Billboards along the highway

Anthony5

I use the highway between Regents school and Pattaya on a daily base, and there are a lot of those huge billboards installed, to be precise 49 on that ~10 km stretch only.

During the past 3-4 months I noticed that each time one of the billboards had it's advertisement expired, the billboard would often stay empty.

Today I noticed that all but 8 are empty, and of those occupied, 3 are with advertisements from a government agency.

Even the extra huge ones near Regents school which normally have a Toyota or other car manufacturer advertisement are empty today.

What does this tell you about the economy?

• Like 1

They moved their advertising budget online.

Advertising i always spread over different mediums, because online you reach a different public than with billboards or written media. Billboards in fact are a very effective way of advertising, since there is no handling required from the people you try to reach, and you can't click it away with ad blockers or whatever.

It wouldn't have been so notable if it wasn't that over 3/4th of the boards was empty, and stay empty for an extended period of time, so clearly something must have changed.

Highway between Regents school and Pattaya?

Not such a hot mile anymore since the freeway extension to Sukhumvit?

Just a thought.

Did it come up with you that we may be talking about the same thing, since I'm only aware of 1 highway between Regents and Pattaya ( Sukhumvit)

If you mean highway 36 from Regent School to Sukhumvit then we talk about the same highway.

And this route has lost much of its traffic/importance since highway 7 from Bangkok has been extended to Sukhumvit near Pattaya Nuea.

THE major route to and from Pattaya to Bangkok nowadays.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you mean highway 36 from Regent School to Sukhumvit then we talk about the same highway.

And this route has lost much of its traffic/importance since highway 7 from Bangkok has been extended to Sukhumvit near Pattaya Nuea.

THE major route to and from Pattaya to Bangkok nowadays.

I'm talking about Highway 7, as that is the only highway going to Pattaya, Highway 36 goes from Rayong to Banglamung.

i think chakatee summed up the economy part of it very nicely, but counting billboards for a hobby,,, really!!!! Is pattaya that boring?

I appreciate people who are aware and curious. Tend to be interesting people. Plenty of new things to talk and think about.

• Like 1

You might want to start using the 36 again as soon as they install the toll booth at the Regents School exit.

Work appears to have already started.

I don't know the toll fee yet, but I feel it will be not more than 30 Bht, and think it will be worth that taken in consideration the travel distance, gasoline and time I save.