Thai man arrested with 26 migrant workers in his car

webfact

how do you get 26 migrant workers in your car?

easy, 13 in the front and 13 in the back.

How do you get 4 elephants in a car?

2 in front, 2 in back, trunks in the boot.....

You forgot the boot!!

An SUV hasn't got a boot!!!!!!!!!

My assumption is that the arrest has nothing to do with the number of people in the vehicle (whatever type it was), but that the people in it were suspected of being 'illegal'.

My experience is that in Thailand, overloading a vehicle is a thing to be admired, as it saves money - you don't have to make as many trips. I have been told by more than one Thai person that people who do it are sensible.

So there!.

how do you get 26 migrant workers in your car?

easy, 13 in the front and 13 in the back.

How do you get 4 elephants in a car?

2 in front, 2 in back, trunks in the boot.....

You forgot the boot!!

What is the biggest font in the world??

THE ELE-FONTcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I got a girls hockey team in a mini clubman estate car once!

No honestly, it was when I was in the army, and my unit was participating in a sports competition at Pirbright. The minibus with the girls hockey team broke down a couple of miles out, so we crammed them in to get them there on time. Got a cracking salute off the bloke on guard at the gate - made his day!

All let in through Phu Nam Ron no doubt. There were hundreds of Burmese coming through there when I did my out-in.

You tend to get a lot of people crossing at border crossings

Although I've never been there, I was under the impression Phu Nam Ron was very isolated as there's nothing on the Burmese side. If there really are hundreds of Burmese crossing, that must mean they all come from Dawei or somewhere far away - that must mean a lot of minivans travelling the 140km to the border. At all other crossings most of the locals live in the border town opposite Thailand and therefore it's not unusual to see large numbers crossing at times. However, it really depends, even at Mae Sot/Myawady (probably the busiest Thai-Myanmar crossing) it can sometimes be very busy or very quiet. Depends on the day of week or even just the time of day.