Ip-star: The Difference

Guest Reimar

IP-Star: The Difference  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear all!

I do believe that the most of you will understand the Background of this new poll and I don't need to explain again.

My "war" with CS-Loxinfo came to the final stage now. I not only post in this forum, I also try to publish on different ways the truth about the "real" service of this (Step-) Daughter of the Shin-Corp Imperium!

Many of the peoples I spoken to do not understand that "way of business" as it is done by that company. Some of them told: That is really crime and fraud against their costumer! Others told: That is very close to the border of crime!

Even after I received a call from this human Phurint Phasom today, while he told that I do not need to pay anything if I cancel the contract, I will not cancel the contract. Ok, the service is suspended since last Saturday already but I waiting for the cancelation of the contract done by CS-Loxinfo. At the same moment I will charge CS-Loxinfo for all our expenses and count for the time we used for testing purpose an amount of THB 1,000.00 for each hour of every working day of 2 month!

I will force CS-Loxinfo to start a law case against my company because that will help us a lot to show the Public the real truth about that company.

So, I ask all of you who have experience with CS-Loxinfo for a reply in this poll.

Thanks a lot to all of you.

Reimar,

I am (luckily) no Csloxinfo Ip star Client so i can't vote....but i think it is pretty impressive what you are doing here(also what is on the other thread) . I wish you best of luck to get things to the better ,

rcm :o

I can't vote either...... I only have experience of one connection.

My dish was misaligned, but thanks to you Reimar, that is now fixed (I thought that it would be better to thank you openly rather than by PM), you do some sterling work.

My connection is now a little bit better.

But during 'office hours' ..... it's still crap.

I do hope that you manage to get some satisfaction on this topic, but when faced with a country with a mai pben rai attitude that gives an 'up to you' response when you pben rai, you could be paddling uphill without a kayak....

Personally ..... I hope you win.

Dear Reimar, I can't help you here either, I have no experience with CS Loxinfo. I understand your battle, but I think it is getting out of hand a bit. I also don't think you will find A LOT of CS -loxinfo and TOT IPstar users to make a valid assesment on th poll. If you do, all 3 or 4 of thm won't really make a point right?

Wishing you the best as usual, try to get it out of your system and move on, I don't see this going anywhere. And no, the system won't change for farangs.

CNXPAT

I understand your frustration all too well.

But I should remind you of the old proverb ....

"Those intending to take revenge must first dig two graves"

It is not worth it.

If you are right and they are not just incompetent fools, but crimials inclined to fraud who would be jailed in the West, your best course of action is to get as far away from them ASAP and move on.

I know you do not want to hear this, but you should admit that you are partly responsible since you chose to operate here where infrastructure is fragile or non existent much of the time.

Besides you have responsibility to employees and sharehoders to solve problems. Cut your losses and find another path.

Again, I empathize with you, but beating a dead horse is folly.

Good luck

How Loxinfo can justify charging 2,500 baht per month for really BAD service continues to amaze me. TOT charges 1,500 baht for that same service. I have the 512/256 TOT service for 2,200 per month and other than downloads being corrupted it works great.

I emailed Loxinfo and told them if they didn't pick up their equipment within ten days I was going to sell it to get some of my 9,000 baht installation charge back. Last night they came and picked up the dish and the box. The one guy was looking at my identical dish from TOT and asked me why I changed. I told him that Loxinfo service was VERY bad, (NO GOOD!) and that TOT works great for less baht. My wife was irritated because she thought I was rude to the guy. I guess I was rude but after all the crap I got from that company, I have a right to be rude.

The one guy was looking at my identical dish from TOT and asked me why I changed. I told him that Loxinfo service was VERY bad, (NO GOOD!) and that TOT works great for less baht. My wife was irritated because she thought I was rude to the guy. I guess I was rude but after all the crap I got from that company, I have a right to be rude.

Can you guess why TOT can provide a somewhat better service?

Technical reasons? certainly not.

Let me hint you:

TOT=government => can waste taxpayer's money at will => can sell iPSTAR service at loss => can pay big international b/w bills => don't need to throttle down international connections from customers.

I'm not trying to take CSLox's defense here. They're certainly mistreating their customers badly these days, but for that particular CSLox iPSTAR vs. TOT iPSTAR issue, the cause is plain and simple: Thailand's completely rotten telecom marketplace, with no fair competition, the big duopoly racketting phone customers and being able to do dumping on more competitive markets etc.

The poor guy who came to pick up your CSLox dish probably can't do much for this, and probably doesn't even have any way to pass information up to the management. Chances are he's from a subcontractor. Getting mad at him is useless, although I do understand that it might have helped relieving your frustration a bit.

--Lannig

Edited by Lannig

Dear all,

Thanks for all of your replies!

This poll is started to show the difference between CS-Loxinfo IP-Star and TOT IP-Star. Also those, who have experiences with one (1) of this ISP is more as welcome in this poll and I need this votes as well.

