Two injured in pick-up versus Coach Collision in East Pattaya

webfact

Two injured in pick-up versus Coach Collision in East Pattaya

crash-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Two Cambodians travelling in a pick-up truck, which was struck, head-on by a Coach were seriously injured on Wednesday afternoon in a crash which occurred on Highway 331.

Police and rescue workers made their way to the scene of the crash in the Huay Yai area and the driver and passenger of the pick-up were rushed to Banglamung Hospital where the extent of their injuries are still to be fully assessed.

They were driving from the Kow Mai Geaw area to Sattahip to collect a consignment of Pineapples which were to be transported to Bangkok and according to witnesses they attempted to overtake a slower-moving vehicle and crossed over to the opposing lane to find the coach directly in-front of them.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/188621/two-injured-in-pick-up-versus-coach-collision-in-east-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-04-30

'They found a coach directly in front of them'? This is a very dangerous road with coach drivers often the offenders, pulling into the opposing traffic lane to bully their way through. Not in this case maybe. For a long time the yellow broken and unbroken lines had been applied in reverse. Indicating that it was OK to overtake on a left hand bend and on the approach to a brow of a hill?? Not as though drivers obey the road markings, or traffic laws come to that.coffee1.gif

Asians seem to have very poor judgement of speed / distance / risk / awareness / their own driving capabilities

Aint that the truth!!
Not an Asian thing at all. It is a lack of education issue. Coupled with an absence of effective enforcement of laws. Don't take my word for it... Just look at the many moronic farang drivers who drive as badly as the Thais in pattaya. I could be equally offensive and say many Western drivers here are lowly educated drunkards who have probably been suspended from driving in their own countries.

Btw...I have an Asian friend who is an excellent driver with no accident record and who had undertaken an advance driving skills course when he turned 18, at the insistence of his dad.

Edited by doggie888888

Asians seem to have very poor judgement of speed / distance / risk / awareness / their own driving capabilities

Aint that the truth!!
Not an Asian thing at all. It is a lack of education issue. Coupled with an absence of effective enforcement of laws. Don't take my word for it... Just look at the many moronic farang drivers who drive as badly as the Thais in pattaya. I could be equally offensive and say many Western drivers here are lowly educated drunkards who have probably been suspended from driving in their own countries.

Btw...I have an Asian friend who is an excellent driver with no accident record and who had undertaken an advance driving skills course when he turned 18, at the insistence of his dad.

So how exactly does education and law enforcement fix peoples eyesight?