what is required for non o multiple visa at embassy in vientiane?

sorry...the answer is likely here somewhere but if someone could just tell me in a nutshell, i would appreciate it. i'm just worried what i read might not be current.

i'm reading a curriculum vitae (that is the same as a resume?)., medical certificate (what are they looking for here? do i need to go to a major hospital or will local clinic work?), and police clearance (just go to the local police station?)

the purpose is to get a retirement visa. i'm 55 and the money is in the bank.

thankyou in advance. (very much)

Edited by turnpike

You can only get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane.

The only thing you will need is your passport and a bank book showing 800k or proof of an income of 65k baht or both totaling 800k baht.

The requirements shown on the website is for Lao citizen to get a OA visa.

If you really want a multiple entry you could try Penang with financial proof.

The only thing you will need is your passport and a bank book showing 800k or proof of an income of 65k baht or both totaling 800k baht.

ok, thanks pal.

now if i can bend your ear again....if i have a single entry non o visa, if i get the retirement visa, will that be single entry as well? or could i get multiple entry.

i am sorry...i am finding all of this very confusing.

is there a place i could send it to to get it done for me?? not too worried about the cost.

After you get the single entry non-o you can apply for an extension of stay at immigration during the last 30 day of the 90 day entry you will get from the visa.

After getting the extension you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit (3800 baht fee). Or a single for 1000 baht.

The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply for the extension. If you are using income be sure you just give the embassy a copy of your income letter so you can use the original for the extension application.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

ok, thanks pal.

now if i can bend your ear again....if i have a single entry non o visa, if i get the retirement visa, will that be single entry as well? or could i get multiple entry.

i am sorry...i am finding all of this very confusing.

is there a place i could send it to to get it done for me?? not too worried about the cost.

There is no "Retirement visa" !

As explained a "Non O" , single entry visa can be obtained from Vientiane.

This visa can , in turn, be used to apply for an "extension of stay" based on retirement.

There are many agents/lawyers who will happily charge big money to assist in accomplishing this very simple process. smile.png

my sincere thanks for your help, ubonjoe and nzexpat.

i've been living here almost 10 years (working 28 and 28). never had the need for anything other than a tourist visa. now the rig has shut down like so many others around the world.

feel and bit panicky and silly actually for not knowing more about the process.

again, my sincerest thanks for pointing me the right way.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

my sincere thanks for your help, ubonjoe and nzexpat.

i've been living here almost 10 years (working 28 and 28). never had the need for anything other than a tourist visa. now the rig has shut down like so many others around the world.

feel and bit panicky and silly actually for not knowing more about the process.

again, my sincerest thanks for pointing me the right way.

Sorry to learn about the reduction of work availability. I can understand the stress that this might induce.

If you need further advice about securing an extension of stay based on retirement just ask here or PM one of the Mods (or me ! )

Best wishes !smile.png

• Like 1

I'm a little confused by the problem you think you have. You apparently qualify for a visa based on retirement. Why not simply go to Thai immigration office.

Step 1. 3 month non immigrant visa.

Step 2. Apply for 1 year visa based on retirement.

It sounds as if the financial requirement is not an issue so I can't see a problem.

Jomtien immigration did both at the same time when I arrived. No problem. However, don't know if the rules have changed and maybe you can no longer do both together.

Also did multi re-entry at the same time.

Hi I tried last year to get and was refused so had to go back home and do it not sure you can get it in thailand now .

Without some more detail your post adds no information and is just scaremongering.

I haven't heard of anyone the correct age (over 50), who had the correct documents, not rocket science, and money in the bank or income with proof, being refused an extension of stay on the basis of retirement.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

If you are over 50 and have the income proof you can convert a turist visa or a 30 days permit to an Non O at Immigration.

No need to go to Vientiane.

Just bring a medical certificate that you can get in a small clinic.

Edited by pbonline

If you are over 50 and have the income proof you can convert a turist visa or a 30 days permit to an Non O at Immigration.

No need to go to Vientiane.

Just bring a medical certificate that you can get in a small clinic.

You on do a change of visa status to get a non immigrant visa at Bangkok immigration and it will take two trips 15 days apart to get the visa and entry stamps now.

For many people it is best to got go Vientiane unless you live in or near Bangkok.

A medical certificate is not needed unless you apply at one of the few odd offices that ask for it.