So please everybody who have experiences with IP-Star, CS-Loxinfo and - or TOT, come to the poll! Thanks

As normal, answers to e-mails sent to the Managing Director of CS-Loxinfo are NOT answered. A phone call from No. 2, the human Khun Phurint Phasom, I got and he asked me to cancel the contract because if I cancel, I do not need to pay the outstanding! I told him clearly that he have to send me this offer in written form as e-mail, FAX or others and he promised to send on the same day, which was yesterday. As "normal" also: this written offer haven’t arrived my office yet!

In a meeting with some other members of the company, I got to known that they want to offer this deal but that I have to cancel the contract. I got also to known, that this company wouldn't send this offer in written form! They want that I cancel the contract just on base of trust and than want to start a law case against my company to get the full outstanding incl. the fine for early cancelation and removal. That's the real way as that company is working.

Tomorrow I'll go to NTC (National Telecommunication Commission) and to Consumer Thailand, a consumer protection board.

Let see if this institution s can do something!

I will keep posting.

Today I was by NTC only because of available time. But I think I don't need to further! Read my post, pinned as NTC: a new ............ and you get more info.

For my own casen the effect was unbelievable: NTC contacted CS-Loxinfo directly and pushed them for actions which have to be settled within max. 2 weeks. CS-L already offered not only to cancel the open invoices but also pay back the service fee for that time we paid for an NON existing service already. Eve they have to send an appollogy letter with the contents that CS-L are not able to solve the existing problems. The second chopice they have is to startup an reliable service in a short time with cancelation of 4 month NON-Service and the fees for this!

I don't need to hand over the equipment before they settle everythin: Cancelation, pay back of money and appology letter!

For all of you who have problems with CS-L I suggest that all of you go directly to NTC address in the pinned post, and submitt a complaint!

I will keep posting about any more news!

• 2 weeks later...

CSLOXINFO are totally terrible I will never use them, ever again. I have had the dish installed for 3 months, it worked well for 2-3 weeks then just failed and continued to fail ever since. Yet they continued to bill me! I continued to email them. They continued to ignore my mails. I was forced to use Internet cafes to run my business from.. Not ideal while I am being charged 2,600BHT a month.

I called them and eventually I actually got through to some one and explained that I will not pay the bill untill they sort out the problem.

The rep advised I try an new package they have called IPstar Home 256..They give you 2 Gig a month then after using your 2 gig they power you down by 50%....What a joke, I used 2 Gig in 3 days.. Then the problems all started again. I called them again, they extended my "trial" then on the 4th Day they disconnected me, whilst still on my trial>> I called and they said I havn't paid my bill.!! OMG I am screaming at them now. I told the guy. That that was it, the last time I call, so cancel my package and come and get your equipment before I leave outside for the Garbage collectors to have.

I am now waiting for TOT. its been 3 weeks, i`m not holding out much hope for them too, but I will have to wait and see.

Dear all!

I really suggest to everybody who's facing problems with CS-Loxinfo and special their IP-Star: GO TO THE NTC AND FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST CS-LOXINFO!!

I just waiting for the Apology Letter from them which is on a way since Monday by registered Mail. As soon as this letter arrives and I accept what they writing, I'll post it here on the forum!

If this letter will not come untill next Monday, I'll send a Invoice to CS-Loxinfo to charge them storage cost for every day the equipment will be in my warehouse.

On one hand it is unbelievable how this company is handling their customers and play with their money, but on the other hand how can it be better with an founder and long time chairman T..... Sh.........?

Shinawatra Corporation Public Company Limited is the owner or Shareholder or both of: Shin Sattelite, Thaicom, CS-Loxinfo, AIS, IP-Star and and and!! All of them bounded them services to a lot of problems, expensive, un-efficient, un-reliable and and and!

And the Boss of this company-imperium has leave Thailand like a Rat a sinking Vessel!

Shinawatra Corporation Public Company Limited is the owner or Shareholder or both of: Shin Sattelite, Thaicom, CS-Loxinfo, AIS, IP-Star and and and!!

No longer true as you certainly know. They've been sold to Temasek.

As for CSLox the situation is even more complex since it results from a merger between CSComs (CAT+Shin joint venture) and Loxinfo (Loxley and Singaporean holdings)

Anyway, I guess that the horizon just turned darker for all these companies. With the sellout under scrutinization by the new regime, they future is rather uncertain.

Not that the future of CSLox was looking bright before that in my opinion. They just can't stand the competition, at least on the home/SOHO market.

--Lannig

Shinawatra Corporation Public Company Limited is the owner or Shareholder or both of: Shin Sattelite, Thaicom, CS-Loxinfo, AIS, IP-Star and and and!!

No longer true as you certainly know. They've been sold to Temasek.

As for CSLox the situation is even more complex since it results from a merger between CSComs (CAT+Shin joint venture) and Loxinfo (Loxley and Singaporean holdings)

Anyway, I guess that the horizon just turned darker for all these companies. With the sellout under scrutinization by the new regime, they future is rather uncertain.

Not that the future of CSLox was looking bright before that in my opinion. They just can't stand the competition, at least on the home/SOHO market.

--Lannig

Offical sold to 49% to keep the company as real Thai Company. Latest is now under investigation and all of their licenses would be expire if the amount of foreign owners is 50% ore more. In that case all that companies involved in the "Singapore Deal" need to apply for new, foreign licenses which are much more difficult to get than Thai licenses.

Edited by Reimar