had nothing to do with preventing workers from buying. Typically mom and pop shops did not follow the rule. I hated when the rule was first imposed, allot of restaurants would refuse to sell alcohol too. Maybe one day they will change the stupid law.

re

All they need is an alcohol reseller's license. Then they can buy anytime.

if you and greenside are right and bar owner somchai can buy beer anytime coz hes got a licence and probably paid for it ?

but bricklayer somchai cant

now I know im living in la la land :(

this country seem to be run by children in power

for children that never get past 15

dave2

post-42592-0-35626100-1430277322_thumb.j