Thai wife to Canada, Visa Advice?

Reaching out to fellow Canadians whose wives obtained Permanent Residence (PR). Starting the process soon and would appreciate some real life experiences. Including those who perhaps got rejected. How long wait time from initial application to decision rendered? Is there pro or con if she gets Temporary Resident visa (visitor, tourist ) before applying for PR? What should definitely and definitely not be mentioned in the PR application? We're having no formal wedding or village celebration, nor big honeymoon, but PR application asks for these details. Suggestions to ensure we prove marriage is legit, as this seems to be a major hurdle. Thanks all.

• 2 years later...

My wife has been with me in Canada for 5 years now.  Expect the process to be slow!  It took us about 14 months total from start to finish. My advice is to include as much information as possible.  If you aren't having a big wedding, celebration or honeymoon you probably need to explain why you decided to do it this way.  Include as many photos as you can of you together on trips as well as with other people.  Pictures of you with each other's family are usually helpful (you get the photos back).  We included phone logs of Skype calls. Had a small family ceremony and included that.  Took pictures of registering the wedding at the district office and included those.  Have friends who also brought their wives to Canada on a TRV and then applied here for PR, but the process is longer.  Once you are approved as a sponsor (about 3 to 4 months) it should be easy for you and her to apply for a TRV on that basis, but she will have to leave Canada in order to enter as a PR once that is approved.  Calling my Member of Parliament helped as they are able to get much more detailed information on the progress of the application than you will be able to get from the processing times websites.  If the marriage is legit, then it really shouldn't be that hard to prove it.