Ed Visa - which embassy to send paperwork in Canada?

Just applying for the paper work in bkk to obtain an Ed-visa, will be returning to Canada, Victoria, in two months. Is there any specific embassy to send this to in Canada? I will be there for 3 months, then returning to Bkk. Is this all do-able?

Thanks

The time frame is a bit problematic in the sense that you get the paperwork very early and might be too old to use. Also keep in mind that once the visa is issued it must be used within 3 months time.

I would have the school send you the paperwork while in Canada and then during your last month of staying in Canada apply at one of the honorary consulates.

Thanks, yes that was what I was concerned about. I understand that I will receive a letter that is good for 1 month, in which time the application must be made outside the country. Will the consulate in Canada take into consideration that I won't be returning to Thailand until September? I can ask the school to send me the paperwork in August, in which case is there anything that I need to do before I leave?

I also understand that I must go to do a speaking test here in Bkk, as it is my 2nd ed-visa, so would I go through with that here?

Thanks again!

Were you aware that "Thai" can be studied whilst on a Tourist visa ?

No need to pay for "paperwork" just purchase tuition as needed .

"Up to you " as they say and triple entry tourist visas are available in Canada !smile.png

Is there any specific embassy to send this to in Canada?

The Thai embassy?

Not trying to be funny (well a bit), but each country only gets at most one embassy from Thailand or any other country and embassies [or high commissions within the British Commonwealth] are located in the recognized capital of the country.

Edited by Suradit69

I spoke with my school, this is what they told me:

The 'letter' from the Ministry of Ed is good for 1-2 months, within which time I need to make the application in Canada, but if I don't submit it in time in Canada, my school can get another letter from the MOE and send it to me.

Correct?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just want to make sure the Ed-visa will take me to the end of June 2016 when I will return to Canada again.

Thanks!

You realise that a "VISA" associated with a language school course is unlikely to provide for more than a single 90 day entry ?

Just want to make sure the Ed-visa will take me to the end of June 2016 when I will return to Canada again.

It may if it is a multiple entry visa. Inquiry with embassy or consulate if they issue it and if so what are the requisites.

Edited by paz

Thanks!

If you able to get a multiple entry non-ed visa it will be valid for entry for a year and will give unlimited 90 day entries. You would have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

If you are only planning on a single entry visa and then get 90 day extensions of stay at immigration you may get one year of total stay from the date you enter the country. But that will dependent how many hours of study you pay for and the school you are attending.

Thanks!

If you able to get a multiple entry non-ed visa it will be valid for entry for a year and will give unlimited 90 day entries. You would have to leave the country every 90 days for a new entry.

If you are only planning on a single entry visa and then get 90 day extensions of stay at immigration you may get one year of total stay from the date you enter the country. But that will dependent how many hours of study you pay for and the school you are attending.

Thanks, yes it will be single entry with 90 day extensions done by the school. Once the visa is issued in Canada, does the clock starts ticking or is it from when I enter Thailand? Even still if I get it in July that will take me to July 2016 which should be fine.

Under immigration's rules for getting extensions the clock starts ticking on the one year from the date of entry.

The single entry visas 3 months validity starts from the date of issue.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks!

Thanks, yes it will be single entry with 90 day extensions done by the school. Once the visa is issued in Canada, does the clock starts ticking or is it from when I enter Thailand? Even still if I get it in July that will take me to July 2016 which should be fine.

Extensions of stay are NOT done by the School.

Extensions of stay ARE done by Thai Immigration Officers on personal application at Immigration Offices and are give if the paperwork (supplied by the school) meets immigration's requirements