Longest successful letter delivery you have experienced from US?

mania

Just curious...I am pretty much writing this one off as my 1st lost mailing in years now but....

My daughter mailed a letter from US on April 3rd

I realize timing wise that was right before Songkran shutdown so

figured it may take an extra week but....It has now been just about 4 weeks

so I'm pretty sure it is lost.

But I was also curious what was the longest "successful" deliver time you have had

from US>Chiangmai

Lastly is there any bulk mail/surface shipped letter mail anymore? I had also wondered if there

was a chance it got miss-sorted & sent via bulk slow boat mail.

In the US I remember they still sent that method via air but only when bulk was full

As an aside it was just a regular letter sized envelope & postage was $1.15 USD

Thanks for any examples of your longest successful delivery

• Like 1

14 to 21 days. anything over ur SOL.sad.png

Thanks khwaibah

If that is the case I will hold hope for another day or two since I

figured add a week for the Songkran wink.png

If it dies not arrive today or tomorrow I will ask my daughter to resend

Thanks

Edited by mania

A friend just received a Christmas card mailed December 23 from El Paso, TX. But (here's the kicker) it was mailed thru the APO system and delivered into the U.S. Consulate. (he's retired U.S. military, so he has APO privileges for small items like letters) That delivery was US government all the way! Thai post would have been much speedier.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

Well, well. It seems there are quite a few of us - and I'd previously heard nothing but reports of perfection on the thai postal service. I've pretty much written off a nice book/catalogue of a NYC exhibition that's now about a month overdue.

• Like 1

Well, well. It seems there are quite a few of us - and I'd previously heard nothing but reports of perfection on the thai postal service.

When the letter is miss sent to another country, that is not a problem caused by the Thai postal system.

Not suggesting that the Thai postal system is perfect and do not think anybody else has either.

• Like 1

Any mail sent to me takes at least 10-18 days to reach me.

On the plus side, after 4 weeks waiting, I received notice a package sent via USPS addressed to "Soi Moo", and Tambon, Amphur and Province listed in reverse order, was waiting at the local post office. The box had dozens of Missent and Undeliverable stamps. So, very surprised EMS even bothered to try figuring out where it should go, kept trying, and then who the heck "Soi Moo" could be.

• Like 1

Not mail from the US but I once sent a birthday card from the military APO in Bangkok to my wife in Hawaii and it took eight months to get there. Had postmarks from every APO in the world when it finally arrived. The wife didn't believe for eight months that I hadn't forgotten her birthday. When the card did arrive I finally got out of the doghouse!!

• Like 1

On the other side of the ledger, I was sitting on a verandah in a Buriram village a few years ago when a letter posted four days before in Melbourne, Australia was delivered into my hand by the postie.

• Like 1

Christmas cards 2013 and 2014 never arrived, from Europe and New Zealand

Birthday card with contents never arrived.

Package from new zealand with gifts never arrived.

So THE system here is not good at all.

I send all my mail registered to assure all Will arive.

So not happy at all [emoji37]

• Like 1