Just want to ask, you suggestions what to do about my visa. I have been in Thailand for over 10 years now, always on marriage visa. For that you have to show 400 000 in the bank or 40 000 per month earnings. This time unfortunately I don't have 400000 in the bank and my British pension is only 600 pounds per month - that is about 25 000 baht.I am 65 years old from UK. Any suggestions what to do?obviously I want to stay in Thailand.

Given your finances you only seem to have 1 option: Go to the Thai consulate in Savanakhet (Laos) and apply for a multiple non-O visa. You would have to leave the country every 90 days, but can get almost 15 months out of the visa.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Given your finances you only seem to have 1 option: Go to the Thai consulate in Savanakhet (Laos) and apply for a multiple non-O visa. You would have to leave the country every 90 days, but can get almost 15 months out of the visa.

Agreed !

The only possible solution .

Yep Savannakhet non-o is your option this time & can tide you over for 15months plus with extension.

The application process/required docs & travel route is easy, loads of current up to date info in the forum on it too.